iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » BEER THREAD!!!!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: BEER THREAD!!!!!!
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

100 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All and anything goes here about the nectar of the Gods. I'm turning too many threads into beer threads....this is way over-do!

I'll start with my top 3:

1. Molson Canadian
2. Heinekin
3. Budweiser

Posts: 3604 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 100  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMMMMMM Budweiser someone can open a can a block away and someone else can smell it lol although I like a Bud in a can occasionally. I've developed a great appreciation for:

1. Blue Moon
2. Gaelic Ale (locally brewed by Highland Brewing Company)
3. Good ole Bud Light

Many more I may do an honorable mentions list later. It may be 1/2 a page long.......

"He was a wise man who invented beer (Plato)."

Posts: 3842 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Beck's too......

-

Posts: 3842 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alexander Keith's
Miller Genuine Draft
Coors Light
...and...RUM!

Posts: 1897 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Pabst Blue Ribbon!
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

100 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice with the Pabst and Becks!

kev....I used to love the Captain Morgan rum, til I wore it out along with alot of other hard liquors. I'm pretty much beer only now.

Posts: 3604 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 100  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I'm mostly beer although I do enjoy the occasional dose of Southern Comfort or Peach Schnapps. I was more of a liquor person in college.........
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

100 Updates!

Member Rated:
So Co used to kick my a$$ with all the sugar in it....gave it up.

I did 7 shots of Tequila in a row once....that was the end of that. Now the smell of it makes me sick.

Fire Water was a fav of mine for the longest time....just got bored with it.

Absolute Vodka I drank way too much of in my bowling days....had to move on.

Jack Daniels had an awesome kick for awhile....needed a change.

Goldschlager was next on the list until I over did it one night and blacked out the whole night. I was hung-over for 3 days....could never drink it again.

In between all these "era's" I went through with the liquors, I mixed in the variety of Schnapps, Yagermeister, Gins(I never really liked), Sambuca, plus others.

I never did drugs, but I drank way to much. Now, beer only when I'm out with friends or at a party. I also got a DWI when I was young and it taught me a valuable lesson. Drink responsibly!

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I've never drank and drive. I had a friend in college who was killed in an alcohol related traffic accident my sophomore year. I was supposed to have went with them that night too it really spooked me out made me think. Phewwwwwww I used to love the tequila until I had one of those college drunken nights where I was hungover for like 5 days. Tequila also makes me feel like it's 1000 degrees hotter than what it is too when I drink it lol dunno why.......
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

100 Updates!

Member Rated:
I was also a master of shotgunning a beer. That was my specialty.

One of my buddies was the master of keg-stands. I think he did one for like 2 minutes once. He also chugged 3 bottles of Cisco once, threw up instantly, and passed right out. He also chugged 2, 40oz. bottles of Private Stock in a row once, threw up again, and passed out soon after....again.

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one of my favs this time of year jolly rogers ale! and I swear it's 10% makes my eyelids so heavy after one!

I love Boddingtons on tap now that's an awesome beer!!

Posts: 2901 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Good God 10%! My fave beer on tap would probably be Sam Adams......
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Moosehead
2. Sleemans
3. Budweiser

I don't drink much these days, but there was a time in my early 20's when a case of beer and going to the pub was like breathing at one point.

Posts: 4297 | From: Tuff Turf Academy | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
All for Noms and Noms for all...
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for All for Noms and Noms for all...   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Guinness (discovered it whilst serving in Northern Ireland)

2 Erdinger Weissenbier (as above but for Germany)

3 Caffreys

I'm not really a fan of American Beer (or Lager, as us brits would refer to it)

Noms Smiths [Cool]

Posts: 2499 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm the one and only Australian that doesn't like beer.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Goldschlager was next on the list until I over did it one night

Goldschlager is the only spirit I drink - and then never excessively. But it does taste nice....
Posts: 3411 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stella artois
killians
red stripe

i don't really drink though but these are beers i like to keep around. i can make a 12 pack last two weeks.

Posts: 660 | From: jersey shore | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

100 Updates!

Member Rated:
Good list xchazx. I used to love the red beers.

Red Wolf was great.

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great topic man!!

I just purchased a slab of Heineken off the back of a truck for silly money!! [Wink] 24 cans for $20!!
That's less than half price!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Nice..

Anyways, back to the topic..

5:Carlsberg
4:Bulmers(It's Cider that ok?)
3:Budweiser
2:Heineken
1:Guinness(Stout but still number one)

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm surprised so many people have listed budweiser.

to make my list a top 5, i'd like to add yingling and labatts blue.

Posts: 660 | From: jersey shore | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.Fosters

-

2.Karhu

-

3.Karjala

-

4.Olvi

-

5.Lapin Kulta

-

Posts: 5271 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

100 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by xchazx:
i'm surprised so many people have listed budweiser.

I'll always return to my master....the Budweiser!

-

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't drink too much american beer, canadian beer is more potent and satisfying IMO, although I give my props to Bud.
Posts: 4297 | From: Tuff Turf Academy | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I sipped on some homemade peach brandy tonight at the Thanksgiving shindig and ate like 3 of the peaches plus there was homemade corn liquor on the menu as well since we're in the South. It's a vegetable here in these parts so I got all my food groups tonight..........

[ 27. November 2008, 19:48: Message edited by: MotleyRulz ]

Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AtomiK, I see you had Fosters as your number one... did you know that most Australians don't actually like Fosters? The most popular beer here is Vic Bitter!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home