iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Favorite Pizza Place and favorite Pizza Topping (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favorite Pizza Place and favorite Pizza Topping
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hewzy:
"Did anyone order me a Plain Cheese"

Buzz ate it.. [Wink]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's Brooklyn pizza like? I see Domino's advertising it, and from the flyer it looked like pepperoni, cheese and thin crust. Have you had this SC?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What's Brooklyn pizza like? I see Domino's advertising it, and from the flyer it looked like pepperoni, cheese and thin crust. Have you had this SC?
I haven't had Domino's Brooklyn-style pizza, since I'm not too much of a fan of that chain, so I can't comment on flavor.

As far as "Brooklyn-style" pizza is concerned it's pretty much synonymous with "New York-style" pizza. Very thin and crispy, with a thin layer of tomato sauce topped with melted mozarella cheese. Sometimes grated sharp parmesean cheese is combined into the sauce. Toppings like pepperoni, mushrooms, etc., are totally optional. In fact, most people I know prefer plain pizza.

NOTE: Brooklyn-style pizza's crispy, thin crust is a must in terms of the pizza's "fold-ability", so it can be eaten like Tony Manero does in Saturday Night Fever.

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We aren't setting the world on fire with our pizza here in Hawaii. The only place that makes a decent slice is a local chain called Boston's North End Pizza. Besides them the selection is pretty dismal. Bad enough that you do just as well ordering Papa John's or Pizza Hut, honestly. Among the big chains, Pizza Hut is definitely my favorite. I used to like Domino's better about 15 years ago, but they went into decline somewhere along the line. I also like funkier California style pizza once in awhile too, and for that I always hit up CPK (my favorite is the Thai Chicken).
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home