iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What are you watching now? (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: What are you watching now?
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

A mate of mine lent me the HBO mini series - pacific which i've never seen before and even though i've just finished the end of part 2 and have got quite away to go (another 8 parts) i'm quite impressed with what i've seen so far!

Never actually seen - band of brothers either which i imagine would be pretty good also.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't heard of Pacific but it sounds good.
I do own Band of Brothers on VHS and DVD and it is excellent. I should send the VHS to you but cant imagine what that would cost.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my opinion, Band of Brothers was better than The Pacific.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Band of Brothers is indeed excellent. I´ve yet to see The Pacific but i do have the dvd set.
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched Ash vs. Evil Dead pilot and it´s pretty good stuff. Sam Raimi directed this one.
Slapstick humour, demons and gore. Fans of the franchise knows the score but it´s maybe a bit too goofy for me because i love the first Evil Dead movie the most.
Bruce Campbell is a legend and owns the screen, not so sure about the rest of the cast.
We´ll see how it continues, episodes 2-4 later tonight.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Bruce Campbell. I loved his character Sam in Burn Notice. I haven't watche Ash v. Evil Dead yet. Is the Evil Dead movie the one he was in with decapitations at the beginning? If so, I don't know that I could watch the series. I don't mind blood and gore, but decapitations are a big no for me.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

The fourth "season" of Luther will air on BBC Dec. 17 as a two hour installment, more like a movie than a series.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Lots of decapitations in the Ash vs Evil Dead series, Pittsburghgirl. It´s the only way to kill the deadites.
Campbell said Starz channel was the only network that would give them the ability to be unrated and unrestricted and i think that it´s the only way to go with the Evil Dead universe.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Aw that stinks. I would watch it just for Bruce Campbell, but I just can't watch the decapitations. Thanks for the info atomic.
Irwin Fletcher
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37368

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Irwin Fletcher   Email Irwin Fletcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TV series- " The Finder "
Posts: 23 | Registered: May 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Aw, I loved The Finder! Fox always cancels the good ones!
Irwin Fletcher
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37368

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Irwin Fletcher   Email Irwin Fletcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The improvised and often miniature crime scene recreations of The Finder are very enjoyable. And yes, shame on Fox for this quirky show's early demise.
Posts: 23 | Registered: May 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Yes those quirky crime scene recreations were the best.
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really enjoying Ash vs Evil Dead. Can't wait for season 2!

[ 04. January 2016, 08:54: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, just watched the season 1 ending (episode 10). Great stuff!
I hope that they still have interesting ideas for season 2.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ash vs. Evil Dead is so entertaining. Has there ever been a better, more effortless performance of the loveable blowhard a-hole than Bruce Campbell's? Even when he's being a complete idiot, he's endearing and hilarious.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I just got Netflix this past week. I started watching Bloodline, about 4 adult siblings, and their parents, in Key West. It was created/written by the same guys who created Damages, which was excellent if you've never watched. I finished the first episode and part of the second. It is rather slow paced, getting to know the characters a little bit at a time.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh, i see that Kyle Chandler and Ben Mendelsohn are in Bloodline. Interesting...

Btw, anyone remember if the 90s tv-series Early Edition with Kyle Chandler was any good?
I would like to get that one.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

My husband used to watch Early Edition, before we were married. Not sure if he will remember much about it.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah that show was not too bad. I had a mate who loved it. I think Fisher Stevens was in it too if I recall correctly.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I finished Bloodline. It was really good. I started Making a Murderer, and also season 4 of The Killing. I'm liking having Netflix again. I just wish The Shield was on Netflix. I think I heard that it is on Amazon Prime now. I wouldn't mind rewatching it.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I watched Season 1 of Rectify, about a man released after 19 years in prison, when it is found that DNA evidence doesn't match. Recommended by fellow Rewinder, Dexter Motley Morgan. Started season 2 today.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

I´ve been watching the latest TMNT animated series with my son.
It´s dubbed in finnish here but look at some of the original voice cast:

Sean Astin, Seth Green, Jason Biggs, Corey Feldman, Roseanne Barr, Gilbert Gottfried, Cassandra Peterson, Jeffrey Combs, Lance Henriksen,
Robert Forster, Peter Stormare, Ben Cross, Robert Englund, Paul Reubens, James Hong, Danny Trejo, Ron Perlman, Keith David, Mark Hamill...

If you can´t get no more acting roles you still have your voice.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

That's a lot of stars doing the voices!
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm rewatching The X-Files.

Most recent episode:

-

"Mulder and Scully are sent to investigate when a team of geophysicists stationed at a remote Alaskan outpost are killed by a parasitic alien life form."

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home