iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » That Metal Show

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: That Metal Show
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else watch this on VH-1 Classics? I've saw episodes here and there. The episodes I saw had Geoff Tate, Duff McKagan, Geddy Lee, Dee Snider, Lemmy, and several others on there. I didn't realize how intelligent Duff McKagan was. Apparently in the 90s he went back to college, got a finance degree, and is now writing a financial column for Playboy...........

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/duff-mckagan-restarts-loaded-says-u-s-economy-1003958810.story

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duff was always misleading, he sounded so wasted in the GnR interviews that it was assumed there wasn't much upstairs. Found out later he was in some early 80's seattle punk bands and thus had a Kurt Cobain connection.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not know that! I've never watched That Metal Show, though I have seen previews of it.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's worth a watch. I think new episodes are Saturdays 11pm eastern time. Here's a link to some show clips...........

http://www.vh1classic.com/browse/video/109196/That_Metal_Show/index.jhtml

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of it....will check it out though, after all...it's about metal!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Those 3 hosts live, eat, breathe, sleep metal. They are walking encyclopedias of metal knowledge.....
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to watch the metal shows back in the 80s on Mtv. I think I've seen a couple of these episodes as well... Aren't the hosts young guys?
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do watch this show, but the hosts are kinda lame....Eddie Trunk is ok, but the show just seems a little dry, and unoriginal. I do like the special guests...Rush, Extreme, Geoff Tate, etc.
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

The shows fairly new jdoc. The special guests are the best thing about it........
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get VH1Classics with my generic Cable package. I will watch these vids on my computer when I get a chance. I was surprised to hear that Duff is so intelligent and scholarly,ha,ha! He was always wasted on tv in his early years, along with Slash.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home