iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » what type of presents did you buy for your loved ones?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what type of presents did you buy for your loved ones?
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey guys so what goodies did you buy for your loved ones?
my mom i got her a charm watch. zebra sheets for her bed and a zebra cookie jar [Smile]
my dad i got him the american dad season one. tx longhorn jersey and a beer light for there bar room [Wink]
my sister some clothes and a hello kitty tote bag
my bro a wii game and the movie super bad
my sis inlaw two sweaters
my nephew a jungle play set
and for my hubby video games cds guy stuff

Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always ask my parents what they want and get them whatever they ask for. For my grandma I'm just getting flannel gowns...she can't even get out of bed, so at least those are something she can use.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For my mom I got her:

A Bread Machine, and a Bread Machine cookbook,
a Hallmark ornament (she collects them), the DVD-The Good earth, DVD-Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte.
A pair of long underwear-because she walks our dog at night in the park, in the freezing cold.

I got my husband- dress clothes for work, Isotoner gloves, and a really nice Bathrobe.

My son-The Guitar Hero world tour Band edition, video games, some movies and the AC/DC -Black Ice CD, and clothes.

I have about 10 friends I buy for.

Plus, my brother-in-law and his family, my brother and his family, my Dad and my stepmother.

It goes on and on. I am done though, I just need to finish wrapping everything.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got my mom the only thing she asked me for, the remastered version of Miracle on 34th street DVD, I also am going to get her an Audrey Hepburn calendar. More gifts to come if I can make it out tonight in this snowstorm!
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bought my wife a couple sweaters, a wallet (or whatever girls call it), DVD (Anne of Green Gables), 2 Willow Tree ornaments, two books, robe, PJs, and a few other small gifts....she also bought a coat from Old Navy...and said I got it for her for Christmas...fair game...I do that all the time!

For our two year old son, Santa's bringing and Elmo and Grover doll, some Diego stuff, lots of books and movies, a soccer ball, a giant teddy bear, a cheap keyboard piano so he'll stop banging on his Mom's, and some other ditty's. We try not to go overboard, but are not very good at it. We do sponser a family each year to offset our own greedyness.....

We also buy for our parents, 9 nieces and nephews, and several friends. For the record...i don't have as much money as it may seem [Frown]

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bought Egg Shen some cool shades..
Wang is getting Gamblin for Dummies..
Eddie Lee can have a voucher for Calvin Klein and Gracie, she gets undies.. [Wink]

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
our daughter is getting
an elmo giggle chair
fisher price abc blocks
a cookie monster sound book iwht cookie monster beanie baby
tickle me cookie monster
bath toys
strawberry shortcake sweet dreams movie
a shopping cart that lights up and sings it helps with walking and balance
my little pony sleepy time doll
christmas weebles
those are the goodies she is getting

Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've bought -

for my mum - Andre Rieu DVDs
for my dad - a camping washing machine
for both - an outdoor garden clock
for my sister - an ipod speaker dock
for my nana - large print crossword books
for my brother - a beer mug with a bell on it so he can annoy his wife!
for my sister in law - a diffuser set
for my partner Sean - a chocolate fondue set and a set of vouchers for massages and manicures.

I love Christmas morning because I get to watch everyone enjoy opening their presents, I get a lot more fun out of that than I do from recieving (that's not to say I don't love recieving)

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A weekend spa retreat for my special someone.
Gift cards for distant family and friends.
An HDTV for my mom for the bedroom.
Tickets to next year's Coca-Cola 600 race (I hope they are still racing by then with this bailout mess lol) and digital camera for my dad.

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hubby got a new rifle and scope, so that's his present. He also wants a pair of canvas chaps for when he goes hunting in the spring and fall, because he walks through a lot of jaggers in the brush, but they were out of his size in the catalog that we order his stuff from. I got some clothes and some other stuff. Oh, I also bought him Call of Duty World at War for his Xbox 360- the graphics are awesome- it looks like a movie. He has Call of Duty 2, 3 and 4 already. I am hoping to pick up a new coat too at Macy's next week, so that will be another gift from him, ha,ha.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
I always ask my parents what they want and get them whatever they ask for. For my grandma I'm just getting flannel gowns...she can't even get out of bed, so at least those are something she can use.

Hey pettyfan, your Grandma may like a bedjacket also. They are nice for someone who is in bed alot, they keep you warm up top, but they aren't so bulky like a full-length robe. I bought one for my grandmother when she was in the nursing home and she loved it for the spring and fall in the cool evenings.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I finally found work just this past week after having not worked since May and oficially unemployed since August my family has insisted that I don't buy any gifts thie year. So I guess I'm going to be a Scrooge and just be on the receiving end this year.

Probably for the best since money has been extremely tight for me for quite awhile it will give me a chance to hopefully start building up my finances once again. Also the job I found is through a temp agency with the potential of turning into full time but nothings a guarantee at the moment. Hoping it turns into a full-time gig it seems like a pretty decent place from what I've seen so far. It's for a Customer Service Rep at a Call center where the account I'm on at the moment is for pre-paid cell phones. I'm just hoping that I'll do a good enough job that they'll keep me on so I can either stick with this account or get moved over to another account. There's six total. So far I've just been there two days and it's all been classroom training with us going live on the phones a few days before Christmas. What I've seen of the whole call center is that it's a very laid back place to work. I can pretty much wear what I want as long as it isn't too provacative or if it's a tee shirt that promotes drugs or alcohol otherwise it looks like anything else is pretty much fair game.

But yeah unfortunately I won't be a Santa Claus this year.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great Sammy. Best of luck with the new job.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember Sammy...being Santa is not always about money...just doing something nice for a loved one means a lot...just being around family is what it's all about....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on the new job Sammy, I hope you enjoy it, and I hope they enjoy you!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everybody. Hopefully if it becomes a full-time gig I might eventually post a picture of my cubicle once I personalize it [Big Grin]
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's good news, Sam. Hope everything works out!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Good luck Sammy on the new job. I hope it turns out to be alright.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuy Sammy Hain:
Since I finally found work just this past week after having not worked since May and oficially unemployed since August my family has insisted that I don't buy any gifts thie year. So I guess I'm going to be a Scrooge and just be on the receiving end this year.

Probably for the best since money has been extremely tight for me for quite awhile it will give me a chance to hopefully start building up my finances once again. Also the job I found is through a temp agency with the potential of turning into full time but nothings a guarantee at the moment. Hoping it turns into a full-time gig it seems like a pretty decent place from what I've seen so far. It's for a Customer Service Rep at a Call center where the account I'm on at the moment is for pre-paid cell phones. I'm just hoping that I'll do a good enough job that they'll keep me on so I can either stick with this account or get moved over to another account. There's six total. So far I've just been there two days and it's all been classroom training with us going live on the phones a few days before Christmas. What I've seen of the whole call center is that it's a very laid back place to work. I can pretty much wear what I want as long as it isn't too provacative or if it's a tee shirt that promotes drugs or alcohol otherwise it looks like anything else is pretty much fair game.

But yeah unfortunately I won't be a Santa Claus this year.

Wow Sammy! Good for you man... I hope it works out for you.

- Best wishes -

- jdocster

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if I told everyone here, it wouldn't be much of a surprise on Christmas, would it?
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home