iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » american idol tonight!!! (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: american idol tonight!!!
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't think Ju'not got picked as a wildcard...did he? Anyhoo, I didn't like any of the wildcards they picked. Isis, I have to agree with you...why why why?? I mean, she can sing okay, but I hate all the drama she brings with her. I wanted Matt to go through also...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no junot was not a wild card pick he was one of the top three they picked !! i was also kind of glad they did not pick the little country girl and she did think she was gonna make it thru last night you could see it in her face! i think she is very cute but her singing is just okay then again i hate country music sorry!! dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lil was definately the best of the group. I didn't know the song, but it was very good. It was the strongest group of the three, and even the worst performance (Kendall - her singing was sharp) was better than some from groups one and two.

I'm conflicted about Blindy getting through, he's a good singer but his disability is going to get him through further than he might otherwise have gone.

I was disappointed that Ju'not wasn't in the top 3, and then again when he wasn't chosen as a wild card. He's one of the best singers and interpreters of the entire 36.

I'm thrilled that Tatiana is a wildcard - oh the drama!!!! The only way I could be happier is if Norman/Nick had been chosen, and since the corpse of Simon Cowell wasn't on the judging panel, I knew that wasn't gonna happen (coz it would only happen over Simon's dead body)

So how is it going to work tomorrow night? Are they going to perform, or is it going to take an hour for the judges to just tell us which 3 of the 8 are going through?

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
no junot was not a wild card pick he was one of the top three they picked !! i was also kind of glad they did not pick the little country girl and she did think she was gonna make it thru last night you could see it in her face! i think she is very cute but her singing is just okay then again i hate country music sorry!! dee

Nope Ju'Not wasn't picked in the top three either. The top three wre Scott, Lil and Jorge
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not on tonight is it?

I like Jorge. He seems very humble- and I like that about people. It is one thing to be confident, but it is another thing to be so far removed from everything to where you don't care if anyone else even does well, and all you care about is if you win or not.

I personally would be rooting for the best person to win, wether they were better than me or not....that's what is fair...and your life isn't over...to get that far and be on stage in front of that many people is more than what most professional singers will ever do.

I was thinking about Lil Rounds singing Mary J. Blige's song- you know that Mary J. Blige has heard it by now...she probably was watching...so how much more could you ever ask for.

I can't stand Tatiana thanking everyone and bawling...people were laughing at her...but it really isn't funny that she's that big of a mess.
That's what's really messed up, she has major issues going on, and people just want to exploit that.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is on tonight
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
last night i went to a family member's anniversary and forgot to tivo american idol, by the time i realized it, it was more than half way over.

from what i read here, i gather that tatiana is back???? are you friggin kidding me?

what else happened?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

They announced the three winners from the previous night: Scott, Lil & Jorge. Giving us 9 finalists so far The previous three I just mentioned along with the 6 from the previous 2 weeks.

Then the judges announced 8 of the people eliminated over the past three weeks to come back again tonight and I'm assuming to perform one more time. From there the judges will pick three of those eight to join the 9 people voted in so far to give us the final 12. The 8 people the judges chose to come back tonight are: Jasmine, Megan, Jesse, Tatiana, Matt G, Von, Anoop and Ricky.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok thanks sam, for clearing it up for me.

i don't recognize some of those names so i'll have to see who they're talking about.

thanks again sam. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Jasmine--Cute 17 year old african-american girl
Megan--arm sleeve tattoo, very jazzy sounding
Jesse--sang Bette Davis Eyes, sister of Jonny Lang
Tatiana--you know her
Matt G--sang Coldplay, Dueling Pianist
Von--sang first on Tuesday
Anoop--Dorky looking guy
Ricky--from the first group of 12 two weeks ago

I'm hoping any combination of Jasmine, Megan, Jesse, Matt G or Anoop makes it. I feel Megan and Anoop stand the best chance.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They did exactly what I thought they would do.

But, I don't understand why they even brought Tatiana back, she only ever sang 1 song.

When Megan won a spot and Tatiana didn't...all the focus went to Tatiana having a bawling fit...that's not right...that took away from Megan being happy.

