iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Patrick Swayze Has Cancer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Patrick Swayze Has Cancer
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://omg.yahoo.com/swayze-treated-for-pancreatic-cancer/news/7216

Although I was not personally a fan of Dirty Dancing, I did enjoy The Outsiders, Roadhouse, and several other movies of his. Still sad regardless........

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's another article, from USA Today:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2008-03-05-swayze-cancer_N.htm

I'm not of fan of his, but I wish him well.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. That really sucks. It's one of the worst kinds of cancer.

Bummed... [Frown]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way man !!! I hope he battles his way through it. Swayze rules!!!
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed hewzy.Hope he get better soon.watched swayze for the first time in Steel Dawn 87.(theres a movie i would like to see on rewind),and have later seen all his work.wish him all the best..
Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been a crazy year for famous people with deaths, cancers, and such. I was really shocked by this. When you see someone that physically takes care of themselves, it is hard to see that they could be suspetible to such diseases. You just never know about life.

I have seen Dirty Dancing twice this weekend and loved watching him again. My heart goes out to he and his wife.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chantelle Pride
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6682

- posted      Profile for Chantelle Pride   Email Chantelle Pride   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard it on the news
I hope he gets well soon

Posts: 17 | From: west notts college | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you Jessie.It has been a strange year so far.On this side,we have also had several iconic actors past away(Norway)people a big part of my youth.It`s very sad..Hope Swayze makes it though..
Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From his site:

Patrick Swayze has been battling deadly pancreatic cancer but he tells GLOBE in a world exclusive interview:"My treatments are working and I'm winning the battle".

The article continues: "..... he says he's packing on the pounds and feeling great. In fact, the only pain he is experiencing is from having a tooth puilled by a dentist."

Then Patrick tells the Globe he and Lisa are eating healthy: "We're juicing every day, along with my other treatments" he tells GLOBE. "And all I can say is - it's working". Meanwhile, Swayze is filled with hope. "I'm in great condition...I'm a cowboy. I'm a dancer. I'll beat this".

[ 24. June 2008, 08:35: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another victim of that awful disease. Hopefully a cure will be found in our lifetime.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home