iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » RIP Patrick Swayze

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RIP Patrick Swayze
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patrick Swayze has succumbed to pancreatic cancer at 57

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_swayze

A true icon of 80s movies gone too soon

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terrible news, 80s legend: talented actor, dancer and singer.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sad.

Rest in peace Patrick

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad to hear. RIP
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sad at least now he won't be in any pain any longer. I just know that someone is going to make a love story about he and his wife. If there is a memoir about him I would definitely be a buyer for it. I feel so sad for his wife. She has known him since she was 15. My heart goes out to her.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, this was basically going to happen sooner or later from what we'd heard, so maybe this is for the better for him all in all. If you do feel pain, and I'm sure we all do, take heart by remembering Dalton's immortal words: Pain don't hurt. So let's remember the good times he gave us instead, when we did quite so have the time of our lives, and we owed it all to him.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man, I heard it here first !!! He was one of my faves of the 80's.
R.I.P.

Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R.I.P. Patrick.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sad...seemed like a very nice man. RIP.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is indeed sad, terrible news.

I shall be playing "She's Like the Wind" in tribute and see if I can watch "Dirty Dancing."

Rest In Peace, Patrick, mate! You are and also always will be sorely missed!

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just woke up and heard the sad news.
Although you knew that this was coming, it´s still a shock.
R.I.P. Patrick.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have lost some legends this year
R.I.P Patrick

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad news R.I.P Patrick and thanks for the great 80's films.
But think i will watch Point Break tonight.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're gonna watch Ghost tonight
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i felt so bad when i heard this on the news here last night!! love patrick and his movies but no more pain for him RIP !!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP and hope you catch the big wave......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R.I.P. So Sad to hear the news. I just wish the press would quit talking only of Dirty Dancing- he did alot of other good movies, and his last tv show, The Beast, was excellent. He was so much more than Dirty Dancing. Let's all remember him though, in the SNL skit with Chris Farley, as they tried out to be Chippendale's dancers! Now he'll get to see Farley again too.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
R.I.P. So Sad to hear the news. I just wish the press would quit talking only of Dirty Dancing- he did alot of other good movies, and his last tv show, The Beast, was excellent. He was so much more than Dirty Dancing. Let's all remember him though, in the SNL skit with Chris Farley, as they tried out to be Chippendale's dancers! Now he'll get to see Farley again too.

I loved that Chippendale's skit!!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love how many times they keep mentioning that he was an "unknown" actor languishing in forgotten supporting roles until Dirty Dancing "put him on the map". Whatever. Dirty Dancing may have solidified his star status, but it didn't establish him. I knew who he was long before that and I'm sure most everyone else did as well. His roles in Uncommon Valor, The Outsiders, Red Dawn, Youngblood, and North and South were hardly overlooked or "forgotten". Does anybody at the news networks bother to check their facts anymore? When Michael Jackson died I can't count how many media sources repeated the same false claim that he was the first black artist featured on MTV (just for the record Eddy Grant, Sylvester, The Bus Boys, Prince, and The Musical Youth all beat him to the punch).
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree journey patrick was a great actor loved him in all his movies not just dirty dancing!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I knew it was coming, but still so tough to swallow. I watch Pointbreak and Youngblood at lease once a year, always liked him a lot. In person, I've heard real nice things about him too. RIP.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
huuuuungryyyy eyyyyyyes....
"look! spaghetti arms!"

ahhh, love patrick swayze. i saw whoopi get choked up yesterday when she had to discuss that her FRIEND had passed away. she said she won her oscar because of him.
my brother and i text each other quotes from movies all the time (the funny ones) and ghost is one of our favorites to quote lines from.

the scenes with whoopi and patrick are the best...to me, more so that with him and demi.

"write it down,"
"he wants you to write it down."
"YOU write it down"
"i ain't no damn secretary!"
"JUST DO IT!"

RIP patrick, loved to watch you dance.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Waking Up In Reno too which was one of his newer movies.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Channel Nine had "Dirty Dancing" on last night as a Patrick Swayze tribute, so I watched it.

It was very good and I enjoyed it.

Fair dinkum, what happpened to him stinks! Why had it got to be him? He was a true gentleman who didn't deserve it at all! [Frown]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by journey:
I love how many times they keep mentioning that he was an "unknown" actor languishing in forgotten supporting roles until Dirty Dancing "put him on the map". Whatever. Dirty Dancing may have solidified his star status, but it didn't establish him. I knew who he was long before that and I'm sure most everyone else did as well. His roles in Uncommon Valor, The Outsiders, Red Dawn, Youngblood, and North and South were hardly overlooked or "forgotten". Does anybody at the news networks bother to check their facts anymore? When Michael Jackson died I can't count how many media sources repeated the same false claim that he was the first black artist featured on MTV (just for the record Eddy Grant, Sylvester, The Bus Boys, Prince, and The Musical Youth all beat him to the punch).

I would like to say something by way of reply. It is certainly true that Patrick was a star thanks to the films mentioned, but up until "Dirty Dancing," they were all (with the exception of "Red Dawn") support roles. It was as a result of his being cast in "Dirty Dancing" that he was established in leading man roles.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home