iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Gone but not forgotten (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Gone but not forgotten
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I forgot about her-I always liked her- she was going to come here for the Rewind party. I haven't talked to her in a long time. Riptide I can't believe you remember so many people. I always liked Siskobell too. Don't know where he went to either.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've forgotten a bunch of people too over the years, but I went through the directory a few times and was astounded how many people have joined (it's in the 1000's),but so few stick around. I know people have lives, but you think how easy it is to navigate to a website and check in once in a while.

Bionic Bigfoot, does she still post from time to time?

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bionic Bigfoot is a guy. He hasn't been around. I sent him PMs. I think I might have emailed him too. I miss him. He sent me Gold Brick Eggs for Easter a few years ago.

We can't find them around here, that was like a blast from the past. I could hardly stand to eat one.

He is the person, who meet Joanna Cameron before me, and his is the one who knew the producer that was putting Isis on to DVD, and if I hadn't known Bigfoot when I did....I wouldn't have known who the producer was, and that's how they contacted me to get Joanna to call them, so the whole thing was fate.

He loved Saturday morning TV.

I bought him a Sleestack Shirt.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get back here Valley wherever you are [Mad] [Frown]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah,

Where is Valley? C'mon Valley, how about a SITREP?

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This place is too quiet now. There are rarely any threads worth commenting on.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So start one you feel that people will comment on.

While the quantity of the posts may have gone down I feel that the quality hasn't suffered at all and may have improved overall.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think it will be quiet thru the summer here myself as i am on another forum and it is always quiet in the summer too nice out and people on vacation or holiday whichever you celebrate! lol i am sure it will pick up again in september or so!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some other one-time Rewinders who do not post on here.

McFly
Sam Haim 2
Jules
Eddie Wilson
80s forever
deathbystero
Canyoudigit
Bridgette Marie

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happened to wolfmansgotnards.

I remember looking at this site a few years back and his/her posts were all over the place.

I can see threads started by wolfman, but don't believe he/she has posted in along time.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was reading through cant believe people get banned from here,ive been here a while now and never seen/read any arguments or bad behaviour to get urself banned lol wow i musta missed some good times!
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen some great comments. There was this one guy who made all these ridiculous comments.

but in fairness it was about the movies. I think he just had a warped sense of humour. I am sure he would have got banned though.

I personally wouldn't have banned him though, because his comments were hilarious.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by amaranth:
Was reading through cant believe people get banned from here,ive been here a while now and never seen/read any arguments or bad behaviour to get urself banned lol wow i musta missed some good times!

Indeed! This place was jumping for quite some time back in the day....did get out of hand at times, but I think that made it more interesting here and alot of fun. I also heard stories of how it REALLY got out of hand WAY back in the day. Wish I was a member here during that era!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
If I knew that I would not get banned I guarantee I would say some pretty random stuff.
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Yes, we had good times and we had bad times, but at least we had times.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I think the moderators should tell us some stories on what some people have written.
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

We aren't supposed to talk about Candyman.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I also heard stories of how it REALLY got out of hand WAY back in the day.
Remember; that would be in the context of the Rewind, which compared to other sites wouldn't seem bad at all.

quote:
I think the moderators should tell us some stories on what some people have written.
It had less to do with what they said, and more to do with a conflict of personalities causing something of a split.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I want details [Razz]
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah would love to here some storys!
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one thing I will say is forget about it....as Nick stated pages back. The Rewind isn't about drama.....we are here to discuss the 80s that is why we have fun here. [Smile]

Just saying random stuff doesn't get you banned.

Being mean, derogatory or disrespectful to people and or members will get you banned.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, we did manage to get valley back here, that was a great step! [Smile]

good point, muffy. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just saying random stuff doesn't get you banned.

Being mean, derogatory or disrespectful to people and or members will get you banned. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Okay. I take back everything I said [Smile]

Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy, the Rewind is all about drama - Miami Vice, LA Law, Hill St Blues....
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be on here all the time. But work would take me away for long periods of time. It's been ages since I have been on the forums, but with a bum leg, some sore ribs and no plans on getting out of bed anytime soon... Consider me back!!!

I tell you what...it was a killer bike accident. Harley...yamaha...you ask? Specialized...pedal bike...if you think I look bad...you should see that pot hole!! I showed it who was boss!

Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home