iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Bowling (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Bowling
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went Bowling on Saturday night with my family and some friends. It was fun. I haven't bowled since last year. I did horrible. But, it was alot of fun. Does anyone bowl on a league? I have to take my son to bowl 15 games as part of his gym class.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suck at bowling. Fairly well rounded as far as sports go, and pretty good at most, but, for whatever reason, put me in a bowling alley....left hand gutter ball 60% of the time! Still fun though...and I keep trying.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow ISIS. You've only been away a few days and I'm already having trouble keeping up.

Bowling was my life for the longest time. I started when I was 10. Worked in a bowling alley for 5 years and got pretty good. Traveled around for tournaments, bowled in 5 leagues a week and made some pretty good cash doing it. Bowled a perfect game in sanctioned play in 1993. I threw 17 strikes in a row that night. The beer helped!....my nerves that is. [Big Grin]

Here's my 300 ring:

-

This is from my 290:

-

[ 03. December 2008, 04:21: Message edited by: 80'sRocked ]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to bowl in leagues. I bowled for about five years on Saturday mornings in my grade school and junior high years. Then joined a summer league in 1988 with some friends I knew in college. Considering the amount of years that I wasn't in a league I was pretty pleased to have finished with an average around 165.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Wow ISIS. You've only been away a few days and I'm already having trouble keeping up.

Bowling was my life for the longest time. I started when I was 10. Worked in a bowling alley for 5 years and got pretty good. Traveled around for tournaments, bowled in 5 leagues a week and made some pretty good cash doing it. Bowled a perfect game in sanctioned play in 1993. I threw 17 strikes in a row that night. The beer helped!....my nerves that is. [Big Grin]
Here's my ring:

-

so what happened to your bowling career? Hopefully you didn't get Munsoned [Big Grin]
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuy Sammy Hain:
so what happened to your bowling career? Hopefully you didn't get Munsoned [Big Grin]

Haha Sammy. I was young back then and working nights at the bowling alley. It paid really bad and I needed to grow up and get a real job to have some kind of career. I worked from 5pm til 1am. Closed shop and then the partying began. Out for the rest of the night doing God knows what....finally getting to sleep at about 7am. Would get up at 4pm and do it all again. When I finally got a real job with normal hours, I just couldn't stay up late, bowling and partying anymore. It was a tough adjustment I must say. Plus....when you bowl some 200 games a week(including practice), it feels more like a job than fun anyway. It was a great time in my life though.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love 10 pin bowling but I really really suck at it. I'm happy if I get over 100!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still granny bowl...My sole purpose of bowling, is to make the people I am with feel better about themselves!
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm awful when it comes to bowling... i still have fun though. i participate in all the dance contests and i love eating the food. bowling and drinking beer is quite fun too!

i love the cosmic bowling!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
bowling and drinking beer

....the two go hand in hand. [Big Grin]

Sounds like I could give most of you guys a couple tips:

Tip 1 - If you want to bowl well, you MUST buy your own ball that is drilled to fit your hand properly.

Tip 2 - Use the heaviest ball that you can handle. More weight = better pin action. The heaviest legal weight is 16 pounds....use it if you can.

Tip 3 - Don't look at the pins when you release the ball. Use the arrows and dots on the lane for aiming. Just roll the ball on that spot.

That's enough for now, good luck.

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to hang out at the bowling alley and drink beer and play pinball. The food wasn't too bad. Oh, I used to bowl on occasion as well... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only gone bowling three times in mylife. I find it fun for the first 4-5 frames, then after that I'm like, Let's go get some more beer or go to the bar. I guess my attention span is somewhat like a 3 year old's. I hated it in gym class too. We actually bowled in the gym. I dunno, I guess it's an acquired taste. The beer part I love though!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way I eat or drink at the nearest bowling alley. It costs $3 for a can of Coke!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do like bowling, I'll admit ("It's a great sport, and it's virtually impossible to get pregnant while doing it, if you catch my drift, Tia."), although I don't get out as much as I'd probably like. Don't anyone here feel that bad; I'm not the best either; when I was younger I hit gutter balls every other turn, although I have improved considerably since then.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did bowling my senior year. I was the only left-handed bowler on the girls team. (The guys had one lefty too.)

80'sRocked,
You kind of just reminded me of my one bowling coach...I was constantly missing my marks (and the seven pin...) But! I do have my own tipped ball and I can get a pretty good hook with it sometymes.

It sucks that our bowling centre just went to synthetic lanes. I was SOOO used to the old ones. (Sad face ensues.)

Oh and I finally played Wii bowling! It's weird when you hold the controller left handed but your little character has the ball in it's right hand.

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
I was young back then and working nights at the bowling alley. It paid really bad and I needed to grow up and get a real job to have some kind of career. I worked from 5pm til 1am. Closed shop and then the partying began. Out for the rest of the night doing God knows what....finally getting to sleep at about 7am. Would get up at 4pm and do it all again. When I finally got a real job with normal hours, I just couldn't stay up late, bowling and partying anymore. It was a tough adjustment I must say. Plus....when you bowl some 200 games a week(including practice), it feels more like a job than fun anyway. It was a great time in my life though.

80'sRocked, your real name isn't Bill Conrad is it? That was a totally awesome party you threw last night.

And Sam....that was hilarious!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by YourEyesCanBeSoCruel:
I did bowling my senior year. I was the only left-handed bowler on the girls team.

Sweet YourEyes. I was always so jealous of the lefty's. You must realize the advantage you have. Cool that you were into it. I can throw a pretty mean hook myself. I actually can bowl left handed too. Used to practice it when I was bored.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
80'sRocked, your real name isn't Bill Conrad is it? That was a totally awesome party you threw last night.

Funny Valley. Where's your bowling stories? Everyone surely has bowling memories.
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hate Bowling. I suck at it. It's another weird American sport like Baseball and Lacrosse. I'll never get it.. [Frown]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

How can you not get Lacrosse??!!!
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry honey, it's so weird. I just don't get it. I mean, why not just lose all the padding and get down to the real deal. Try Hurling!! [Wink]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

In my league all you wore was a mouth guard!
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Now thats what I'm talkin about!! [Big Grin]

Really though, what is with all the pads?

Lacrosse=Hurling with pads...
Football=Rugby with pads..
Ice Hockey= Hurling on ice with pads...

I'm amazed they don't put helmets on the Basketball guys!! [Big Grin]

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love to bowl. I SUCK, mind you. But i love it. The thing I dug is it was something we could do WITH the kids and everyone had fun.

The funny thing is the MORE I drink, the BETTER I bowl!

When I was a kid my mother was on a league with a bunch of other mothers. I think thats pretty cool (the bowling alley had a Day Care section, by the way) - You get to go out with the girls and gossip and play around for an hour or so....and really, what TROUBLE are you getting into? (Unless you drink like a fish, which they didnt).

I WISH I knew a bunch of mothers I could bowl with!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

I would bowl with you mamamiasweetpeaches!
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home