iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Claim to fame

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Claim to fame
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone appeared on TV or in a film, in any capacity? Perhaps you've been on the news, or been an extra in a film or tv show, or even on a game show or reality show.

My only claim to fame came in 1996, I was interviewed by the local TV station during Adult Education week, as I had returned to part time study to challenge myself, and they wanted to speak to the top student in the class - which happened to be English. Naturally when the camera was on I got so nervous I turned into a blithering idiot, and instead of appearing as an intelligent, articulate student, I became Cletus the slack jawed yokel!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never been on TV in any capacity(except home movies of course). I have been in the newspapers for various sports stories throughout the years.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, back in the late 80s, my church had a series of special events around a visit from some American Evangelists called "The Power Team", who were guys who were all preachers, but also they were also body-builders, strong-men, martial arts experts and the like. So they would do breaking Ice Blocks with their heads, inflating hot water bottles until they burst just by blowing in them, that sort of stuff.

We did some music as well, and I was drumming for all the meetings. A couple of them were filmed, and we found out afterweards that they went out on network TV across the states, and got picked up by all the major networks for news articles as well. So I guess I've been seen drumming by a percentage of the global population large enough to actually write down as a percentage!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few years ago VH1 Classic had an all request weekend where they mentioned my name a couple times for requesting videos.

Thanks to me people got to see Motley Crue's "Kickstart My Heart" and The Plasmatics' "The Damned" that weekend.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I was an extra in ED was few years ago.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in a movie once.
It was called The Erotic Adventures of an 80's icon.. I had a BIG part.. [Wink]

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
your something else jack!!!! when michael mcdonald came here this summer to artpark they were filming the whole concert for a dvd and hubby and i and 2 of my friends were in the front row and they kept coming back to us cause of course we were singing and dancing to every song he sang lol so if michael comes out with a new dvd soon and you see a couple of blonde girls in the front row i am the one with the short spiked hair lol dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My only claim to fame was when I was interviewed by the local news when I was younger. I sounded like such a corn dog! They were asking me questions about Space Camp (yes nerd here) winning the scholarship to go through my school.

That was my only speaking claim to fame. There have been a few panning shots of me at sporting events...but only I can pick them out!

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in a load of official concert music dvds...always front-row...too many to list

and for you rock and metal heads....My name was mentioned on Blabbermouth.com next to Dimebag's name once...that was cool for me cuz that website is viewed all over the world by metal fans

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow eddie very cool dimebag was great miss his music!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was an extra in the film "Ladybird Ladybird"

I was on the tele once...shaking hands with Prince Charles at my school...

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I was at the radio station, they are backing me on the Egg Hunt, I can't believe this but the Airport I am having it at- they have a Skydiving School there- they are going to skydive in for the Egg Hunt, my own brother is going to tandem sky dive ...he's never done it ever, and I said I'd get him hooked up to do it, they said they would take him...they also gave me a free gift certificate to give away for a free skydiving tandem jump...which I am so psyched about because someone who might not have been able to afford it will get to now.

I just got a ton of prizes that people called me to donate, and I have tons of organizations and friends helping with it. I have 4 easter Bunnies, 2 Chickens and a Goose- and a minor league baseball team Mascot coming. It's crazy. The radio station is owned by a Tv station, and they want to come film it. they asked if I would come do an interview for the radio station, last year I made my friend go-he's the local principal-but they think I should do it too, I have to think about it.

I have been on Tv before. Actually I was on the Local News in Baltimore, MD, with Joanna Cameron (the real Isis)....they were doing a commerical for the Convention she was at, and she told me to get in front of the camera, and they put us on the News together. My friend found the clip, and sent it to me on a DVD-so I actually have it.

I was the first Big Brother/Big Sister match for the town I use to live in...and they filmed me and my little sister meeting, and then after that..they asked me to make a commercial for them...so I did that.

I don't like doing that kind of stuff. I get asked by women's groups to do public speaking about my business...I have done a couple of them....but I don't like it.

I have been in the newspaper countless times, even when I was a kid...I was in the paper alot.
My business gets me in the paper constantly now.
I did a huge interview about it when I first opened. It was 2 pages long, that was pretty cool. I still have people that tell me they remembered seeing that article.

The coolest thing though to me was going to New York, and being filmed on Caroline's Comedy Hour. We were in the audience, but that was cool- because my friend was the comedian they were filming, and he said my name on TV.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drank a beer with Dave Grohl of Nirvana/Foo Fighters fame that's bout it for me.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

I was an extra in ED was few years ago.

We are DEVO

That was a really good show. I can't believe they canceled it after only 4 seasons. The lead Ed (Tom Cavanagh) has a new show called Trust Me coming out January 26th on TNT:
http://www.tnt.tv/series/trustme/

It looks good...

- jdocster [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home