iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The G-20 Summit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The G-20 Summit
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://kdka.com/slideshows/G20.Pittsburgh.Summit.20.1202502.html

Here is a link to a slideshow of our city preparing for the G-20 Summit. I sure am lucky to not have to work downtown. My friends that do work downtown had the choice of either taking 2 days of personal/sick time, or take 2 days off without pay. They are barracading a lot of streets downtown, plus the Parkway as the groups arrive and are transported from the airport to the Omni downdown. There will be limited access to downtown for the next few days, and at every exit that is accessable, there will be checkpoints. Also, Greenpeace is already up to their antics with climbers who raised a banner above the Ohio River and dangled from the banner over the river. They stayed there for two hours, then were subsequently arrested. What a mess.

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of rioting. At least 80 have been arrested as of Noon today. My neighbor was assigned to work downtown, with other soldiers. He was given an M-16 to carry. He is still wondering why he needs an M-16 for crowd control LOL. The police have been using tear gas and rubber bullets for crowd control so far.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive been followin this mess on the net while workin. How close are you to the chaos ? Keep safe.
Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Fortuneately, I don't live anywhere near downtown. I am about 30 minutes away. I told my hubby if I did live in an apartment downtown, I'd either leave and go stay at a friend's for a few days, or stock up on lotsa beer and liquor and food, and stay inside until the weekend is over.
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your choices up stock up goods just made my day !!! [Smile]
Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home