iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Name That Tune (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Name That Tune
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure you can Ronnie. All the songs you listed are correct!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Burning Heart-Survivor
4. Sounds like Chicago. Maybe their song Hard To say I'm Sorry
8. ??
10. No Easy Way Out By Robert Tepper
13.?
14.?

My add on to Ronnie's list.

Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish the speakers for my PC were working
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good job EJ.. burning heart - duh. i totally spaced that one.

i think i figured out #14, 80srocked.
loved by the sun - tangerine dream...from LEGEND??

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I can place #4 it's right there, it's very montagish.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#4...arrrg.. i was thinking, against all odds or she's like the wind... don't know think those are right. i can't place it!

#8 is a toughie too!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

just listened some more..i think #8 is from the lost boys - cry little sister.
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I've waited long enough to chime in...

I think #4 is Arthur's Theme - Christopher Cross

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#13 Fame - Irene Cara ?
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent job everyone. Sam, I figured there had to be a reason you were not getting involved here....that stinks about your speakers. kev, I was wondering when you would chime in for 4 and 13. That completes the list:

1. Survivor - Burning Heart
2. Peter Cetera - Glory of Love
3. John Parr - Man in Motion
4. Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme
5. Bananarama - Cruel Summer
6. Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
7. Real Life - Send me an Angel
8. Sisters of Mercy - Cry Little Sister
9. Pat Benetar - Invincible
10. Robert Tepper - No Easy Way Out
11. Jackson Browne - Somebody's Baby
12. Huey Lewis & the News - Power of Love
13. Irene Cara - Fame
14. Tangerine Dream - Loved By the Sun
15. Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Be ready for something new tomorrow!

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Here's the next game. A little different this time:

80's Power Ballads

Enjoy!

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 3rd one is definitely the GO GO's... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Not my strong suit, so I'm chiming in early to name the very few that I know:

#3 disagree with jdoc...definitely Culture Club!
#8 I think it's a Heart song
#11 Wanted Dead Or Alive - Bon Jovi
#12 Sister Christian - Night Ranger
#13 The Price - Twisted Sister

* Unlikely I can name any more...usually I know the song and keep re-playing the track until I finally remember...sadly...re-play for hours (Dang it 80's!). The rest is up to you guys.

*Thanks again 80's for doing this

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I knew this would be alot harder for some of you. I did use songs that I thought were pretty well known even for the non metal listeners.

Numbers 11, 12 , and 13 are correct kevdug! Don't give up!

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Thanks 80's. I figured most will know #3, so we'll leave that one for the ones who are really musically challenged....a good one for them to get and feel good about themselves! I've decided that # 8 is not Heart...but I know it, but don't. I may have a stab at # 8 if I keep trying, but other than that...I think I'm outta luck on this one. Cheers! * I've noted with most of your song choices, that they are typically pre 1985...which is what I love. I don't even consider most songs past 1986 to even be from the 80's...at least I pretend they're not...with a few exceptions of course.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of them is "Carrie" from Europe...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
One of them is "Carrie" from Europe...

Correct jdocster! That would be number 6. Only 11 more to go.

Where are you Ronnie? The only excuse I will accept is that you are giving birth. [Wink]

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

ok i'm here,...
i'm not too good with monster ballads, myself.

but here's what i could make out:

1. ?
2. def leppard - bringing on the heartbreak
3. whitesnake - here i go again
4. ?
5. cinderella - nobody's fool
6. ?
7. dokken - alone again (i'm not sure on this one)
8. ?
9. ?
10. ?

good job kev, on 11, 12 & 13

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

oh wait.. towards the end there, i heard scorpions - still loving you. is that #14 or #15..?
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Good goin' jdoc and Ronnie....anybody else? Need help so 80's will give us more....
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ronnie, you kicked a$$ on those! All are correct. Still Loving You is #14 for the record.

We still need numbers 1, 4, 8, 9 , 10, and 15.

I'll start giving hints soon

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Hmmmm...is #8 Dream On by Aerosmith?
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
Hmmmm...is #8 Dream On by Aerosmith?

Good guess, but sorry....no.

Hint....the band's name on #8 is also the name of a cereal.

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
#1 18 and Life - Skid Row
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
#4 Poison - Alice Cooper....Ummmmm....my wife came home from work......
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home