iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Foods you miss they don;t make anymore (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Foods you miss they don;t make anymore
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking of and craving Planters cheese balls today........funny how something sparks your memory of a food you may not have even had in 10 years.

I found out they are discontinued but i also found a cool website with lots of hard to find foods and candies........they even have an 80's candy section.

you guys got any favorite packaged, processed,grocery foods you miss or crave?

http://www.hometownfavorites.com/

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 2 places I get candy from:

www.groovycandies.com

and

www.blaircandy.com

The Blair Candy Outlet-I have been there-it's awesome.

I miss:

Betcha Life Candy Bars

Marathon Candy Bars

Bravos

Koogle

Funny Face drink mix

Grape Tang

C.W. Post Cereal

Crispy Critter Cereal

Freakies (Cereal)

McDonald's Special Sauce (they use to bottle it)

Wacky Wafers

Tiny Tarts

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also Miss:

sour balls

Jolly Rancher Watermelon and apple sticks

Royals (they were a type of M & M)

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they don't make the cheeseballs anymore?? i totally forgot about those until you mentioned them, muffy. how sad.

i have searched for years to find the yummy suckers called SQUARE SHOOTERS. [Frown]

they were square shaped, (of course), and had the most awesome flavors. i would take those anyday over any lollipop!

i don't see them for sale online and hardly anyone remembers them?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, Planter's doesn't make cheese balls anymore, Ronnie. [Frown] I used to love them. I buy Kroger brand cheese balls...they're not as good but okay. I miss Nabisco Twigs crackers--can any of ya'll still find them in your area? They were sesame and cheese flavored. I miss Bar None candy bars too and Mars bars. I also miss Opera Creams cookies. They were SOOO good. I go to the Hometown Favorites website also. It's got a good selection.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so funny that you mentioned Planters cheese balls. I too found myself craving those about a month ago and searched high and low trying to find them. Once I discovered that they had been discontinued I ended up buying the only alternative that I could find which is this massive barrel of Utz cheese balls at Sam's Club. Needless to say it was serious overkill considering that I really only wanted a bowl or two.

Some other things I really miss:

- Gatorade Gum

- Burger King's old Big Fish sandwich from about 15 years ago (the new one is nauseating)

- Bennigan's old club sandwich (again, not too thrilled with the new one)

- Hagen Daz's vanilla ice cream with peanut butter and chocolate chunk swirl (they occassionally resurrect it as one of their "limited edition" flavors now and then)

[ 12. March 2009, 15:01: Message edited by: journey ]

Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before I became a health nut, I used to love Chocodiles, but they don't make them over here(east coast)anymore. I would have to but them online....I think they came from Washington State and California. Cost me alot of money those darn things!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flintstones Fruity Peebles cereal was good. Petty...they still sell Mars bars here in Canada...but not sure if it's the same one you're thinking of. There's a place in Halifax, Nova Scotia (Canada) called The Lunchbox...they sell all kinds of vintage candy that you don't see too much anymore.....the treasure chest full of bone candy, gold rush gum (little yellow nuggets in a sack), bottle caps, fun dip, etc......
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are those Planters cheese balls anything like the Cheese and Bacon balls we have here (which I'm eating right now!)

-

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nestlé's black currant flavor ice tea..... the best liquid i've ever had.... and then they just yanked it off the market, cuz no one (outside of me, apparantly) liked it here in Denmark..... thanks Danes.... Go f**k yourselves!

[ 15. March 2009, 10:23: Message edited by: JAY LEE ]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
journey, I was in Dollar Tree last week and saw some cheese balls in a smallish bag there. I don't know what brand they were. I didn't try them, but I did buy a bag of Herr's hot cheese curls- omg- if you like spicy hot stuff they are totally addicting.
JayLee, that iced tea sounds good- I really hate it when they discontinue stuff without notice.

There was a product that I used to like called Saran disposable "cutting boards". They were plastic and great for when I was cutting up chicken or pork, and you just threw them away after. No worries about e coli or salmonella on your cutting board. They don't have them around here anymore.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the 80's in England for a short time there was a fuit soft drink called Quattro used to love the stuff,think it was made by coca cola but got dropped.
Also the breakfast sausages in the states are great shame you can't get any like them over here.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
chocolate mentos & lemon polos
Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ISIS:

Marathon Candy Bars

If they were made my Cadburys there now called Snickers

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mine isn't a complaint about foods they don't make anymore. My complaint is about foods I miss eating now that I've been dieting.

Mainly PIZZA

But overall it's been a good tradeoff since in a little over two months I've lost close to 40 pounds. For a couple weeks I seemed to have hit a plateau where I wasn't losing anything but now it seems I've caught a second wind and the weight is starrting to come off again.

Some clothes are getting a little baggy on me and others I'm able to wear again.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news Sam taking off the pounds! I find it real tough to lose fat the older I'm getting.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a lot of fat to lose and still have a lot to lose.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sammy Hain Invasion:
mine isn't a complaint about foods they don't make anymore. My complaint is about foods I miss eating now that I've been dieting.

