iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean that literally, whatever comes to your mind. If theres a topic ya dont feel like makin a new thread about, post it here. If ya just wanna vent or ramble or are havin a bad day at work and feel like lettin us know your boss sucks, do it here.
Heres my ramble, I send my daughter to a private school and pay a pretty penny for it. Every week they are doin some kind of fundraiser for the school that the parents are required to buy and sell stuff. We bought candies, pizza, hoagies, and clothing so far and were only a month into the school year and I have about 3 more sales sheets in front of me to buy stuff from and sell to people. Ya know, theres only so many times ya can ask the same people if they wanna buy something for my daughters school, especially with the economy and all. Alot of people I know are going broke and I am soon to be aswell if this keeps up, the stuff isnt cheep either. Well, I feel better now. I just hope none of the school staff posts here ! [Big Grin]
Please share anything you would like. Doesnt matter what it is.

PAUL EDIT: Stay within the board rules on this thread, people. Some posts and posters have not, and as a result I've had to step in.

[ 19. September 2012, 00:58: Message edited by: P_a_u_l ]

Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No vents from me today, as I am relaxed and well rested after a nice long weekend at camp. My husband went fishing for a while on Friday while I watched movies. On Saturday we went to some wineries, and I bought 7 bottles of wine. I bought a spiced wine that I'm going to have for Thanksgiving. I prefer dry white wine, or semi-dry, and my husband likes the sweet stuff that tastes like Welch's grape juice, LOL!
Do any of you like wine and if so, what type do you prefer? I do not like red wine, except for Eco Domani Merlot is okay.

Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much of a wine person here, makes me sleepy [Smile] Then again, ive never had anything you would call good, just cheap stuff. 7 bottles though im sure will make for a good time on any occasion. cheers !
Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let's see...I feel like the eighth dwarf--cough-y dwarf. I think I'll stay home tomorrow....

Johnny, my school system won't let any "unhealthful" foods such as pizza and candy be delivered to school, so we don't have so much of that going on. We do a lot of fundraisers but not as much as some places do. I know what it's like though, and I don't blame you--I'd be upset too.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
Ya i mean i could see once in awhile, but if ya knew what i pay just to send her there and the amount of kids that go there, ya'd think they wouldnt need all this $$$ and sometimes i wonder where it goes. I know the admin just got back from a nice vacation. hmmmm
On another note i hate this cold weather.

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
* Hear ya johnny about the fund raising stuff. My little fellas actually only three, but I have nine neices and nephews who know that good ol Uncle Kevin never says "NO" to all their fundraisers...most recent was the $4 pancake breakfast...also, they all still seem to sell chocolate bars...had to start buying them and tell them each to keep the bar...I'd be as big as a house!

* Pitts...just the opposite...I love red wine. Prefer a medium dry but am trying to work myself up to the "real stuff". Currently like a Nova Scotia wine from Jost called Terra Rosa. I love watching the movie "Sideways"...it makes me want to drink wine by the bucket full...asking my wife for a wine cooler fridge for Christmas!

* petty...lotsa colds and flu going around here as well...not fun.

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanna know if anyone has been to see "Paranormal Activity" yet?
It's not opening here until December but I've been hearing so much about it. It's so incredible that a film costing $15000 has become a massive massive hit. Last week it made over $20 million!!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
Its so funny you ask that. I just watched all the preview clips i could find, and read some of the yahoo forums on this movie. Its seem to be one or the other, either people were petrified and they loved it, or they said it was boring and hated it. I wont give any details as i wanna be the judge for myself. I love paranormal stuff for real so this seems to be right up my alley !

Kev, exactly right. Its at the point where we buy the chocolate bars and give em back to my daughter and her friends.lol. But even then, i only give em 1 apeice since i dont feel that these candies should even be pushed like this in these schools. By the end of the year, im gonna have a basement full of chocolate. Hopefully theres some gremlins down there that will eat them [Smile] I might aswell just make a general donation to the school.

Woke up stuffed up, hope nothins comin on.

[ 20. October 2009, 05:20: Message edited by: johnny76 ]

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm feeling pretty crappy today too! Woke up cold, stuffed up and with my throat feeling weird...oh man, I really don't want to be sick! Ugh!!! Anyone want to go to Florida and soak up some sun?

Other than that, I wish I had more friends who were into horror movies...oh well [Frown] ...

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
Seeing as how we live fairly close, I hope it wasnt you that got me sick ! [Smile]
Your hangin with the wrong people, horror movies are the best, especially this time of year.
I never did see that dolly dearest, is it good ?
Edit: i saw you didnt see it. Im wondering if my vid store has it.

[ 20. October 2009, 06:07: Message edited by: johnny76 ]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, the fundraisers. I get stuck buying from the neighbor girl across the street for both her school and for Girl Scouts. Now one of the kids next door is in 1st grade and selling the chocolate bars too. It's going to get to the point where I'm going to have to barracade myself in the house at the beginning of every school year! What do I do? I hate to tell the kids "NO!".

