iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » License to Drive

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: License to Drive
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight, I took my friend's 16 year old son out for driving lessons. She's afraid to go with him.

She's a single mom. His uncle has taken him some, so he has driven before tonight. He did awesome, except on turns at lights, we almost hit a car head on at a light, but he pulled us out of it. The car was stopped, and he took the turn too wide-thankfully- they were back behind the line, and we had room to move.

My son is almost 16 and I can't even believe it.

My husband took him last week, and let him drive around in a parking lot. He doesn't even have his permit yet.

It was very nostalgic taking my friend's son, because I was thinking about when I learned to drive....one of my best friend's who was a guy- he taught me to drive- an automatic. Later on, I had a few boyfriends who taught me to drive a stick shift- but I never liked driving a stick shift.

I remember when my boyfriend (at the time), he traded a Bronco II in for a Chevy Beretta- I remember it was 1987, and he got a 1988 Beretta when they first came out- they were sharp... it was burgundy, and I remember he drove it down to where I was going to Travel School...on the weekend, and he picked me up in it, when I was coming out of the building with my friends. It was so cool.

He let me drive it.

I use to love cruising around town on the weekend with my friends.

I think I am about due for a mid-life Crisis. My husband turned 43, my kid is going to be driving soon, and I am still stuck in the 80s.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think every year past 25 you feel old. It's just natural. My baby sister is getting ready to graduate from college soon. I think most people have mid-life crises because they are so emersed in career and family that it takes until you're in your 40's or 50's until you get a few seconds just to breath. Until then there isn't much time for reflection. Then that "where did all the time go" feeling hits you hard. Besides being a kid in the modern world is just way more fun. Adulthood demands a greater degree of patience and sufferability. But you find little moments here and there when you really get to live. I went down to the beach today and found myself there all alone. There wasn't a person in sight. It was like I was the guy in The Quiet Earth.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home