iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What are you watching now? (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: What are you watching now?
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have not seen that GP.
Anyone see Dual SUrvivor where the guy gets cut and they use ant pinchers to stitch it up.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Wallander

Swedish / British co-production starring Kenneth Branagh.

Not as tense as some of the other Scandinavian detective series i've seen last year (The Killing,
Those Who Kill, The Bridge), but still a great series. Very atmospheric, very well acted !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dolenz85
Senior Rewinder
Member # 10835

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dolenz85   Email Dolenz85   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest (as part of the original Millenium Trilogy)
Posts: 78 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just finished watching Top of the Lake, a New Zealand mini-series. It was very good, but sad. Do not watch if you're depressed, it will only darken your mood.
I will be watching Rectify, the first episode, tonight on Ondemand. It is about a man released from prison after being exhonerated with DNA evidence, and his adjustment to life outside of prison. It is another Sundance Channel exclusive here in the U.S. as was Top of the Lake.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NCAA fast pitch softball. Mizzou
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better Call Saul, Person of Interest, Vikings, Shameless. I have a wide variety of tastes! There's a lot more too.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Walking Dead, Justified, Chicago PD, The Middle, 2 Broke Girls, The Goldbergs, Bates Motel next month
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot to add NCIS New Orleans to my list. It's my favorite if the NCIS franchise....I love all things New Orleans.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
I just finished watching Top of the Lake, a New Zealand mini-series. It was very good, but sad. Do not watch if you're depressed, it will only darken your mood.

Ah yes, i watched the whole series last year when it aired on Dutch television.. very moody indeed.
I didn't really like Holly Hunter's character though, and the whole female commune storyline didn't
seem that important in the end. Maybe it could have been better if they tightened it up a bit.
Nonetheless, the acting was top-notch, especially by Peter Mullan (who played Tui's father).

-

He was very unpredictable and menacing throughout. Strong lead performance by Elisabeth Moss
as the troubled female cop with some peculiarities of her own.
The girl who played Tui impressed too in a difficult, multi-layered role.

Great scenery and dark atmosphere not unlike Winter's Bone which i happened to watch last week.

[ 21. February 2015, 12:53: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

just watching unsolved mysteries with dennis farina on cbs reality.

he's discussing a case where 2 convicted killers escaped from prison by jumping a 4 foot security fence... a 4 foot security fence [Confused]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Petty fan, I watch The Walking Dead too, and Justified. Timothy Olyphant is nice to look at [Smile] . I need to start watching Chicago PD again!
Johnny Roarke, you and I seem to have similar tastes. I agree- the whorl thing with the female commune just didn't fit with the rest of the story.
Young warrior, lol about the 4 foot "security" fence !

Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top shows for me at the moment:

Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Walking Dead
The Flash
Arrow
Gotham
Better Call Saul.

Too many shows, not enough time...

Better Call Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Wayward Pines, Tyrant, just started Sex&Drugs&RocknRoll
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I also did watch the first season of Wallender last year. It was very good too. If they'd ever put it back up on VOD, I'd watch the other seasons. I'm waiting for the new season of Luther too.
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Just finished Wayward Pines...anybody think it's gonna get pucked up for another season?
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Yes, I think Fox purposely left it open ended to bring it back for a second season. But what are they going to do now that all of the adults were put into their pods?
SPOILER: And Matt Dillon won't be back!

pettyfan
Member # 2260

I don't think it'll be as good. Are you planning on watching the new X Files in Jan?
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Dicte season 2 has its finale on TV here tonight.

-

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Petty, I never watched the original X Files, so it's probably going to be a "no" for me. My hubby used to watch it, so he'll most likely be watching the reboot. I do like David Duchovny. I didn't really like Californication.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True Detective season 2 just ended and i have to say that it was a small disappointment after the magnificent first season.
The script was a bit confusing and i didn´t like everyone in the cast.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I've been watching the first season on Belgian TV here. Still two episodes to go, which will air this saturday back-to-back.

Good stuff indeed !

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Last night I went over to see the in laws and my father in law normally puts on random episodes from 70s,80s us series such as - the equalizer,dukes of hazard,night rider,a - team,highway to heaven,sledge hammer etc. as well as episodes from old UK series such as black beauty,catweazle and so on.

Anyhow last night we watched an episode from the incredible hulk (1977) called - death in the family which contained this really funny fight scene between the hulk (Lou ferringo) and a bear in which the incredible hulk uses all his strength to pick the bear (or should that be large soft toy) up and throw him miles through the air.

http://youtu.be/l5zsprxUTBM - hulk versus the bear.

The incredible hulk was a fun series which I remember fondly as a child watching it on a Saturday afternoon during the late 70s early 80s on UK channel BBC one.

Watching it again last night for the first time in years made me think to how freaky I used find the opening credits as a kid [Eek!]

[ 17. August 2015, 03:28: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Crank Yankers. This is hilarious.
Shoulda sent it sooner was a funny one and Willie calls Fox news was great, both featuring junkyard Willie.

O yeah warrior. Watched plenty of that back in the day. Hulk

[ 16. October 2015, 14:35: Message edited by: TerdNthePoolGGB ]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Young warrior, that's hilarious. If you get the chance, watch Sledge Hammer with your Father in law. It was really good silly humor.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Battlestar Galactica (the new one) season 1. Pretty good stuff and i´m planning to continue with season 2 after i´ve checked out few Tales from the Crypt episodes.
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home