Mainly PIZZA

But overall it's been a good tradeoff since in a little over two months I've lost close to 40 pounds. For a couple weeks I seemed to have hit a plateau where I wasn't losing anything but now it seems I've caught a second wind and the weight is starrting to come off again.

Some clothes are getting a little baggy on me and others I'm able to wear again.

That's great Sam....40 pounds in 2 months is awesome! That's how it goes with losing weight. The body adjusts and then you hit a wall for a while. Same goes with weightlifting and gaining muscle. You have to mix up your routine/training/exercise patterns every few weeks to shock your system back on track. Keep up the good work!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Marathon Candy Bars went out of production in 1980. It was caramel -that was twisted like a braid, and covered in chocolate.

I can't find sourballs anywhere...my Dad use to buy them in the Brach's Mix stuff, I loved them...my brother says they still make them, but I haven't seen them anywhere.

I miss Pepsi in a glass bottle, the big tall ones- I just think pop tastes better in glass.
I hate the taste of pop in a plastic bottle.

We get IBC Root Beer at Sam's Club in glass bottles-I love it.

I also love Goya's Strawberry Soda. Strawberry Pop is my favorite. I love Cherry 7-Up and Squirt- thankfully they are still around.

There was a Beverage place in my hometown, that we rode our bikes to and they had 10 cent pop in a bottle, and it wasn't a brand I even knew-I think it was a local brand, it was pina coloda flavored...I loved it.

My brother use to make a drink he calls a "suicide"....when we use to rent pop tanks for when we had picnics with the firehall- he use to mix every flavor of pop together and drink it. It was so gross, he says sometimes he misses that.

journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I miss Pepsi in a glass bottle, the big tall ones- I just think pop tastes better in glass.
I hate the taste of pop in a plastic bottle.

We get IBC Root Beer at Sam's Club in glass bottles-I love it.

You're so right about soda in a glass bottle...it's just better. Btw, have you ever tried Henry Weinhardt's root beer? I think it blows away IBC, personally. I also have to eat at an A&W occassionally just to get the fresh draft root beer in a chilled mug. Every few months I get a hankering for that.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what about cherry clans? those little red candies that were really sour when you first put them in your mouth.. they were part of the lemon heads family believe. there were even apple and grape flavors.

-

i actually get pepsi bottles every so often. there's a place we eat at outdoors that sell pepsi bottles. i get one for me and my daughter.

[ 19. March 2009, 12:22: Message edited by: Ronnie ]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right about Coke (ewww Pepsi) tasting different in glass bottles. It's better out of a glass bottle than a plastic one, but I like it best out of an icy cold can.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss Coke or Pepsi in the bottle made with real sugar.

- j

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I never heard of Cherry Clan.

I never heard of that brand of root beer either.

When I was a kid I liked Cream Soda- and now I don't think I'd ever drink that. I remember drinking Birch Beer too, and I have no desire to drink it now.

There are foods that I can remember eating as a kid, and I never think about eating them now.

My mom use to make us eat Cream of Wheat for breakfast, she use to always make us Cocoa and Toast- she use to make us these little mini pepperoni pizzas for lunch, they were my favorite thing. We use to eat elbow macaroni with just salt and butter on it- and I hardly ever eat that now- but it use to be my favorite thing.

I use to love peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches, and peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

The only thing I still eat that reminds me of when I was a kid, is eating Campbell's soup and toasted cheese sandwiches, and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.

The way I cook now is different from when I was a kid, but since my mom lives with us...she still will cook alot of the foods I grew up eating.

I remember that we sat down to dinner every night. Most of my friends did that too.

I can remember certain foods I had at different friends houses.

I remember going to my friend Kasey's house- and having Lipton Cup of Soup.

I remember when I went to my friend Lisa's house in the 4th grade- we made sloppy joes and ate Swiss Miss Chocolate Pudding - and I thought that was the best thing on the planet.

I remember that I loved Snak Pak pudding- banana was my favorite. I never eat that stuff now- and they still make it.

One thing I miss, are these Banana Popsicles that were like a Banana pudding that was frozen.

I also miss this Ice Cream that was Red, White and Blue and had little white stars in it, we use to smush our ice cream with a spoon, and turn it in to purple soft serve ice cream.

Do you guys ever remember taking Smarties- and smashing them up with a spoon, and eating the powder? We use to do that all the time. We use to eat those Pixie Stixs all the time- the powdered candy in the straws.

I use to love to make Chocolate Milk, and I can't even remember when the last time I had chocolate milk was.

I remember we use to take Kool- Aid or juice, and pour it in ice cube trays and make our own -popsicles.

I never think to do that now...I always think...what a mess- I don't want that stuff all spilling all over my freezer.

They should write a new song called "It Sucks to Grow up".

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monster Munches. I can recollect those very well. And also my dipping my biscuts in my soft drink when I was watching films on television as a child, such as "Oh Heavenly Dog," which features Chevy Chase, Jane Seymour, Omar Sharif, Donnelly Rhodes, Robert Morley and Alan Sues.

[ 08. April 2009, 16:23: Message edited by: LoverswithCassie ]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home