iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Happy St. Patty's Day!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy St. Patty's Day!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to say it, before tomorrow- even though I am not really sure what any of it is even about. I just like holidays, no matter if I understand them or not.

Last night we had a party here for my husband, today is his 43 birthday.

I cooked dinner, and for dessert I made a Pistachio Cake, and I made St. Patty sundaes- with Mint Chocolate chip ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream and Andes Candies- they were good.

I have to show you guys this card my friend gave him...it looks just like our dog-Jasper:

-

On the inside it said " This is your brain on cake".

I loved it.

He got Gift cards for Blockbusters and at a Pizza Place- so we are going to get "Quantum of Solace" on Blu-Ray and have a Pizza Party in 2 weeks... I don't care if I see the movie, so some of my friends are going to help with some things I have to do with the Easter Egg Hunt, and we'll get in the hot tub. But, I thought that would be alot of fun. My one friend gave my husband - lottery tickets, and he won $30.

I hope everyone has a nice day tomorrow for St. Patty's Day. Does anyone do anything? Like eat Corned Beef and Cabbage, do you wear green?

I am wearing shamrock earrings right now.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone like Shamrock Shakes at McDonalds?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love the shamrock shake. i look forward to those every year. i haven't had one yet this time, because i am addicted to chocolate shakes (cravings). i'll decide between the shamrock shake or the mint oreo blizzard from DQ as to what treat i'll be having tomorrow. [Smile]

i don't have anything green that i can even wear tomorrow.

i didn't know much about st. patty's day traditions other than the green clothing or green beer. i just found out about the corned beef and cabbage.

i know there are a lot of people that celebrate this holiday..including the guys i work with.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I might watch "About Last Night" tomorrow night, because they do a big St. Patty's party in it.

I think the name of the bar- is an Irish name- they call it Mothers, don't they? Maybe Maloney?

[ 16. March 2009, 18:15: Message edited by: ISIS ]

buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi isis glad your hubby had a great birthday!! cute card lol!!! happy st. patrick's day everyone!! hubby went to work wearing the shirt i bought him from old navy and a dr. suess green and white striped hat with shamrocks on it lol they are having a little party at work everyone is taking food in i sent him in with spinach bread . tonight we are just going out for a few green beers and corned beef and cabbage! have a great holiday everyone!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a huge St. Patty's parade here Sunday, drinking in the streets, it's our closest thing to Mardi Gras I guess. Can't wait.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy St Patrick's day everyone!!!

Corned Beef and Cabbage!?! [Confused]

Over here, it's Boiled bacon and Cabbage:

-

-

One of these days I'm going to cross the Atlantic and celebrate it in Boston or New York. Those parade's look amazing.

Isis,

It's "Mother Malone's"

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
i love the shamrock shake. i look forward to those every year. i haven't had one yet this time, because i am addicted to chocolate shakes (cravings). i'll decide between the shamrock shake or the mint oreo blizzard from DQ as to what treat i'll be having tomorrow. [Smile]

i don't have anything green that i can even wear tomorrow.

i didn't know much about st. patty's day traditions other than the green clothing or green beer. i just found out about the corned beef and cabbage.

i know there are a lot of people that celebrate this holiday..including the guys i work with.

I like the shamrock shakes too!

Corned beef and cabbage is an American creation. The Irish don't eat it on St Patrick's day.

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
There is a huge St. Patty's parade here Sunday, drinking in the streets, it's our closest thing to Mardi Gras I guess. Can't wait.

It's big here in Kansas City too... We have several parades... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tried getting a shamrock shake twice yesterday. yep... TWICE. and 2 different mcd's weren't able to make shakes. how dare they do this to a pregnant woman. j/k [Big Grin]

i swear it's hit or miss with trying to get shakes from that place!

my boss had me calling around to local ma and pa places to see who was serving corned beef and cabbage. he wanted to take us for lunch, but no luck.

so, what do the irish eat?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
tried getting a shamrock shake twice yesterday. yep... TWICE. and 2 different mcd's weren't able to make shakes. j/k [Big Grin]

I'm with you Ronnie! I have never had one of these and they are not available in any McDonald's in my area! All I keep hearing about are how good they are and I am dying to try one. This stinks! [Mad] [Frown]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
Corned beef and cabbage is an American creation.

You'll never find either on my table....  -
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every single year I think to myself..."It'd be fun to go to a pub in the middle of the week and have some beers for St Patty's Day". And every year ...it never happens. Hmmmm....maybe next year for sure!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
80sRocked-You can make your own Shamrock Shake, it's just vanilla ice cream, mint extract and green food coloring.

I thought about getting one today...but we didn't. We were out walking at the park, and thinking about it, but since we still have left over Mint Ice cream from the party-we'll make our own sundaes again tonight, while we watch American Idol.

I took my son to the orthodontist today, and they gave us a little Leprechaun novelty thing, and they were all wearing green beads.

I have on a green shirt.

Has anyone seen the movie Leprechaun? That would be a good one to watch.

Those thinks are creepy- except the guy on the box of Lucky Charms.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home