iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Mass shooting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mass shooting
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you guys seen the mass shooting in New York?

I just heard a little bit about it. I haven't watched much about it yet.

It is awful.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read an article today that suggested there are so many mass shootings in April because it's tax time.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes it was in binghamton which is probably almost a hour away from where i live out in the boonies so to speak. pretty sad what i can't figure out is why these people can't just take their own lives and not other people with them? so terrible they also said that he never said a word thru the whole thing pretty scary stuff!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend said another one just happened in Pittsburgh today, I haven't heard about it yet. She said several police officers were shot.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I did hear that the one in Binghampton- the secretary was shot first, and she pretended she was dead, and then she called 911 from under an office desk.
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes isis the second one was in pittsburgh and 3 police officers were killed not sure how many were injured i just heard about this one this morning on the news so sad!! people are just going crazy it seems!! but they are saying more about the first one i think his name was wong either chinese or japanese? and his father worked with the center where he went shooting? he also recently lost his job and was very depressed!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
There was another shooting in Graham Wa, where a father murdered 5 of his children.

In the Pittsburgh shooting the man that did it was afraid Obama was going to take away his guns.

I wonder why? Why was that man ever allowed to possess a gun in the first place, he had a long history of instablity...that's what is ridiculous.

The man that killed his children, he had a history of abuse, and the neighbors had called children and youth services over the treatment of those kids- those kids should have been removed from that home.

It is just a shame how things that can be prevented, never are, because nobody does anything.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tragic situation. My heart goes out to all those involved. How far away were you from this pittsburghgirl?
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
There was another horrible killing a few days ago, where a man killed his 2 sisters- he decapitated his 5 year old sister- it happened in Massachusetts. He was going to kill his 3rd sister, when the police shot and killed him.
That was with a knife.

People are falling off the deep end.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty depressing news of late. I just can't believe the scope of savagery in these crimes.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just heard about the Pittsburgh shootings on Sat. evening. We were at our camp in Erie when all of this went down, and unfortuneately don't have cable or dishtv, so I couldn't find out anything. Even on the radio- nothing. The area where the shootings happened was in the city- I am about 30 minutes away from the city. All I know is that the shooter was an ex-Marine and he was afraid of the govt. taking away his 2nd amendment rights. This man was obviously mentally unstable to begin with. There are many men returning from Iraq and Afghanistan who have post traumatic stress, but not much is being done to help them. I feel badly for the Police officers' families. There is going to be a public memorial for them at the Peterson Events Center at Pitt (it is where the Pitt basketball teams plays). They are also going to lie in state for the next 3 days at the City-County Building.
Posts: 2290 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home