iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » american idol tonight!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: american idol tonight!!!
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone watch american idol? starts tonight at 8;00 with the new judge paula has some competition she is younger and very pretty lol!!! i love simon so i will be watching it actually i just bought david cook's new cd and it is great especially lights on love that song!! FYI dee  -
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am an avid Idol watcher! The only thing is, it conflicts with NCIS. I don't really get into Idol until like the top 12 so I have time. Can't wait though! There were some good contestants last season--wonder what this season's will be like?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'll be watching!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here petty, I will watch the first few weeks' worth of shows off and on. When they get to the top twelve,then we will sit down and watch the whole show. I just wonder why some of those awful singers audition, and why their parents tell them that they can sing good? I know some just want to get on television, but why go on just to make an azz of yourself?
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It starts here tonight and I can't wait! We are only getting it a day behind the air date in the US, so big YAY!

A fact I learnt today, apparantly the new judge Kara cowrote "Spinning Around" by Kylie Minogue together with Paula Abdul.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was a pretty good show last night alot of funny singers that's for sure and kara did well as the new judge she has written alot of songs for alicia keyes and celine dion also!! okay what did you guys really think of the girl in the bikini? did you think she had a good voice? or did simon and randy let her in because of her bikini? duh!!! i give her til round 2 of the finals she will be gone!! i did like the big oil driller guy sorry i forgot his name? and the blonde girl at the beginning that sang heart nice voice can't wait to watch tonight again !!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the oil driller guy too and the girl who sang Barracuda.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were both good. I also liked the blind guy at the very end. The girl in the bikini was decent but they could have easily passed on her.

The drama queen guy with the real rocker look embarrassed himself pretty hard.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going for the girl who sang Heart's Barracuda thus far...Not only because I dig punk chicks..but also because she had a better voice than anyone else I heard on there...And yeah, the bikini bimbo didn't impress me at all..she's a joke.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i do agree with you pyromantic she was a joke along with the drama queen guy!!! i am hoping they have more women and men rocker's on tonight instead of the same ole lame music like celine dion songs etc.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was a very uncomfortable moment with the girl who was the big Kara fan and who brought her notebook of songs she wrote when she sucked pretty bad.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bikini Girl will be one of the first people out in the Hollywood round. I loved that Kara called her a bitch!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched off and on, but I missed the "rocker" guy's audition. I just caught the part where he was asking them to give him a chance, then afterward when he was crying. Was he really bad? The bikini chick wasn't a very good singer, I think Simon just let her through for some eye candy since his girlfriend broke up with him.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Rocker Drama Queen Guy wasn't horrible but he also wasn't good enough to advance.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt bad for the guy who got booted off who had the 2 girls come and do the cheer for him. Randy had said yes, and then he took it back...I thought he sang pretty good.

I like the new judge-Kara. I have never heard of her before, but she's pretty cool.

I still don't like when they make fun of people, you'd think with the girl that just killed herself in front of Paula's house-that they would tone that down, because some of those people seem extremely emotionally disturbed, and they seem ready to snap at any second.

The bikini girl actually didn't sing as bad as I thought she would...she's going to take all she can get from all of it, so why not.

I liked the girl who lost her home in the tornado and has 3 kids, she was awesome.

The man who's wife just died recently- he looked like Robert Downey Jr.-I liked him alot.

I think the blind man is going to do well.

I think so far they have alot of interesting people.

It's the only thing I watch on TV.

I liked the 2 sisters that were rapping together, the one girl was really cool -she had some cool breakdance moves and an 80s look to her, her sister was so happy for her.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
The Rocker Guy was hilarious. He was just a nerd who thought he could be a rocker by playing dressups! He didn't know how to sing rock, or act rock. I thought he looked a little like Adrian Brody but with a smaller nose actually.
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Old Rocker Guy was kinda funny..I thought he had kind of an oldschool Roger Daltry look going for him.....unfortunately I think he was trying out on the wrong show..he might have more luck on a show like "America's Got Talent."

[ 15. January 2009, 01:02: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
I'm watching night 2 right now... I loved those 2 sisters India and Asia, their rap was funny, and the one that got through was a good singer. I loved that her sister was so supportive.

The girl at the start of the show, the blonde one, I had high hopes for her because she seemed to doubt that she had talent and only auditioned because her family insisted she was good.... her family are a big bunch of cruel people, because she was terrible. I felt sorry for her.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i too liked the young lady with the 3 kids and hubby she has a good voice and didn't even realize it reminds me of fantasia actually, i also liked danny he had a good voice and the big guy with the bald head and beard and the one that his wife just passed away i think he could sing some good rock songs or alternative music too i will be tuned in tuesday for sure!!
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever happened to the brilliant Irish girl, was it Carly??
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
good question i really liked her i wanted her to go far she had a great voice i forgot her last name though? i was glad that david cook won instead of david archiletta his new cd is very good and his song lights on was number one for weeks!! nice to look at too of course lol
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
good question i really liked her i wanted her to go far she had a great voice i forgot her last name though? i was glad that david cook won instead of david archiletta his new cd is very good and his song lights on was number one for weeks!! nice to look at too of course lol

Oh you cradle snatcher you!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
yes i am jack my hubby is 6 months younger then me too lol!!!
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Oh behave... [Big Grin]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stitch-I thought the same thing about the blonde girl, she was really pretty, but couldn't sing at all, and that was kind of sad.

I can't believe how confident alot of the people are.

I can't believe how many people lose their minds and bawl and scream. What is messed up about the whole thing, is even the weirdo people-if they do something crazy-people are going to remember it, and this show has the biggest audience you'll ever have- even as a singer-you have all of the world watching-nobody ever gets that, even at a concert-even if your the biggest performer on the planet-so I can't imagine how scary that can be for someone who has never done anything like that ever.

Jason Castro's brother wasn't great...but I never understood how Jason made it as far as he did.

You never see these people ever again. Which is sad, since there hardly is anyone good in the music industry. Even the 2nd runner up is usually never seen again I haven't seen Taylor Hicks on anything since he won.

You see the same old people on the cover of every magazine, where are all these people? You never see them on the cover of anything.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home