iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » american idol tonight!!! (Page 17)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: american idol tonight!!!
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Lil totally sucked. I hope she goes home. She absolutely ruined one of the greatest songs ever by going "gospel". She had no business singing that song.
Whew, Paula is going to choreograph? I just hope she stays of the pills long enough to be coherent, ha,ha!

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I almost forgot:
Congratulations to Ronnie on getting married!
and Congratulations to Sammy Hain for finding two new jobs! I used to love those pretzels, but I rarely go to the mall anymore. The little girl I used to babysit loved the cinnamon sugar pretzels-yum. [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, Pitt.

I think Lil has about ran her course on the show. Tarantino told her not to go gospel and she did it anyway. She needs to shape up or ship out.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colt 45
Master Rewinder
Member # 4940

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Colt 45   Email Colt 45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siouxsie Sam and the Hainshees:
Actually I'm working two part time jobs at the moment

In late February i started working at Auntie Anne's a pretzel making kiosk in the mall which i don't really like. Not enough hours, not that great of pay and no possibility for advancement but it's very convenient for me to get too.

On Sunday I started working at KMart as a cashier. Right now it actually pays less than my other job and I do have to take the bus to get there but I feel that in the long run it will be a much better job that has more chances to make more money and to advance plus I will get more hours. So Kmart I made my primary job and will only work at the pretzel place sparingly.

I thuoght that all the stores were closed on Sundays in North Dakota.
Posts: 124 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colt 45
Master Rewinder
Member # 4940

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Colt 45   Email Colt 45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miley Cyrus with her hair up looks like tennis player Martina Hingus.
Posts: 124 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colt 45:
I thuoght that all the stores were closed on Sundays in North Dakota.

The Blue laws have been gone for many years. I can't even remember how long ago that stores were allowed to open on Sundays.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprised that Lil wasn't the bottom vote getter and just a little less surprised that they used the save on Matt. I did feel that Matt was a lot better tonight when his butt was on the line then he performed last night.

Now that means two people are going home next week. Disco week. I think this bodes for another interesting performance from Adam.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lil should have gone home.. without the save.

i figured they would save matt.

much better job on the commercial and group song.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I was just thinking about who could do good and who could do bad during Disco week. The two that I think that could struggle the most with disco songs would be Anoop and Kris.
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree i think anoop and kris will have a tough time next week singing disco!! i was very surprised they used the save on matt myself?? i still think lil and anoop will be gone next week though i did like miley's song but her hair was a mess lol!! i can't wait to hear adam sing disco next week should be interesting!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't think kris has trouble "singing" anything. his voice is really good. but i am worried about his arrangement and song choice... i still can't wait to see him. [Wink]

however, i think anoop will definitely have a hard time after seeing his weekly ballad performances. he really needs to mix it up now.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't wait for Disco week, I love Disco.

Does anyone think they will hear some Bee Gees?

Lil should sing -I will Survive- Gloria Gaynor

Adam should sing- Le Freak-Chic

Kris could sing some Andy Gibb stuff-like Shadow Dancing (Is that Disco?)

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't wait to "see" Kris either, Ronnie. [Big Grin]

I agree that Lil should've gone home last night. I really, really think it's time for her to go.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm worried about how Allison, as a rocker girl, will cope with disco week.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think adam should sing super freak i think it would be a good choice for him!!! lol
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Tonight has been interesting so far....I"m listening to Matt right now. Stayin' Alive is such a fitting song for him lol but I don't really like his version.
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

darn it! lol petty i clicked in here to see what you wrote but i didn't realize you were already watching it! haha i better get out of here and wait until it airs in another hour over here in phoenix!!
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Lil--"I'm Every Woman" another trainwreck from her. If she can't pull off a disco song she won't pull anything off. Horribe. Goodbye. Go Home.

Kris--"She Works Hard For The Money" Interesting arrangement. I like the fact that he took a chance and tried to be original. Still not a huge fan of his but should be safe barring a stand out performance from everybody else that's left.

