iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Mobile (cell) phones (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mobile (cell) phones
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuy Sammy Hain:
It's against the law in some states but most don't have any laws prohibiting talking on a cell phone while driving. However more and more have passed laws or are trying to do so.

And talking on the phone whilst driving is illegal here as well. That's a whole other issue than talking whilst standing in a store though. Until they make THAT illegal, then it will simply be an essential part of life for some, and an annoyance for others.

btw I have two cellphones - does that mean I can be doubly annoying? If so, please can someone point me in the direction of the nearest store?

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my old cell phone,i think you get my point [Karate Kid]

-

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't you just put it on silent?
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bandit, I used to have that same phone. Only mine was red. For us peeps here in the U.S., cell phones and coverage were quite expensive in the 1990's. The only people I knew who had cell phones were people who had their own business or whose job paid for the phone. My cell phone plan wanted to charge us $40 a month extra for text messaging, which was a no for us. If I need to talk to someone, I just call them and if they can't answer, it's not a big deal. I just leave a message and talk to them when they are able. I do have a friend who would call my home phone first, then if I didn't answer, she'd call my cell phone. Well, if I dont' answer my cell phone, it means I'm in the basement on my computer. She asked me why I wouldn't have my cell phone down here in the basement with me? WTF- I told her that normally people do not get a signal underground that I know of. And then when I didn't answer the phones, she would email 600 times until I called her back for her "emergency", which was usually did I want to go to lunch in 3 days! I think she got the message when I stopped taking all of her calls and didn't respond to the emails either. she is another text addict too.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sadly enough, my phone is like a third arm to me. I always have it with me, always texting, calling, surfing the web, sending IM's, listening to music. I try not to be rude about it in public, though I am sure one time or another I have been. Sorry! Luckily my phone is provided by my job. There is only one problem I have with it. I never do the most crucial thing...charge it!
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home