iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » New Year's Resolutions (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Year's Resolutions
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dad does the toothpick thing too.

We were talking about it when he was here the other day.

Do you guys remember those toothpicks that were cinnamon flavored?

We were trying to remember who made them. I think people use to make them at home.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are made with cinnamon oil. My husband, ever the schemer as a child, used to sell them in school.
My grandfather used to chew Mail Pouch tobacco forever!

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In case you guys were wondering, this is day 3 with no cigarettes for me. The suffering is as bad and real as you can imagine. I had no idea how much smoking suppresses the appetite. Now I am also starving all the time and have to force myself to not eat as well. This is pure agony and a very good method to use if you ever need to torture someone. Anyway, I'm sticking with it.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awesome! I think once you get through the withdrawals, that's the worst- physically- because once you get the nicotine out of your system -it only takes some days. The worst part (people say) is breaking the routine-habit. That's why people gain weight too, they substitute food for cigarettes, then you have to break that habit, so chew gum.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
That's awesome! I think once you get through the withdrawals, that's the worst- physically- because once you get the nicotine out of your system -it only takes some days. The worst part (people say) is breaking the routine-habit. That's why people gain weight too, they substitute food for cigarettes, then you have to break that habit, so chew gum.

Wish it was that easy. This will take far more than days. Probably weeks or months. Like I said, if you never smoked before, you can't even fathom how bad this is and makes you feel....dizzy, lightheaded, paniced, depressed, shaky, starving, plus more.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stitch and 80's...I can't imagine that giving up CocaCola would be that hard...now...giving up Pepsi...that would be a challenge [Wink]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Kevdug-I am with you all the way on the Pepsi habit. I love Pepsi. I actually do want to quit drinking as much of it as I do...you get headaches from coming off caffeine too.

I honestly have never attempted to quit anything. I have never been on a diet ever either.

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Wish it was that easy. This will take far more than days. Probably weeks or months. Like I said, if you never smoked before, you can't even fathom how bad this is and makes you feel....dizzy, lightheaded, paniced, depressed, shaky, starving, plus more.

Hang in there buddy. You can do it!!! It takes about 7 days for the craving to die down... Till then, drink tea (iced or hot) when you want to smoke, eat anything with mint in it (mint candies etc). Mint settles the stomach and hunger pains as well as helps with nicotine cravings. Just try it... DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL for a while!!!

You can do it, but YOU GOTTA WANT IT!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
Hang in there buddy. You can do it!!! It takes about 7 days for the craving to die down... Till then, drink tea (iced or hot) when you want to smoke, eat anything with mint in it (mint candies etc). Mint settles the stomach and hunger pains as well as helps with nicotine cravings. Just try it... DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL for a while!!!

You can do it, but YOU GOTTA WANT IT!!! [Big Grin]

Thanks for the tips Jdoc. First off though, it is now almost 6 days and there is no improvement at all with the cravings. I'm still suffering bad. I think it will never go away, ever! As far as drinking tea....I don't. Will try the mints. Alcohol....that actually helps believe it or not. I used to smoke like a chimney when I drank beer too, but now it helps to have a full stomach. The starvation for food is still worse than the cigarette cravings. Anyways, the torture continues. I'll give another update soon. This might be a cool documentary.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Don't starve yourself...snack on stuff...healthy stuff...like strawberries and raw vegetables, trail mix, yogurt- then you don't have to worry about gaining all the weight...and you won't have an empty stomach.

Hang in there!

EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never made a resolution. Don't know why. Just never had. I hope everyone is successful with theirs!
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EleanorJune:
I have never made a resolution. Don't know why. Just never had. I hope everyone is successful with theirs!

Yours could be to start making resolutions.. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
OK, figured I'd give an update with the non-smoking. It's been 18 days now and still going strong. Not even one puff. Do I still crave? Yes, but it is slightly better. Last week was absolute torture. I did start chewing gum which helps. I really hate it though and my jaw is sore by the time I go to bed, but I think the worst is behind me now. Thanks again to all of you who were behind me the whole way. Most of my own family doubted me and said I could never do this. It just made me want it more and shove it in their faces.

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stick with it 80'sRocked... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
Stick with it 80'sRocked... [Big Grin]

I am my friend. I'm done for good! Did you smoke once and quit? Sounds like you know what I am going through.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Way to go, that is so awesome. Good for you!!!
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proving your family wrong is always one of the best motivations. I hope they are proud of you though.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yup, smoked for years, quit... 10 years later started again, quit... Smoke occasional now but that's over soon as well. Can take em' or leave em'. Might as well leave em'.

...hang in there... [Smile]

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Perfect time as any to bump this!

I can't believe it's been 2 years since I wrote all this and quit smoking.... not a single cigarette since!

Anybody feel like sharing their resolutions for this year? None for me.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go on giving up the smokes, 80sRocked! I'm on month five myself.

New Year's resolution: Try not to put myself in a situation where I will have to commit manslaughter. That usually means to avoid strip malls, any bar that has country line dancing, and the non-Mel Brooks films of Dom DeLuise. :-)

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Now able to scratch the BOTTOM of my belly...check.
2. Causes slight pain and nausea to tie my shoes...check.
3. Out of breath if climbing more than 10 stairs...check.
4. Plead with my four year old to pull ME back to the top of the snow hill...check.
5. Time to eat better and exercise a bit more...CHECK!

* I know...the classic age old New Year's Resolution...but unfortunatley...very necessary. I'm 6 ft tall, so hold the 210 lbs OK...but now aiming for 195ish....I'm 37 and a very good Dad, so time to take this job more serious and ensure I'm there for my boy for as long as possible. May sound a bit extreme for the sake of 15 lbs...but, I don't know about where you guys live...people are dropping like flies around here.

* Congrats to 80's and Crash on kicking your smoke habit....

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home