iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Octo Mom (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Octo Mom
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ali_with_an_i:
I read in our local paper that over 100 people applied for posistion at a new McDonalds that just opened.

I heard today that there was one position open for a janitor job in Colorado that paid $12 an hour. Guess how many applicants showed up for that job...5000! That's how bad it is out there.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand that now is the worst time to be looking for a job...but I am talking that this whole situation has been going on for many many decades.

That's where the population problem comes in to play, and why it is so important to control it...where the heck are her 14 children going out to get jobs when it's time?

The Amish create their own jobs, and the reason I used them as an example, is that they take care of each other- within their families...our families in the United States are horrendous to each other...I am saying if families were better connected, then you could have many generations living together -while the economy is so bad, if you had 4 adults in 1 household making minimum wage- then that's way better income to be living on, than 1 person or even 2- to be trying to maintain all their bills-while raising a family.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS, I agree with so much of what you are saying. I can't stand women(and their dead-beat husbands)who keep having all these kids when they know they can't afford it. It is sickening. Even if you could afford it, no one should be allowed to have that many kids anyway. This world is so over-populated that there should be some laws established for population control in this country. Will never happen of course, but that is my take on that.

I also think that if you are continuously out of work for a ridiculous amount of time and are taking advantage of the system by collecting welfare for ages, you should have to start doing jobs for the city or state to collect that check. Stuff like cleaning up the streets, picking up garbage, etc. This too will never happen though because it would be too tough to separate the dead-beats from the people who really need or deserve it. It's a shame what our country has become.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bu when you talk about population control you open up a whole new door of moral, ethical, and legal issues. How can you once again pass a vague judgment by saying families are horrendous to each other without some numbers or facts to break it up? That statement makes it sound like all families are horrendous to each other (whatever that means). True some folks don't need to be having kids but as already mentioned not everyone abuses the system. It's because of deadbeats that the true people who need help cannot get it.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, and I hate to admit it, but some of those deadbeats are in my very own family. [Roll Eyes] I don't understand how someone can be "disabled" but still ride four-wheelers, garden, hunt, fix up their house, etc., etc. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Motley and petty, I couldn't agree with you more. These people ruin it for the honest, hardworking people who really need it.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can talk about what I see...and that's alot of people...I know from my friends and all the people I get here as guests- they talk about their families, and their families are a mess.

My friend...just went out with a man on 1 date- they got engaged 2 weeks later. They are getting married March 27th. She has 2 young girls. This man has a history of violence against women, he's been married 3 times, he was fired because he had been arrested for child endangerment, and now he's marrying my friend, it's basically because he didn't want to be homeless...and she's a calculus teacher-so she's not stupid....but she was sick of being alone- because there are such idiots out there to pick from. People seem so desperate to have someone, they jump in to it, without even knowing anything about each other any more, and then they get children, and then they realize they don't even like each other...so it never ends...the divorce rate is so high...and I see so many dead beat dads that don't pay child support- so the mother of their child goes and gets free money...while they fight it out in court, and where are the kids in the whole equasion?

I think I absolutely have the right to question other people's ethics and morals, since I pay a heck of alot of taxes that go support their deadbeat butts. I should be allowed to get some of them to come rake leaves out of my yard, or come do my laundry...I mean I am paying their health care- while I go without any dental or prescription insurance for myself...what's wrong with that whole picture?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i couldn't agree with you more isis i know alot of people that get ssd for years and there is no reason for it at all!! these people could work and choose not to? but they go shopping and on trips and to concerts it really burns me up!! i have been working since 18 and i am now on comp. because i fell at work 3 times last feb. and hurt my back and left wrist and right wrist and i have a hard time getting authorization's for tests i need done and back pay etc. etc. so it really bothers me when i see these people that really have nothing wrong with them playing the system!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
ISIS, I agree with so much of what you are saying. I can't stand women(and their dead-beat husbands)who keep having all these kids when they know they can't afford it.

They don't have to afford it. We do! Welfare, WIC, Food stamps etc = taxes we pay... The people that "can" work should be made to work. [Mad]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home