iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » american idol tonight!!! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: american idol tonight!!!
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she already had her chance. She isn't an undiscovered talent which is what I thoight the show was about.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She has a good voice, yeah, but I agree with Sam. I thought Idol was all about "undiscovered" or "nearly undiscovered" artists. I wanna see someone who's never had a record deal or anything.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see your point... Hmmm...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a tough one. One hand she has been signed to a label in the past, meaning she's not undiscovered. But on the other hand, she was completely unsuccessful, therefore no one has ever heard of her before.

Our current Idol, Wes Carr, was previously the singer in a side band formed by a member of Silverchair. They'd been signed to a label too, but broke up before they released anything.

The good thing about Idol is that it's up to the public. If the people who vote for Idol don't won't Joanna Paciti to have a second chance, she'll be voted out.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to like Silverchair...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
I used to like Silverchair...

When did you stop?
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far tonight Jacksonville is turning out to be even worse than San Francisco.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

When did I stop liking Silverchair? Sometime after their Frogstomp album.

Sammy I could't agree more. These Jacksonville auditions just seem so weird. The judges seem weirder than usual, too.

Why do people tell others they are talented when they really aren't? Especially parents...

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They all pretty much stunk. The one guy that was the physics major- reminded me of the Uni-Bomber. That was so weird.

My husband is from Jacksonville, FLA -I have been there many times...it is a huge city...I think over 400,000 people live there...how come they couldn't find anyone better?

Why did it look like they were making them go out the back door in to the woods?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

The second day of auditione were a little better than the first. The first and last girls on day two were both pretty good along with the guy who sang John Lennon.
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with you sammy those 3 were the best of the night the rest were pretty scary especially the 18 year old with the beard you called the uni-bomber he looked alot older then 18 and was very strange?? actually i enjoyed fringe better last night after idol it was very interesting and wierd as always!! [Smile] [Cool] [Wink]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

If this is all Idol has to offer this year I don't know how much of it I'll watch. I'm hoping that those auditions that they don't actually show--the ones where the people come out waving their tickets--were better than the ones they did show. I liked the John Lennon guy too and the girl who went and put on her makeup and came back.
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The girl last week with the kids, she was from Kentucky I think. She was amazing.. Dang what was her name??
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jacksonville episode sucked.

only a couple of people sang good,..that we saw get a ticket anyway.

isn't tonight the last of the auditions?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I think it's on again tomorrow night as well right before the season premiere of Hell's Kitchen.

But that would only make seven auditions and I thought there was supposed to be eight.

pettyfan
Member # 2260

Well I have to say I was much more impressed with tonight's contestants. So tomorrow night is the last night of auditions and next Tuesday begins Hollywood time!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt really bad for the girl who lost both of her parents, that was really sad.

I want to see what happens when the whole window falls in on everyone....that looks scary.

I just wonder why they decided they needed 4 judges , when they have been going along all this time with 3. Now it makes it even numbered, so if there are 2 that say yes and 2 that say no-how do they decide if the person gets through or not? Or do they still only need 2 votes to get through?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

The reason for the four judges is because there's rumours that Paula will be leaving the show. From what I understand that if there's a tie Simon is the tie-breaking vote.

I thought the auditions in SLC were pretty decent as a whole. Some good potential there.

buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i liked rose last night and the young blonde kid at the end sorry forgot his name should be interesting tonight love chef gordon too so i will watch hell's kitchen also. okay so what did you all think of the girl with the red hear and the black outfit at the beginning of the show? she was a doozy and that voice ? wow brutal!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just read that the louisville incident with the "be careful" guy, offended a lot of people. the phrase is normal for those who are from that area. american idol has issued an apology.

i figured it was just a misunderstanding and over reaction. but then, how would they know any better...

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Buffalo-Girl-Do you mean the girl who said...she is not depressed....she likes dressing the way she did- not to make a statement or anything- and she had one the clip on nylons- those are gross-
funny how she's not mad at the world...but she gives everyone the middle finger.

The one guy that I thought needed an attitude adjustment was the guy who darn near had a nervous breakdown when they told him he couldn't use his guitar.

Actually I did not think he sang bad...I wasn't sure why they picked on him so much....because he sang better than other people they put through....but when he came out of the room, his mom tried to hug him, and he said "don't touch me", and pushed her away. Ryan said "don't do that, that's your mom."

I thought what a brat....he was bawling and bawling all over the place, before they ever said no...and I can't take the people that don't know the meaning of the word no, and then they beg and plead and make themselves look desperate. I think you should leave with your dignity.

I didn't like the girl who they compared to Amy Winehouse- she was way too overly confident...and they always say things like...if I can't do this...then I have nothing...my life is over...

look at how many people are actors that had a hit show at one time, and it's over, and now they have to figure out a way to support themselves....I love to know when people go to college and get a real job like the kid from Weird Sciene, rather than them degrading themselves for money.

pettyfan
Member # 2260

The guitar guy Isis mentioned was just so immature, I thought. He was an okay singer. I think he brought their criticism on himself when he kept begging and begging.

What'd ya'll think of the Osmond guy? I thought he was a decent singer. Does anyone think he got in just because of who his family is?

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

i didn't like the amy winehouse chick at all either. but then, i don't really like amy winehouse.

did the osmond guy come on within the first 15 mins of the show? because i missed the beginning, thanks to the chinese take-out place i ordered from. they caused me to miss some of the show!

its on again tonight, and then HOLLYWOOD.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I missed the Osmond guy too-there were people at my house, and I couldn't see the beginning either...how was he related?

I don't like Amy Winehouse either- she's a mess.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

He's the son of Alan the oldest Osmond son. He was in a wheelchair a few years ago because he like his father suffer from MS. I felt he was a decent singer who is probably good enough to move on to the Hollywood round no matter what his last name is but he won't advance to much further.

My favourite was the 16 year old girl who was really tall and possibly a Pacific Islander?

Tha Amy Winehouse girl has some talent too.

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home