Tatiana has serious Mental Health issues going on, and when they are looking at a person's entire "package" of who they are, and that people do idolize those people, then it's wrong to put someone in that kind of role- who obviously is unstable.

By next week, she'll probably have her own reality show.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Megan reminds me of Reese Witherspoon, allthough I think Megan is actually prettier. I like her voice...she is very different.
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top 13--who knew? Anyway, as I've said before, I generally prefer male singers so those are the ones I'll be pulling for, even though I do like Lil'Rounds. Megan--meh, she was just okay. Jasmine was okay too. Wonder what their first week's theme will be? Hopefully not two weeks' worth of Beatles' songs again.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I thought there was six really good performances tonight

I really liked how Jesse sang the classic funk Rufus w/Chaka Kahn song. I've always liked that song and thought she performed it really well. Too bad she isn't moving on.

Matt G--wasn't too crazy about the song he chose to sing but man can he bring the blues. Happy with his moving on.

Megan really hate that song she sang but it's in her comfort zone and I thought she did it well. No complaints with her advancement.

Von--sang a really good Elton John song really bad.

Jasmine--Once again not a fan of the song she chose but she showed she can bring it pretty well. I've liked her since her first audition.

Ricky I thought did a really good job on a classic Stevie Wonder song. If they would have made it a final 14 instead of 13 the final spot would have been between him or Jesse.

Anoop--Glad he has another chance and liked the fakeout they gave him when they surprised him with it being a final 13

Tatiana--Thankfully she's gone.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:

Tatiana has serious Mental Health issues going on, and when they are looking at a person's entire "package" of who they are, and that people do idolize those people, then it's wrong to put someone in that kind of role- who obviously is unstable.

Once again you're trying to be an armchair psychiatrist. It's OK for us to call her a serious drama queen but the only one that posts here that is qualified to say she has mental issues is NOMS, and then he can only do that after some serious consultation with her and not just from watching her on TV.
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was glad jasmine made it thru the other two were just okay to me the only ones i really like are alexis, jasmine, adam, danny, and lil rounds! dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

i don't like jasmine. she has serious pitch problems when she sings. i'm surprised they keep giving her chances.

megan is "current" like simon said, and very pretty, she has a different voice, but needs to prove she belongs in the top 12. hopefully she does better than what we've seen.

i cannot believe anoop sang the same song again. but it worked, i guess..
glad he made it.

im glad that matt made it through - he did a good job.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Nobody has to have a stinkin degree in psychology to know when someone is completely self absorb and a big giant bawl baby, that is a sore loser, and someone who has no care about anyone else.

I have done counseling work before...I have no clue why you think that it takes a Master's Degree to give an opinion about a person.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

there's a difference between calling somebody self absorbed and a bawl baby then saying they have mental issues.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ding dong Tatiana is gone!!!! FINALLY!!! I couldn't stand her. Drama queen, self absorbed, fake, spoiled. I was going to boycott the show if they kept her... [Eek!]

Now, on with the show! [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Don't you think being self absorbed is a mental issue? Mental issues aren't just schizos and people bouncing off the walls....being so wrapped up in yourself to the point that you are in your own world, and have no feelings about anything else that is going on around you- that is a problem.
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's such a shame Tatiana has such a brilliant voice. I don't know why she sang the same song though, I'd like to have heard her sing something up tempo, maybe a Gloria Estefan song.

I think it's best for her though that she didn't get through, the strain of the competition would have gotten much for her and I wouldn't have been suprised if she'd ended up having a breakdown.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i agree with you stitch cause i don't think she would have made it thru that fardid you notice after she didn't make it thru she ran up to the judges and just lost it then? then she was gone you didn't see her after that she must have ran off stage and totally lost it and your right she sang the same song 3 times that was not good it was like that was the only song she knew and could sing? [Wink]
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I wonder what Anoop was thinking backstage when the judges were criticizing Tatiana for singing a repeat song when he was going to be singing a repeat song himself?
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
yeah i wonder too sammy!!! this is the first season where the singers are doing this? what are they thinking? it doesn't show that they can sing other types of songs that's for sure!!
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home