Hey kevdug- I love in that movie Sideways when Paul Giamatti just picks up the vat of wine and drinks from it- you know, where people spill out the leftover wine that they don't like- eewwwww-yuck! LOL

Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my husband is always coming home with things he gets from people at work or their kids' school fundraisers. last week, he came home with a big book full of coupons for places to eat out. he paid $20.00 for it. can you imagine if everyone if his office bought one, how much money that kid made? haha. i don't mind buying from kids. when my daughter has fundraisers, it's kind of a rule that we all have to buy individually from her little catalog. my mom, dad, brother...etc. but she goes to a public school so we aren't in that situation like you guys are.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
I was just gonna ask that, the schools you others are mentioning, are they public or private schools ? I went to a public school and the only times I ever had to sell anything was for our 5th grade trip and senior trip.
Ronnie- we had the restaurant sales sheet already and you would not beleive how tough it was to even ask family if they wanted to buy these gift certificates, the minimum purchase was $20.00 they went all the way up to $100.00. Needless to say, i bought, her grandparents and great grandparents bought. I didnt have the heart to ask many more people. Im startin to feel like a salesman for the school only not gettin paid, im payin them.

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My school's public.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Public schools for me as well...seems they're getting just as bad. A few years back a little kid came to my house selling Christmas decorations, and I bought what looked like little wooden figures to hang on your Christmas tree. When they arrived, I laughed for about an hour...they were no bigger than a dime each...and a steal for $15! We actually had tiny stockings for our gold fish at the time (Elroy and Big Ethel)...and the decorations were small enough to fit in them.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
Public schools for me as well...seems they're getting just as bad. A few years back a little kid came to my house selling Christmas decorations, and I bought what looked like little wooden figures to hang on your Christmas tree. When they arrived, I laughed for about an hour...they were no bigger than a dime each...and a steal for $15! We actually had tiny stockings for our gold fish at the time (Elroy and Big Ethel)...and the decorations were small enough to fit in them.

That is classic. Even goldfish need love during the holidays !!! [Smile]

I was attacked by ladybugs today. They came out of the woodwork with this warm day we had. I didnt know they bite til one bit my hand.

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone else have picky eaters at home?
my daughter is way too picky with food. she takes after her dad though because he always ate like a bird. it's the strangest thing, she won't eat hamburgers but she will eat broccoli. she won't eat mashed potatoes but she will eat salmon. if i buy a different kind of bread, she doesn't like it. this morning, i made her pancakes and she didn't like the brand of syrup i had. ??? goodness gracious!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Hopefully your daughter will outgrow the pickiness Ron. My old college boyfriend was the pickiest eater too, and it drove me nuts. I will eat just about anything, but his diet consisted of hamburgers, hot dogs, or steak or tacos. I am so glad that my husband likes most everything I have made. The only thing he didn't like were my vegetarian stuffed cabbages lol.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My niece and nephew both went to catholic school. It's all about the fund raising!!!! Talk about a competition... I never would have made it through catholic school BTW... [Big Grin]

Now it's my coworkers... Constantly trying to get me to buy a bunch of crap for their kids... Of course I have to buy some of it. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
Thats the problem, when its for a kid, especially a young one, people feel compelled to buy something. So my thing is that I dont want people thinkin that i know they are gonna buy something and thats why I keep coming back and askin them to buy more. My daughter is 5 so I guess its easier to make a sale cause people are less likely to say no. But thats the problem, im runnin outta people to ask.
Hey, any of you guys or girls on here wanna buy some delicious chocolates ??? [Big Grin]

Ronnie, I know exactly what you mean, my daughter is as picky as they get. Meals can become a real hassle in my house.

[ 21. October 2009, 18:51: Message edited by: johnny76 ]

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
We're having some struggles getting our three year old son to eat...really really picky. We try not to make a big deal about it...sometimes the extra attention is incentive for them to keep refusing, and we've quickly learned...if he don't want ta eat it...he ain't gonna! When he doesn't eat properly...no treats for the day...sooner or later he gets hungry enough. He loves tons of fruit, but really struggling with meat and veggies....
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
No rain all week, now its friday night and its pouring. Typical Pa. weather. Ugh... But it does set the mood for some good horror flix [Smile]
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah same here johnny76 we had a nice week no rain until last night and it didn't stop until early this morning! more showers today and sunday too
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Played Texas Hold 'Em last night- of course I did not win anything. Grrrrrrr. It's the same group of people that we play with every month, except my husband and I didn't play since June because his Mother was in the hospital and then passed away in August, so we have been too busy to play. But every time we do play, it seems like the same three or four people always win something. I have yet to place in our first game of the night, and then after that we play a short $5 game, which I won once last year- I won $40- enough to pay for my hubby's and my $20 first game, so I almost broke even.
Oh well, the weather is beautiful today here- a nice sunny October day.

buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we went to our friend's to watch the sabres game which we won in the shoot-out 3-2 and the new 19 year old rookie got the winning goal his first it was so exciting for him came home about midnight and watched aliens for a while and crashed!! today i did some things around the house with my one hand lol hubby helped though so that was good cleaned my turtle-fish aquarium and did some cooking now relaxing here have a great sunday everyone!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home