iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Harry Potter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Harry Potter
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' The sixth installment of the Harry Potter series will be in theaters this summer.

Was just curious if anybody here is a fan of the movies or more importantly the books.

Personally I've only seen the first three movies to date. Thought they were just OK but I know eventually I'll watch them all.

I do however love the books. Back in 2007 I finally decided that I'd give the first book a chance to see what all the fuss was about. Loved it so much that I ended up reading the entire seven book series in about a month's time. Felt that there was enough magic and fantasy to please the kids and just enough humour and social and political issues to satisfy adults.

As a matter of fact I just started reading the first book again today and plan on reading all seven all over. Pretty sure it will take me longer this time but I know I'll enjoy reading them all over again and hope to pick up on things I missed the first time around.

Rowling is truly a genius and her books will be popular for many many years IMHO.

Anybody else a fan of Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Dumbeldore, Snape etc......?

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed reading the books, and comparing the movies to them. But like you Sam I am a much bigger fan of the books.

I have only read each one once, but finished the final book in one day. I am looking forward to sharing them with my daughter one day!

Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love love love the books....have read them all and they are truly my favorite. For a number of years was going through a reading slump...wasn't able to focus or sit still long enough to read a book...Harry Potter brought me out of it. Each time I got the new book, I literally couldn't put it down. Also a big fan of the movies. Hope Rowling loses her billions in the stock market, then has to write about Harry and the gang in their adulthood....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kevdug...love the idea!! Not that i wish anyone to lose money...but that would be great to have her write more books about them.
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well she is planning on doing an official guide to the whole series some point down the line; may be a decade or so, though.

Yes, large fan here as well. Much like above, it reaffirmed my belief in the world of literature. It too found myself unable to stop reading each entry until I was finished (could they really be magic, then?); my record actually being for the last one, finished in 8 hours, 45 minutes.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the books and watch the films because of that despite the films not doing the books justice (they miss too much out).

I just read Tunnels by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams. It's one of three I think. I read it in a few days and went straight on Amazon to order the next installment.....if you like Harry Potter, I reckon you will rate this series too.

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home