iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Reality TV

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Reality TV
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a huge fan of reality tv and I absolutely despised it in the beginning (when it first became so popular).. but seeing as how our primetime television is filled with it..

I watch America's Next Top Model, American Idol..and... I watched season 2 of Rock of Love (embarassed to say).

Just wondering what reality shows the rewinders are watching these days?

[Cool] [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Confused] [Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NowhereGirl,

American Idol, Hells Kitchen, the nightly news... [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Apprentice".

I'm not sure if I would consider "American Idol" or "Dancing With The Stars" --- or any other competition-type of show --- as a "reality" show.

If that were the case, then perhaps would the old "Star Search" from the 80's was a "reality" show too?

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a Survivor geek and I also watch The Amazing Race
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch some of the VH1 ones like CELEB FIT CLUB and CELEB REHAB. The funny thing is Im sure most people watch it like a trainwreck...but when I watch them I DO actually find myself eating less, working out more and drinking less!!!!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Celebrity Rehab. I am also an Idol, DWTS, Biggest Loser, and Hell's Kitchen addict. Those are pretty much the only shows that I watch anymore. The only sitcom type shows that I watch are The Office and Misguided (which I hope gets renewed).
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by StevenHW:

I'm not sure if I would consider "American Idol" or "Dancing With The Stars" --- or any other competition-type of show --- as a "reality" show.

If that were the case, then perhaps would the old "Star Search" from the 80's was a "reality" show too?

i see your point.. idol is more of a competition.. just like.. the apprentice in a sense. [Big Grin] [Wink]

i forgot about celebrity rehab! i watched that one as well.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch Britain's and America's next top model, Big Brother UK and USA, American Idol and I'm a celebrity, get me out of here.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Idol and Celebrity Fit Club. I am so, so embarrassed to say that I used to love The Simple Life with Paris and Nicole. (hiding face in shame) [Eek!]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big Brother UK starts soon so there's my life over for the next couple of months hehe [Razz]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always hated reality tv too. I saw clips of the Celebrity Fit Boot Camp-the one that might be going on now with Erin Moran-I never watched the show....just saw her freaking out, and doing all kinds of insane stuff...and it really made me feel bad...because it's like everyone has lost their mind or something, and it is depressing to watch it happening.

I see previews for Hell's Kitchen and I think...man get a grip...it's some chicken...I mean if you have to scream in someone's face over some pasta preparation gone bad-then that's craziness.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I see previews for Hell's Kitchen and I think...man get a grip...it's some chicken...I mean if you have to scream in someone's face over some pasta preparation gone bad-then that's craziness.

hahahaha... it's so true... hahaha... might as well be in the army... [Razz]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
[snip]...I see previews for "Hell's Kitchen" and I think...man get a grip...it's some chicken...I mean if you have to scream in someone's face over some pasta preparation gone bad, then that's craziness.

That's why it's called "HELL'S Kitchen"! [Smile]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does that make that guy the Devil?

I do get the title...I guess they have to live up to that title every week.

But, what I think is crazy about yelling in someone's face about food...is...everyone has different tastes, and what one person might think is delicious...someone else might want to throw up at the thought of eating it...so who is that guy to say what tastes good.

There motto should be:

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."
[Big Grin]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I truly despise Reality TV. (or "illiterate TV" as Amanda Peet's character called it on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip) The only reality shows I have watched and enjoyed were the first few seasons of The Surreal Life and The Two Coreys, and I only watched them because of their 1980s celebrity connections. Even these shows annoyed me at times...
Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lurve reality tv! Australian Idol, American Idol, Next Top Model (Australia and America), Big Brother Australia, Survivor, Amazing Race, Australian Biggest Loser...

I've also been known to partake in some of the lesser fare, such as Joe Schmo, I thought that was a clever and quite evil idea!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man VS. Wild, Survivor Man, The Deadliest Catch are all great on The Discovery Channel. Ghosthunters is another on SCi-Fi.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man vs. Wild and Survivor Man rules I could watch them both for days........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bear Grylls is one sick puppy. He has stones of steel to do what he does. I watch the re-runs over and over myself.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I saw this episode once where he needed water and came upon a pile of elephant dung.

To be continued ugh..........

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
That was good. How about when he drank his own urine?
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
2 people have been removed from the uk Big Brother in just the first 3 weeks of the show. One for threatening comments and another for spitting in somebody elses face.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
2 people have been removed from the uk Big Brother in just the first 3 weeks of the show. One for threatening comments and another for spitting in somebody elses face.

Funny, you'd think those are the type of people they were looking for...  -

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home