iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Worst TV shows ever.... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Worst TV shows ever....
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I don't mean shows that was bad and got cancelled for it. But truly awful shows that for some mindbogling reason just kept going and going despite their overall suckiness! New or old. And reality shows don't count, they more or less all suck ***!

1: 7th Heaven.... no contest! This is bar non, hands down, no sh!t the worst pile of dog vomit to ever hit the airwaves! You just wanna kill yourself and all the people in the show after five seconds! Who writes this putrid garbage?!

2: Dr. Quinn-Medicine Woman... whoever had the idea of mixing white liberal guilt, nauseating political correctness and the wild west, should be dragged out and shot... western style! Guess what morons... PC was a hundred years away, so this show makes less sense than Anne Heche's alien autobiography!

3: Baywatch.... yes im a man, and I like bouncing boobies as much as the next guy! But averaging about 3-4 protracted music montages an episode, to make up for lack of storyline, is not a good show! And how many times can you watch these idiots save some retard from drowning, dismantle a nuclear device with their special lifeguard skills or helping some handicapped kid overcome his/her fear of water.... not many!

There are many other bad ones, new or old. But these three takes the cake as far as I am concerned!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
small wonders is the worst tv show ever made. nothing can top it.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seinfeld--I just never got what the big deal was about Seinfeld.

Saved by the Bell--I was probably the only teenage girl in America who didn't love SBTB. The characters were just so damn annoying.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with you guys on 7th Heaven and Seinfeld, and I add "Everyone loves Raymond". The rest of the cast were entertaining, but I hated Raymond!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm soooooo with petty on Seinfeld. I never thought any of it was funny. Larry David was definitely right when he said it was a show about nothing. It amazes me how so many people are obsessed with it. I also agree on Everybody Loves Raymond. I actually like Brad Garrett but honestly never found Ray Romano funny.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are killing me with Seinfeld. [Eek!] It is my all-time favorite comedy....not that there's anything wrong with that. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate Everybody Loves Raymond. That Patricia Heaton woman is so vile! My hubby and I tried to watch it for like 10 minutes two different times, jsut to see what all the hype was about. It totally sucked, all it was about was the woman nagging her husband. Seinfeld was just okay for me. Some shows were funny, some weren't.
One of the worst shows (you guys are probably going to kill me) was That 80's Show. It was not funny at all. How they could make That 70's Show funny (in the first few years,after that I quit watching) and then spew out crap like that was beyond me.
I'm going to have to think on this one. I know there are many more that I hated.

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always liked Frank on Everybody Loves Raymond. The show had its funny moments, but it was never one of my favorites. Pittsburghgirl, That 80s Show was really dumb. It's no wonder it didn't last.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
I'm with you guys on 7th Heaven and Seinfeld, and I add "Everyone loves Raymond". The rest of the cast were entertaining, but I hated Raymond!

I´m with you Stitch.
I mean, where are the jokes?

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this thread and right away 7th Heaven popped in my mind. Touched By An Angel was pretty awful too.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't there another preachy show called Cristy or Crissie or something like that? I know i remember my mother-in-law and brother-in-law watching it, and my hubby and I would leave mother-in-law's house as soon as it came on. They always liked to watch crap like that. They loved Dr. Quinn, ugh!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Family Matters (Urkel got old after the first episode and each episode always followed a pattern. One of the kids would do something bad, you'd think the world was gonna end (i.e., Little House of the Prairie, Full House,etc..) and 2 minutes before the show went off all the world's problems were solved. Also The Waltons (sorry to any fans). My cousin and I were forced to watch The Waltons when we'd spend the night at our grandmother's. Always took like the last 10 minutes of the show for all of them to say good night to each other...........

[ 29. November 2008, 18:10: Message edited by: MotleyRulz ]

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now I'd vouch for Two and a Half Men. Sheen and Cryer are good actors, but why they'd sign up for something that is the very definition of flat is beyond me. How this has managed to last so long I don't know; Cop Rock would have been more entertaining to watch, and we know how high on many people's worst shows lists THAT would probably be.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't agree with Seinfeld at all. if you can't laugh at that, then consider receiving a funny bone transplant. Never could watch Seventh Heaven, but it did spawn Jessica Biel, so give it some points for that.

