iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » SuperBowl Predictions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SuperBowl Predictions
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna go out on a limb here (not really) and pick New England. I just don't see the Giants being able to pull it off against them although I'd love to see the upset. Anyone else's thoughts?
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to go out on a limb, and predict I'll fall asleep before the end, as it'll be around 3am over here as usual.......
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hah, Motley, I was going to post a topic on this! I absolutely loathe, hate and despise the Patriots--the whole team, the whole coaching staff. So even though I don't think they'll win, I'm picking the Giants. Maybe poor Eli will have a day when he's not on the field looking totally confused!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd go with New England by about 13 points, atlhough the Giants will give them a good fight for it. Shame we no longer have the Bud Bowls during breaks; a lot of times they were more exciting than the game itself.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patriots... They are a better team than the NEW JERSEY Giants... [Wink]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patriots win, but the game will be closer than some people will think.

If I were a betting person, I'd pick the Giants to beat the point spread.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patriots all the way. Somebody needs to make the Dolphins unbeaten team shut up once and for all. They had one of the easiest schedules in NFL history that year. Plus I just can't cheer for any team from New York.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you think about it in alot of ways, it's almost like the Giants just fell into the SuperBowl. True they beat the Cowboys and the Packers but at the same time alot of it was luck. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Eli looks confused all the time. He just doesn't fit the role of a leader in my opinion. The man obviously has some skill but when your last name is Manning you have pretty big shoes to fill and these are shoes he can't and never will be able to fill compared to his brother or dad. They may want to pull the switcheroo and put Peyton in if things start looking pretty bad early lol......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a game, what an upset. Just amazing how well the NYG defence contained Brady. Eli got it done.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow.. lots of people thought patriots would take it. i was hoping new york would pull it off and what a game.. that was exciting stuff. eli did great, but NY defence was amazing. brady got stuffed several times, AWESOME!

cheers to MVP eli and the giants [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plaxico is my man!!!

Go, Giants!!!

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New York forced the Patriots to play the Giants game and got beat in every facet of the game. Well deserved win for the Giants.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I heard on the radio on the way to work this morning about how the points spread as far as betting goes wasn't met. Can you imagine betting with those kinds of odds and the points spread not getting met??? Brady sure spent alot of time on his a s s during the game which was a rare occassion for him plus Moss was contained pretty well. Giants defense was awesome......
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Patriots gave that game away. They deserved to loose if they are going to be that stupid! [Roll Eyes] Come on, protect your quarterback, and throw the ball like you're at the SUPER BOWL! [Mad]

New York earned it and the Pat's gave it away...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home