Danny--"September" not that bad but it sounds like everything else he's done up to this point. Will still be safe.

Allison--"Hot Stuff" like how she made a disco song into a rockin song. Not her strongest performance. Still not sure how strong her fanbase is. Hopefully will be safe. I like how Simon has really been Pimpin her the past couple weeks. I think it's becoming obvious he wants her in the final 2 with Adam.

Adam--"If I Can't Have You" another brilliant vocal performance and once again a very interesting arrangement. Slowing down a fast paced disco classic to a snails pace. Once again hits a homerun. DUH Randy, way to say what everybody has known since day one. He's been ready from the beginning.

LINE OF THE NIGHT from Ryan: Adam you melted Paula into a pool of Abdul...lol

Matt--"Stayin' Alive" not really feeling it. I was expecting more from him on disco night. Sorry Matt you are in danger. Worse than Lil if that was possible. Makes you really think they wasted that save last week.

Anoop--"Dim All The Lights" not bad at all. But doesn't do anything new. Should be safe being he was in the 'Pimp Spot"

On the cutting block--Lil, Matt, Anoop

Going Home--Matt & Lil being a double boot

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed Lil, but I saw her in the recap-I thought that was a good song choice for her.

I loved Kris...I wouldn't mind seeing him win it, I think he is adorable, and he reminds me of the guys of the 80s, because he has that clean cut look, and cute face, and nice hair, and he's built nice and dresses nice.

I actually though Anoop did pretty good, his voice never seems like it goes with him...but he's a good singer, I loved the pink shirt-I thought he looked very "80s".

I thought the song "Hot Stuff" was way too mature for Allison, she's only 16, and I just thought it was not meant for someone that young to be singing the lyrics to that song.

I didn't mind Matt singing Stayin Alive.

I love the song "September"- it's an awesome song, so I really liked that Danny picked it.

I thought that part way through "If I can't have you" that Adam would pick up the tempo a little more, but he didn't-I liked it, but I wouldn't have bawled over it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

Lil-- i missed her singing... probably didn't miss much, anyway.

Kris-- he totally wowed me with his version of this song. i love the original and i love what he did with it, great job! he's such a cutie pie [Embarrassed] .

Danny-- he sang one of my least favorite songs from one of my favorite groups. it was ok, i guess. he's not smooth like adam and kris at all. and one of those, who when he sings, he has to be in a louder pitch in order to sound good. otherwise he's pitchy.

Allison-- same thing with her.. she has to sing loud in order to sound ok. i don't like her voice. i don't want her in the bottom 2. she's boring, to me.

Adam-- ..another amazing job.

Matt-- it was ok, not mind blowing but i didn't hate.

Anoop-- meh...go home.

if matt goes home, what a waste the save was.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
lil was okay nothing great i didn't like anoop's song or kris's sorry just my opinion matt was okay him and anoop bore me actually they sing the same way every week i thought matt was a waste of a save last week myself! i would be surprised if anoop and matt don;t both go home tonight? danny was good and so was allison i think she should have picked a different song myself? adam was the best in my opinion he is the only one that is not boring!!
pettyfan
Member # 2260

LOL, sorry, Ronnie!

I love the song September (after all, it was played in my favorite movie--The Ringer!!) BUT I didn't so much like Danny's version.

I actually liked Adam tonight. Go figure.

Lil--better than last week but still not great. Needs to go.

Kris--gorgeous, hot, sexy, good arrangement, hope all my votes count [Big Grin]

Matt--love the song, didn't love him

Anoop--meh, time's up, Anoop

Allison--I liked it--she did a good job

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Twenty five minutes until showtime and I'm changing my prediction on who is going home

I still say Lil but I'm thinking Matt will stay and Anopp is going home.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I think Lil is going home.

Allison can go now too.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

quote:
Originally posted by Siouxsie Sam and the Hainshees:
Twenty five minutes until showtime and I'm changing my prediction on who is going home

I still say Lil but I'm thinking Matt will stay and Anopp is going home.

Damn I'm good
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home