iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Bowling (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Bowling
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good- now we just need a few more mommas to join us. And maybe a papa! You in, Jack? We'll let you drink til you LIKE it!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80s Rocked, your story sounds like the Linklater movie that never was, it was either that or 'Dazed & Confused'. I used to play sometimes, never too well, the weights if I rememebr were 16, 10, 8 and 6 (for the ladies) [Wink]

'The Big Lebowski' sucks. 'Kingpin' forever [Cool]

[ 05. December 2008, 14:41: Message edited by: Kash ]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
King Pin rocked Kash! Remember the movie Greedy with Michael J. Fox? He took lessons from pro bowlers for weeks to prepare for that film.

The ball weight can be whatever you want up to 16 pounds. You will rarely find one under 6 pounds though.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jack Burton:
Now thats what I'm talkin about!! [Big Grin]

Really though, what is with all the pads?

Lacrosse=Hurling with pads...
Football=Rugby with pads..
Ice Hockey= Hurling on ice with pads...

I'm amazed they don't put helmets on the Basketball guys!! [Big Grin]

That's a misconception comparing "Football=Rugby with pads". Rugby is a different game. While it's very tough and brutal at times, you don't have any 6'5 350lb guys trying to rip your head off then sit on your chest. Also, look at how hard they hit each other. Helmet to helmet contact at full speed. Concussions are common. It's like comparing Baseball to Cricket. Completely different. Don't get me wrong, I think these are all very good sports. [Smile]

Pass me a pint mate... [Wink]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
Good- now we just need a few more mommas to join us. And maybe a papa! You in, Jack? We'll let you drink til you LIKE it!

I'm in. Only if it's naked Bowling.. [Wink]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a misconception comparing "Football=Rugby with pads". Rugby is a different game. While it's very tough and brutal at times, you don't have any 6'5 350lb guys trying to rip your head off then sit on your chest. Also, look at how hard they hit each other. Helmet to helmet contact at full speed. Concussions are common. It's like comparing Baseball to Cricket. Completely different. Don't get me wrong, I think these are all very good sports. [Smile]

Pass me a pint mate... [Wink] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Ok fair point. But Martin Johnson was 6ft 10ins and dropped a lot of padlees people on their heads!! As does Paul O Connell 6ft 8ins!!

But yeah, the NFL boys are huge.

Heres that pint pal..

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 -

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhhh, a perfect 55 degrees... [Big Grin]

Wow! I didn't realize you had guys that big...

"Martin Johnson was 6ft 10ins and dropped a lot of padlees people on their heads!! As does Paul O Connell 6ft 8ins!!"

[Eek!]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
Ahhhhh, a perfect 55 degrees... [Big Grin]

Had one in the Hotel in London the weekend. The little Asian guy behind the bar poured it in one go... [Frown]

It wasn't the worst I've ever had but it stunk.
Went on Heineken after that!! [Big Grin]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jDocster,

There is a move in Rugby(Union & League) called the 'Spear Tackle' - that's where a group of players(or sometimes an individual player) pick up a player and drill him into the ground. It's an illegal move, but it still happens.

Have a look at this:

New Zealand v South Africa - Spear Tackle

and this:

Brian O'Driscoll v New Zealand

New Zealand are dirty c**ts [Mad]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
jDocster,

There is a move in Rugby(Union & League) called the 'Spear Tackle' - that's where a group of players(or sometimes an individual player) pick up a player and drill him into the ground. It's an illegal move, but it still happens.

Have a look at this:

New Zealand v South Africa - Spear Tackle

and this:

Brian O'Driscoll v New Zealand

New Zealand are dirty c**ts [Mad]

Ah yes, the spear tackle. Nasty to say the least..

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Those are some tough guys! Someone always has to cheat and screw things up.
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80'sRocked,

I actually just went bowling today! Sadly my highest game was 135. I'm not the best, but I have fun doing it! I found out that I bowl better when I sing The Beatles. [Smile]

I just hate the 7-pin, since I'm a lefty. Ha!

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by YourEyesCanBeSoCruel:
80'sRocked,

I actually just went bowling today! Sadly my highest game was 135. I'm not the best, but I have fun doing it! I found out that I bowl better when I sing The Beatles. [Smile]

I'm also a lefty!!
Nice!! [Big Grin]

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
You gotta let go of the ball!!!

-

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I'm a righty and the 7-pin was always my toughest. 10-pin was no problem.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr Jack Burton,

YAY! I'm not the only lefty!

But I DO let go of the ball...I've seen someone almost do that though, they just didn't hang on quite That long.

I also had a friend somehow slip as she threw her ball and she wound up by the arrows in the lane. That was some pretty dandy entertainment... [Smile]

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Mr Jack Burton,

YAY! I'm not the only lefty!

But I DO let go of the ball...I've seen someone almost do that though, they just didn't hang on quite That long.

I also had a friend somehow slip as she threw her ball and she wound up by the arrows in the lane. That was some pretty dandy entertainment... [Smile]

You know they say us lefty's are more creative than our righty counterparts. Its true, a lot of great folks were leftys.. I'll make a list in a sec.. [Wink]
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
So as I was sayin..
Famous Leftys..
Joan of Arc, Leonardo Da Vinci, Michaelangelo, Ronald Reagan, Napolean and Jack The Ripper...
Maybe forget that last guy..!! [Big Grin]

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Righty's rule baby.... YEAH!!!!
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Righty's rule baby.... YEAH!!!!

Do you want me to set Jack on you, do ya?? [Big Grin]

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
I think I can take ya.... I have, cat-like speed and reflexes... [Big Grin]
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
I think I can take ya.... I have, cat-like speed and reflexes... [Big Grin]

You are the Snake to my Mongoose, or is that the Mongoose to my Snake, I don't know I'm not good with animals.. [Big Grin]

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
[Karate Kid] [Karate Kid] [Karate Kid]
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
uh oh. This seems like a secret war that's starting to bubble to the surface...Interesting. I'm really intrigued on how this will turn out.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home