The shows that come to mind for me are stuff like Chuck Norris/Walker/Texas Ranger, Dharma and Greg, the Single Guy(a Seinfeld ripoff), David Carradine/Kung Fu, Sisters, and even Third Rock from the Sun.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I guess I need a full skeletal transplant then lol. I love to laugh but Seinfeld's comedy never could make me laugh. To me personally it was dry, repetitive, and predictive. But to each his/her own. The Nanny would be another worst tv show for me.......
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Guess I need a funny bone transplant, too. Seinfeld did nothing for me. I have to add Big Bang Theory, mostly because it ****es me off that CBS cancelled The Class for something as awful as Big Bang. I tried to watch but it was awful.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Seinfeld. George always cracked me up
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Matlock is another one. I hate the whole thing- I don't like Andy Griffith (that's another story), I hated that stupid music intro, I hated how he changed daughters every year (probably because he is such a jerk to work with), and what lawyer gets every single client off from their charges?
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with you all about seinfeld and 7th heaven i still try to figure out how people watch seinfeld i am sorry but he never made me laugh not funny to me anyways? i also hated that 70's show and that 80's show too also baywatch very corny show, as for everybody loves raymond i loved peter boyle on the show(frank) in my opinion he made that show otherwise it was just okay! dee [Cool]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what show I think is hugely over-rated? FRIENDS! At BEST its mediocre. The charactors themselves annoy the Hell out of me.

The worst show I have ever seen was a childrens show called RICKYS ROOM. It was like BARNEY ,only a rhino instead of a dino. It was so appalingly awful I just HAD to watch!

And SAVED BY THE BELL is another terrible show that had a huge fan basis and ran for years!

For my FULL list check my website at http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6spdi/id2.html

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
people who don't think seinfeld is funny must have their funny bone in their feet. that is one of the five greatest sitcoms ever. and even if you don't like the show, how can you possibly believe it's one of the worst tv shows ever, which is what i thought this thread was about.

and saved by the bell, as well as all of the teen shows from the 90's, were also great. though i can understand why people wouldn't like that show or the shows similar to it.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well with SAVED BY THE BELL I think its cuz by the time it came out I was getting too old for it. I remember when I was about 18 or so having a friend a few years younger than me who LOVED it and I was like "REALLY? You LOVE that show? Ik!" Now had I been 12 or 13...MAYBE I would have watched it. I just cant stand shows that arent funny where the LAUGH TRACK roars at every line, and SAVED BY THE BELL was one of those shows.

I thought everybody loved SEINFELD too but on a trip to California I met a lot of people there who said they DIDNT "get it". Maybe you have to be from New York to love that show????

Right up there with "not liking SEINFELD" is "not liking I LOVE LUCY"...and my husband swears he doesn't! He is the ONLY person I have ever met who does not like I LOVE LUCY! He doesn't really like THE HONEYMOONERS either. He's from England though - so maybe he wasn't brought up watching them and thats why he cant appreciate them as icons.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I don't like Lucy either
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
well with SAVED BY THE BELL I think its cuz by the time it came out I was getting too old for it. I remember when I was about 18 or so having a friend a few years younger than me who LOVED it and I was like "REALLY? You LOVE that show? Ik!" Now had I been 12 or 13...MAYBE I would have watched it. I just cant stand shows that arent funny where the LAUGH TRACK roars at every line, and SAVED BY THE BELL was one of those shows.

I thought everybody loved SEINFELD too but on a trip to California I met a lot of people there who said they DIDNT "get it". Maybe you have to be from New York to love that show????

Right up there with "not liking SEINFELD" is "not liking I LOVE LUCY"...and my husband swears he doesn't! He is the ONLY person I have ever met who does not like I LOVE LUCY! He doesn't really like THE HONEYMOONERS either. He's from England though - so maybe he wasn't brought up watching them and thats why he cant appreciate them as icons.

i'd have to fight your husband(not really). the honeymooners is also in my top five sit coms ever. [Wink]

i was 18 when saved by the bell first aired in 1988(when it was originally known as "good morning miss bliss") and i still loved it, which probably says a lot about me. my best friend and i always loved those NBC saturday morning teeny bopper shows and we'd get stoned and watch them all. i still enjoy seeing the reruns when they air.

it definitely seems like we're in the minority here about liking seinfeld. i never met anyone who didn't like the show. but this thread has opened my eyes. maybe i'm just being too literal, but i just don't think seinfeld belongs in a thread talking about the worst shows ever.

and i still say small wonders is the worst show ever.

i remember watching lucy in the 70's, but that was when we only had like 7 channels to choose from. i can't say i've watched her since then, but you have to respect the role her show played in the grand scheme of things.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home