iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What are you watching now? (Page 14)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: What are you watching now?
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am watching Homeland, which has been very good this season, and Billions, which has been "meh" this season, both on Showtime. I don't know how Billions got signed for a season 3 after episode 2 of the second season. Ray Donovan was a disappointment this past season too. I am also watching Bates Motel, in its final season on A&E.
Posts: 2036 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

38 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just started watching Ascension on Netflix. It's only a six-episode miniseries, but the first couple were really very good.
Posts: 3649 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 38  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished The Walking Dead season 3. Great action packed episodes here, enjoyable stuff for those who like some zombie mayhem [Cool]
Posts: 7242 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am watching Hap and Leonard on Netflix. I just finished the third episode of season one. Pretty good so far. I believe season 2 is airing now on the Sundance channel.
Gordongecko, the creators/writers said there is not going to be another season of Big Little Lies. I hope it comes to Netflix, and if so, I don't accidentally read spoilers😊😮

Posts: 2036 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I've been watching Friday Night Lights little by little. I forget who recommended it. Although I am not a big fan of high school or college football, they do show how the football players do get special treatment. I like the acting. Kyle Chandler is great
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just ecstatic over the new episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 on Netflix. Unlike recent reboots of beloved shows like The X-Files, Prison Break, and 24, they hit it out of the park. Not only is it is reverential to long-time fans, but it is accessible to new fans who have never seen the original episodes. And it's still oh-so-brilliant and funny. I dare you not to fall over laughing during some of the lines and sketches. ("You've heard of Cliff's Notes? Well, here are classic books summarized with emojis." I believe that they had only two emojis for War and Peace. ROFLMAO)
Posts: 2103 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Bosom Buddies season 1 (1980-81) and this was surprisingly fun stuff, i even laughed many times and that´s amazing when we are talking about a sitcom.
The lead couple (Tom Hanks, Peter Scolari) had a great chemistry and i really liked the whole cast.
Hanks already has the moves and expressions we used to see in his 80s films.

Episode 18, "Best Friends" includes Adrian Zmed and Debi Richter = Awesome!

I´m going to watch season 2 soon.

The principal cast:

-

Posts: 7242 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched The Walking Dead season 4. Still very good and dark stuff so i ordered season 5 & 6 blu-ray sets.

Dallas season 5 next and already watched the first 4 episodes.
Love love love Audrey Landers! [Smile]

-

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny Roarke is currently stuck in The Black Lodge with the good Dale, watching the new Twin Peaks series. [Big Grin]

Even though it seems to have more in common with Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive, i love every second of it !

Posts: 2112 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Sounds very good, Johnny. Can´t wait to see the new series.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new Twin Peaks is fantastic so far, as I'd hoped it would be. As I was telling a friend that in the very opening of the first new episode, that sound you heard was every Twin Peaks fan across the globe crying tears of joy when, in a scene from the second season finale, Laura Palmer tells Dale in backward-speak, "I'll see you again in 25 years." As so she does. It's just great!
Posts: 2103 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I've been watching Twin Peaks too! I also watched all 10 episodes of the final season of Bloodline on Netflix. It's a shame they couldn't get the tax incentives in Florida, because the writers intended to have it run for 4-5 seasons. I started House of Cards new season (5) last night. This has actually been kind of slow and boring so far. Hope it picks up soon. I just finished the third episode.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I have to get to House of Cards. I will admit that last season was better than the previous one, but I'm getting fatigued with all the goofy, over-the-top shenanigans on that show. From the very start, as much as I liked it, the tone was all wrong. The original British version was clearly a satire with all the winking and talking to the audience and outrageous antics. It was supposed to be a fantasy. The U.S. House of Cards still has the winking and nodding, but the showrunners seem to think that the show is a substantially realistic depiction of political maneuvering and cut from the headlines--which is just silly considering the plot lines. The single best show--and most Washington, D.C., insiders would agree--that depicts how politics works in the U.S. is Veep. As funny and crazy as that show is, it accurately portrays the dog-eat-dog, back-biting, sniping, egotistical, elitist nature of working in those DC politic jobs.
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure if I posted about this, but the new season of Fargo is absolutely fantastic so far. Highly suggest it!
Posts: 662 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna Dixon. Mmmmmmm
Posts: 1567 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just finished The Walking Dead season 5. Maybe the worst season so far (didn´t like the hospital subplot that much) but still very good.

Next: Bosom Buddies season 2.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Bosom Buddies season 2 was also highly entertaining and this is a must see show for 80s Tom Hanks fans.

Hanks, Scolari and Sperber go new wave [Smile]
 -

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Broadchurch (season 3)

I watched series 1 of Broadchurch two or three years ago.. I wasn't around when the second season aired on Dutch TV..
but now i'm back for the third (and reportedly last) season of this moody and very well-acted British crime drama.

Posts: 2112 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
The third season starts here in the U.S. in August, I believe. I think that the first season was one of the best short-run series that I have ever seen. And you are so right about the acting: Tenant, Colman, et al. each had their amazing, show stopping scene. I thought that the second series was a bit of a come down. But then again, what wouldn't be after brilliant season one? I am definitely looking forward to seeing where they take these characters.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Yeah, remember the scene at the end of series 1 when Ellie confronted her husband after he was brought in ?

Man, that was heart-shattering.. Very powerful scene !

Last sunday evening i watched episode 6 of series 3.. Only two more to go.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
And Tennant's big scene was where he tells the story of taking the fall for his ex-wife on the screwed-up case. It, too, was a tour de force of acting.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Hi guys, haven't been around much lately. Here are some things I've watched on Netflix: Bloodline, The Keepers ( documentary), The Ranch (corny comedy, it has its moments), Friday Night Lights. I am waiting for them to release a new series next month called Ozark.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Just finished Femme Fatales season one and enjoyed it very much.
Surprisingly high production values, cool stories and lots of pretty women [Cool]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched The Incredible Hulk season 1 (1977/78) and i have to say that the pace was really slow and the stories kinda samey.

Bill Bixby is good though and the overall feel is pretty sad, David Banner looking for cure.

I own the complete set but honestly don´t know when i´ll pick up season 2 from the shelf. Does it get any better along the way?

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

38 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Currently watching Season 2 of The Expanse on Netflix. Really enjoyed the first season, and this one's picked up right where they left off.

Of course, that will all soon change when Star Trek Discovery starts up...

Posts: 3649 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 38  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home