iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What is this thing called Twitter that everyone seems to be doing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is this thing called Twitter that everyone seems to be doing?
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody here use Twitter? I am contemplating it but have no idea how it works or what it is you actually do with it?

Any help would be welcomed...

Confused.noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's basically like Facebook Status Updates - you just post status messages and read other people's status messages
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't Twitter, but, like you Noms, I did contemplate it for awhile. But I spend too much time on Facebook as it is. I don't need anything else, lol.

I do know that a lot of stars "Twitter."

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Twitter I believe you're limited to 140 characters per post

Like Petty I'm way too addicted to Facebook at the moment

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esmagnus
Master Rewinder
Member # 8099

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for esmagnus   Author's Homepage   Email esmagnus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pretty much jumped from MySpace to Twitter. I never really caught on with Facebook. I have one but I rarely use it. Twitter is much simpler.
Posts: 171 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im in no way adverse to new technology, but I couldn't give two Sh!t$ about web profiles, dating profiles, facebook, myspace, twitter this, ****ter that!

Is cool to visit forums for like minded people with commom interests! But I don't need to hear the pointless minutiae of every Tom, **** and morons life! I don't know these people... why should I care?

You don't just walk up to strangers on the street and ask them their life story, do you?

Trust me Noms, you ain't missing anything!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
You don't just walk up to strangers on the street and ask them their life story, do you?

erm... yes?
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sam & petty i have a bone to pick with you both! you guys abandoned me on myspace lol!!! [Frown] ... [Wink]

what is it about facebook? i tried it...and was bored to death with it!

i like myspace because you can decorate your page and add music playlists, which i love to create.

i have a twitter account, and am following about 15 people. it bores me too. celebs like john mayer tweet every 10 - 15 minutes.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry Ronnie!! I didn't like FB at first either. I liked decorating my page on Myspace and the music, too. I have a Mixpod player on my Myspace page and I THINK you can upload (download?) it to FB as well but I haven't tried. Anyhoo, try it Ronnie!! I think you might like it. If you don't like it you can always go back to Myspace. I myself am addicted to those Know it All trivia quizzes on FB. I always knew I was full of tons of useless knowledge lol...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had both myspace and facebook and prefer facebook. I've found a ton of old high school and college friends via facebook. The thing that amazes me with facebook like the others are folks who get on their and bitch and groan about what all they have to do for the day and how hard life is, etc. If your really that up against it time wise shouldn't posting problems for the world to see be at the bottom of the list of things to do? The thing that gets me are the old college friends and high school friends who are now moms (sorry ladies) who constantly gripe and whine about how little Jimmy and the other 4 kids kept them up all night. Did they honestly think having 4 kids was gonna be a walk in the park and shouldn't have they thought about it before having 4 kids. Sorry to vent I just don't understand it.........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Motley. 90% of the posts on facebook and Myspace are people bitching and complaining about something. Is the world really that miserable?
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Im in no way adverse to new technology, but I couldn't give two Sh!t$ about web profiles, dating profiles, facebook, myspace, twitter this, ****ter that!

Is cool to visit forums for like minded people with commom interests! But I don't need to hear the pointless minutiae of every Tom, **** and morons life! I don't know these people... why should I care?

I'm with you.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

What gets me is the people whose status is "I'm eating a Kit Kat." Who cares??? [Roll Eyes]
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
What gets me is the people whose status is "I'm eating a Kit Kat." Who cares??? [Roll Eyes]

Nestle, probably...... [Razz]
esmagnus
Master Rewinder
Member # 8099

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for esmagnus   Author's Homepage   Email esmagnus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Whoa, I think you're taking this too seriously. These sites are for staying connected with people you care about. If you don't care about them, then don't follow them (Twitter) or be friends with them (Facebook/MySpace). Simple as that!
Posts: 171 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by P a u l:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by pettyfan:
What gets me is the people whose status is "I'm eating a Kit Kat." Who cares??? [Roll Eyes] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Nestle, probably...... [Razz]

Ha ha [Wink]
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by esmagnus:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by JAY LEE:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Whoa, I think you're taking this too seriously. These sites are for staying connected with people you care about. If you don't care about them, then don't follow them (Twitter) or be friends with them (Facebook/MySpace). Simple as that!

I have very few people I care about! And they are all on my phone, so just a text or call away. I've done away with peripheral acquaintances!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I like the concept of Facebook. Because of Facebook I've been able to reconnect with a bunch of people I knew in High School, college and relatives.

I see nothing wrong with that at all.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True story; someone once left me on facebook, and the bizarre thing is, to this day; I don't know who it was: I had 40 friends one minute, next thing I know its down to 39: did I offend him or her, did they just decide the whole facebook thing wasn't for them? We'll never know.

Social networks: Like a séance for the living.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Kash

I'm not into the whole facebook, twitter etc. Just a forum freak [Razz]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
I agree, it's fine for some people, I just don't get it! Plus, I doubt ANYONE I went to high school with, are in any hurry to catch up with me or what im doing! Half those people are probably still in therapy because of me!
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

quote:
I agree, it's fine for some people, I just don't get it! Plus, I doubt ANYONE I went to high school with, are in any hurry to catch up with me or what im doing! Half those people are probably still in therapy because of me!

If they're in therapy because of you then the best thing to do is befriend them on Facebook and laugh at them.
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Naaah... my bullying days are behind me!
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love facebook i have met alot of great people there and alot of them are from here and the fixx forum that i have been on since 2005 or so! i tried my space but did not like it and i am not interested in twitter at all ? like everything else there are good things and bad things about these places just like forums also? i don't post alot of personal stuff on my page though your right some things are really dumb i read them and think huh? why did that person post that? oh well all in fun i say!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home