iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What are you watching now? (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: What are you watching now?
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forbrydelsen (aka The Killing, 2007)

The series just started here on Dutch television this week, but luckily there's an episode each day.
So i don't have to wait months to find out who did it.

These first couple of episodes made me remember my all-time favorite tv series Twin Peaks.
But i'm guessing there's not going to be a killer Bob or a black lodge in this one. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny Roarke, there were alot of comparisons between the Killing (U.S. version) and Twin Peaks! Hope you like the Dutch version. I'm not sure if it's available in the U.S. I'd love to watch it if it has subtitles.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watching the London Olympics opening ceremony.
I just wanted to see how Danny Boyle and co. spent the 35 million.

I have to say that it´s truly great stuff and we even saw a Gregory´s Girl scene in it!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Round 2 of the Lucas Oil Outdoor Motocross Nationals at Freestone MX Park in Texas.
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
Johnny Roarke, there were alot of comparisons between the Killing (U.S. version) and Twin Peaks! Hope you like the Dutch version. I'm not sure if it's available in the U.S. I'd love to watch it if it has subtitles.

I heard about that American remake series. Not sure if i will ever watch it though...
although it would be interesting to compare the two.
Have you seen the American version, by any chance ?

When it comes to the original series i'm watching now, i must say there are more than a few
similarities between this and Twin Peaks. Especially the main story's set-up with the dead girl being the star of the show despite her absence,
but also the way she died, a secret life of sex and drugs among her classmates, some clues about
her death (there's even a necklace that was found, just as in Twin Peaks), the tragic effect
her death has on her parents, and every character on the show seems to have a hidden agenda
of some sort.
The main difference however is the absence of Twin Peaks' surrealism which is replaced here by
grim reality.

The original series (including the following season 2 series) have been released on dvd here.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the American remake. It was good, but I guess not fast-paced enough for most U.S. viewers, as it has not been renewed for a third season. I think the producers made a huge mistake announcing that they would solve the murder of the young girl within the first few episodes of season two, then have Linden and Holder (the detectives) move on to a new case. That never happened. They dragged out the murder of the girl, Rosie Larsen, for two seasons.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely watching the Summer Olympics.. Dv'rd the Opening Ceremony, well done London.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on the cloo chanel they are showing episodes of bosom buddies, i like what i have seen so far
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I've watched an episode of American reality series Dog The Bountyhunter.

Do people really look like THAT in the US ? [Confused]

Zigyma7ik
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ You don't even want know.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Here's the Dog !

He does resemble an older version of Lorenzo Lamas in his Renegade tv-series days.

And that's really an impressive mullet too ! [Big Grin]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Okay, let's forget about the Dog and get back to some quality tv. [Big Grin]

Still watching Forbrydelsen (The Killing) here, and i was shocked !
Last night, one of the main characters got killed. I really didn't see that coming.
Talking about unexpected plot twists and turns, ha !

Only two more episodes to go, and still no clue how this is going to end.
One thing is for sure though : It won't be a happy ending for most of the characters in this great tv series.
I just know that much !

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that you posted the pic, i also remember watching one Dog The Bountyhunter episode.
Crazy stuff [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
It´s called My Husband Is a Bountyhunter here [Smile]
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Does anyone else watch Grimm? It is the only show on NBC that I watch. I started watching it last fall when it premiered. We were at our camp where we don't have cable, just the little digital box to pick up a few stations. I don't remember what came on before it, but I told my husband not to change the channel because I definitely wanted to check out Grimm. I really liked it right off. I couldn't believe they started Season 2 so soon. I am watching Episode 3 of Season 2 right now. There is so much garbage on network tv, I was surprised to find something I liked on NBC.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Storage Wars (American reality series)

When rent is not paid on a storage locker, the contents are sold by an auctioneer as a single lot of items.
The show follows professional buyers who need to outbid one another to get the contents when they're interested.
The goal is to turn a profit on the merchandise.

Lately, there's also a spin-off of the original series on tv here, called Storage Wars Texas,
which follows a different group of professional buyers.

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
 -

Storage Wars (American reality series)

When rent is not paid on a storage locker, the contents are sold by an auctioneer as a single lot of items.
The show follows professional buyers who need to outbid one another to get the contents when they're interested.
The goal is to turn a profit on the merchandise.

Lately, there's also a spin-off of the original series on tv here, called Storage Wars Texas,
which follows a different group of professional buyers.

Mr Roarke, can I steer you towards what I reckon is a superior version of this concept: Auction Hunters. Features two guys (Allen Haft and Ton Jones) who buy up the units, then sell the contents on - they just seem to have around 300% more fun doing so than anyone I've ever seen on Storage Wars...
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I don't think Auction Hunters is on tv here in Holland. Lately there have been several similar-themed programmes,
including Barter Kings, American Pickers, and several pawn-shop shows.
It's nothing i'd stay home for, but Storage Wars is on tv here during the weekends around dinner-time.
It's fun to watch when you have nothing else to do, i guess.
I'll keep an eye out for that Auction Hunters though. I wouldn't be too surprised if it shows up on tv here
at some point. These kind of programmes seem to be popular here at the moment.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good one Paul and Johnny. Love both of those. Barry Weiss is great. Did u see the storage wars with Stewart Copeland. A nice 80s feel in that one. I also like shipping wars. Anyone else?
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Funny that you mention that episode with Copeland. It was on tv here last weekend. I'd seen it before though.

Yeah, Hollywood Barry is always good for a laugh. Never taking things too seriously. [Smile]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Auction Hunters is a completely fabricated show. The producers have a contract with an antiques dealer, who supplies them with the "finds" for the storage lockers. They are then set into said lockers and a fake auction is filmed. The other "bidders" are actually hired extras. Alan Haff is an actor and antiques dealer. Ton works with exotic animals, but also acts sporadically, mostly as biker types of dudes. I don't buy any of these storage locker auction tv shows. They are all Hollywood produced. In Pennsylvania, if you are the owner of a storage facility, a notice must be sent out to the renter first, for non-payment. If it is not cleaned out within a certain period of time (I believe it is one month), the storage owner will go through the contents, keeping what they think is worth any money, then have the rest of the junk auctioned off. Also, my husband went to one many years ago out of curiosity, well before all of these auction shows aired. He said the auctioneer took each individual item out of the lockers and the people bid on each item, not an entire storage locker. Anything that was junk was just thrown into a dumpster. I'm not sure if that was just the auctioneer who did it that way, or if anyone still does that in PA.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Anyhoo, we finished watching American Horror Story season 2 almost two weeks ago. I thought season 1 was better, but I think I am in the minority. So many others have said they thought season 2 was better. There are rumors that season 3 will take place in New Orleans.
We are also watching The Following, about a serial killer,starring Kevin Bacon as an FBI agent. It has been excellent so far, and on the plus side, they are airing 14 episodes in a row, no repeats and no skipping a week.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
I don't buy any of these storage locker auction tv shows. They are all Hollywood produced.

Well, i never expected it to be 100% real. Personally, i think every so-called 'reality show'
is staged, at least up to a certain degree.
Doesn't mean they can't be entertaining though.

,..Television is reality, and reality is less than television..' (quote from Videodrome 1983) [Big Grin]

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone else watching elementary. im hooked on it.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home