iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » "new" versions of 90210 and MELROSE PLACE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "new" versions of 90210 and MELROSE PLACE
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one surprised theyw ent back to the well so soon with these? Has anyone seen either of 'em? Are they and GOOD???
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I contemplated watching the "new" 90210 but decided against it. I was never a Melrose Place watcher so the new one doesn't interest me.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could rarely sit through an episode of the originals...so there's no chance I'm ever watching the new ones.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
same here sorry to me just another soap opera at night !! never watched either of them myself
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only liked 90210 when they were in high school. It got too boring and soap opera-ish after they graduated. Besides the best parts were Brandon's "crusader" moments when he'd uncover steroid use on the track team, visit South Central to try and make peace with the homies, or organize a protest so Donna Martin could graduate. That was truly priceless. Melrose Place I never bothered with at all. There was also The Heights which only lasted for one season - maybe they'll try reviving that next.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing that always bugged me about 90210 was I totally couldnt relate to those people! "we're rich, money is no object, Daddy bought me a new car, wahh wahh wahh". Its like yeah, right. Whatever.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$hit shows rebooted into new $hit shows..... seriously, what's the point?!

Meanwhile... they cancelled great shows like Freaks And Geeks, Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip and Swingtown, which is now showing here, and I enjoy very much. But was cancelled in the US long time ago!

Seriously Americans [Mad] Stop watching all that reality and song contest garbage, and watch the good shows instead [Razz] They only cancel them cuz their Nielsen ratings are low, or whatever it is you use as ratingsmeter over there!

So you pretty much decide what we watch over here as well [Smile]

Yes, we have our own shows, but they are mostly crap!

[ 28. July 2009, 10:09: Message edited by: JAY LEE ]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JayLee, I loved Freaks and Geeks and Swingtown. I was so disappointed when they were cancelled. Another show Iloved that was on NBC was The Black Donnellys- they never even finished the first season, so now I'm going to have to break down and rent it so I can at least see how they ended it. The stupid studios over here only like those silly azz shows like you mentioned- singing and dancing and other reality crap! I watch mostly cable series now, like Rescue Me, Saving Grace, Burn Notice, In Plain Sight. Anything with an edge to it is definitely not going to make it on the mainstream network channels here in the U.S. I'll stick with cable for now, until they can somehow make improvements to their crappy lineups on network tv.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, BTW, I watched about 5-10 minutes of the "new" 90210 back in the fall, and it was so bad I nearly fell asleep. The original wasn't all that great either. Has the new Melrose place aired yet? I don't pay any attention to what is on the CW anymore.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to admit that i watched Melrose Place back in the day [Wink]

I even watched Beverly Hills, 90210 for about first and second seasons.
1990, time really does fly...

But i´m never going to watch those new series!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the original 90210 is one of my favorite shows ever. it got weaker after they graduated college but i still loyally watched it til the end. i even contemplated writing my own "final episode" since the one they aired was crap.

i knew the new show would suck, and it pretty much does. i watch it if i remember it's on. i like when they have the originals on, but they aren't on enough to get me interested in this show.

don't care about melrose place.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many Shadow Watchers of 90210 back in the 90s, by that I mean people who loved it but didn't admit it. I was one of them, it had such a good time slot too; sandwiched between Baywatch & The Generation Game. I wasted that decade.

Shannen Doherty: love to hate her, she made the show IMO. And what about Luke Perry? 33 and still in high school: Loser. Perry's not a bad actor if truth be told, watch the movie 'Riot'.

Studio 60 & The Sarah Conner Chronicles were great shows, definitely worth having. All the good shows get axed too soon.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am just waiting for sept. when the new house and fringe shows start up again i do watch grey's anatomy now and hell's kitchen and repeats of house and supernatural the rest is crap on t.v. so sick of the reality shows i don't watch any of them but it seems every week a new one is on here?
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
JayLee, I loved Freaks and Geeks and Swingtown. I was so disappointed when they were cancelled. Another show Iloved that was on NBC was The Black Donnellys- they never even finished the first season, so now I'm going to have to break down and rent it so I can at least see how they ended it. The stupid studios over here only like those silly azz shows like you mentioned- singing and dancing and other reality crap! I watch mostly cable series now, like Rescue Me, Saving Grace, Burn Notice, In Plain Sight. Anything with an edge to it is definitely not going to make it on the mainstream network channels here in the U.S. I'll stick with cable for now, until they can somehow make improvements to their crappy lineups on network tv.

Yeah, they are/were good shows! I can barely remember Freaks And Geeks anymore. But Swingtown is showing on sunday nights now, and for a network show, it's pretty damn good. Although I agree that the Cable shows are way ahead of the network shows in terms of material, edge, quality, acting etc. We get alot of those too!

Im curently watching THE WIRE, WEEDS, and SONS OF ANARCHY is breaking for the summer right now, but they better bring it back, or i'll burn their offices down, in outlaw biker style!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

JayLee, don't worry- Sons of Anarchy Season 2 starts here in the U.S. on Sept. 8th! I can't wait for it either. I also have watched Weeds- it's great. I was renting it through Netflix and got up to Season 3.
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And starting next week Monk coasts to what will hopefully be a great conclusion to what is in my book the best show on TV at the moment--and we'll have Sharona back for an episode as well.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's hardly anything worth watching right now. I have Burn Notice and that's about it. I've about given up on Entourage and In Plain Sight and HBO's new series Hung is still iffy for me - I'm still waiting for that to catch fire. New seasons of Psych and Mad Men start next month, so I'm really looking forward to that.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i started watching grey's anatomy a few weeks ago and like it last night's episode was a repeat of course but it was a good one!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home