iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » It's been a bad week for A-Rod, Michael Phelps

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's been a bad week for A-Rod, Michael Phelps
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If fans didn't have enough to complain about Rod before, now he admits to steroid allegations. I was surprised he admitted as much as he did considering a lot of denials from his peers. There's going to be a lot more to this story as 104 other players tested positive as well in 2003. I think it's terrible, but MLB has to maintain some responsibility too for turning a blind eye to abuse when they seemed more concerned with reved up gate profits after the baseball strike.

And as for Michael Phelps, looks like he is going the Ricky Williams route. He's already lost endorsements from it, and looks like he is suspended for 3 months.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meanwhile my idols remain intact. You may complain Donovan McNabb can never reach the top, but at least he's a highly ethical man who's willing to take responsibility for whatever mistakes he makes. And thus, in that very important respect he's already a world champion.

Going back 20 years, the same can be said for Randall and the Gang Green defense; perhaps the worse crime anyone can say for them would be Wes Hopkins's adultery, which he paid for by having to watch his wife beat the mistress bloody in the Vet's 700 level on national TV (well, there is the matter of Reggie White's anti-homosexual rhetoric to the Wisconsin state legislature, but since that was after he'd moved on, and since he did so much for the people of Green Bay apart from that, why hold it too much against him? Too few athletes even bother with God these days anyway). In the end, they played hard and left their hearts on the field, and that's all you can ask for, really.

Back more on topic, yes, there is far too much drugs in all sports these days. If he can take time off from getting the economy restarted, Obama should really consider crafting a national athletic drug policy that covers all sports and would lower the boon and then some for the very first offense; perhaps that would scare them into giving it up (since the leagues aren't taking action, might as well let the Oval Office have a shot, I say).

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be worth a shot, I love for anyone to get someone with some strength and integrity and clean up baseball once and for all. But I doubt it will happen with dumb and dumber Don Fehr and commisioner Bud(Lite) Selig at the helm.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Add Pacman Jones to the list, as he will not be returning to Dallas. Still hard to believe he's only 25.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard about the Michael Phelps stuff....I can not ever understand why anyone ever would want to do drugs...and when you are in that great of shape physically- why would you mess with your life like that? Why would you work so hard to achieve what they have- to blow it (Literally), it is utter stupidity.

You can be the best at something, but still be stupid.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:

You can be the best at something, but still be stupid.

There's a name for this special talent. It's called "management"... [Wink]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured A-Rod did steroids ever since Canseco spilled the beans and mentioned his name. There are hundreds of others who did too, but their names will never come out. I love my Yankees and will still watch them no matter what. I hated A-Rod when he was on Seattle and Texas, but he is a Yankee now and I will stand by him. This is nearing the end of the steroid era in baseball(I think so anyway). Time to move on from all of it. So many did steroids during this time that it was a pretty equal playing field for everyone. That by no means says that I condone it.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting to consider, though, that the game saw more perfect games during the juiced ball era--if you put the beginning some time in the late 80s, when home run totals first started going up--than at any point in history. True, a couple of the pitchers in question may have been pilled up themselves--I wouldn't be surprised if Kenny Rogers popped a couple prior to his efforts, given his antagonistical nature and hard driven style, and Dennis Martinez admitted to drug use earlier in his career with Baltimore--but still it's a interesting counterpoint to make.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home