iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » I'm jealous of you "day-timers!" (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm jealous of you "day-timers!"
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys that have access to the internet during work hours is driving me nuts. I am a trades-man for my work and have no computer all day. I get home from work and log-on here to see pages upon pages of discussions I wish I was able to participate in....nothing like "live" action on here during the work week. I feel like I miss out and it takes me over an hour to "catch up." I still don't understand how you guys get any work done during the day at your jobs, but I envy you. I wish more of you would come on here in the evenings. Just wanted to get that off my chest. Happy posting! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my excuse is I'm not working at the moment
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know how you feel. But now I'm able to post from either the office or home. I used to work retail, long hard hours, and didn't have much 'puter time back then! So don't worry, I can feel your pain too. [Frown] [Wink]
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least I'm not alone....

You're lucky in that regard Sam, but I would rather be working than going through what you are with your back. How's all that going BTW?

A few times in the past 4 years, my back gave out at work so bad, that I was out of commission for weeks. I had to see a chiropractor, 3 times a week, for 4 months. It was the worst pain I ever had and I could barely walk for the longest time. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy(if I had enemies.) Now, I am more careful at work and with sports and just thank God for every day that my back is OK.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Technically, at school, unless it is "education related" we are not supposed to be on the Internet. But I figure I have time at the beginning of the school day and the end of the school day. I'll say I'm doing research or something.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm usually on after work. I had to go to the nightshift for about a year to get some things straightened out and I was always on here at like 2am. BTW Sam hope your back is getting better. I was out for about 4 weeks after throwing mine out once but I know it's nothing compared to what your going through. The time off felt good for about 2 weeks then I was climbing the walls lol. I went to a chiropractor with mine but it seemed like they would do just enough each time to make you have to come back the next time although my insurance did cover it. I actually felt good after going but if I ever missed an appointment I could definitely tell it. I think chiropractors do some good but I think alot of it was in my mind. It hurt worse than any knee injury, wisdom tooth, kidney stone, etc. than I'd ever had.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My chiro never bothered to tell me that my insurance had stopped paying. So I had a huge bill. But I will say that it helped my back. Back problems suck, so I hope yours is better, Sammy.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'm lucky that chiro does work on me too and I have insurance. I don't know what I would do without either.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My back is fine. I just haven't been able to find work
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
That's good news Sam. You can always get work, but you can't get another back. Best of luck finding work.
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We should start a club.....I too have chronic back problems...goes out once or twice a year and varies in severity. I've done it all....chiro, physio, etc. I'm on a mission to follow a back exercise routine to help with strengthening. I have a two year old son, and I'll be darned if I have to sit and watch him play...ain't happening. Good luck to all...see yas in the old age home [Big Grin]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry 80's...to get back on track, I'm right there with you. For the most part, I'm a 9 to 5er, so I only get small chunks of time in the evening....I check most every evening though...and do my best to respond or post.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I hear ya Kev....don't get me wrong, there's still plenty of great folks on here in the evening. It just seems that the daytimers rarely come on in the evening and I miss talking to them too.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm lucky I can surf during work based around the times of a morning break, lunch and an afternoon break. Sometimes it can get too crazy and I won't have time. And count me in the bad back club. It comes and goes with me, and I have to wear a brace sometimes.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was in the car wreck 4 years ago...I had whiplash really bad-I never knew what that actually was, until I experienced it, and I ended up going to a chiropractor for awhile-so I understand the back stuff too. My husband has 4 herniated discs in his back...the first time he did it...he was lifting a sofa with dual recliners on both sides-up a flight of steps, and the guy helping him dropped his side and it ripped everything out in his back...he had to go through major physical therapy for it. Then when we were in the wreck...we were hit from behind and then on the left(driver's side)....and it made his back worse then...he should have surgery...but he's scared of what could happen to him...so he just works past it, we have a hot tub...and we are in it alot at night, it really helps. I highly recommend them.

I am on here off and on throughout the day.

This morning my friend met me at 8am and we drove about 20 minutes to a state park to cut hemlock branches at her family's cabin, then I came home and spent an hour decorating more stuff. This past weekend I had 3 couples here, but I worked all day yesterday to get all the laundry done, and all the cleaning.

I ended up going shopping today, and then to lunch with my son and mother, and then I came home and made bows for an hour and put them all through my garland. I'll put some pictures on here of my Christmas decorations...so everyone can understand how much work it really is. But, like this weekend the one couple that stayed here had never been to a B & B ever.

I made a reservation today for another wedding couple for Dec. 6th. I cooked supper for my family. I have a girl who stays with us during the week while she is training people at her job. I watched Dancing with the Stars- the Finals.

Every day...I am always doing something in between being on here. I hope people don't really think I sit here all day. But, I am able to check things out off and on.

But...I have always thought that more goes on at night around here than during the day.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try being 16 hours out of synch with most of you guys....
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here, the time difference is frustrating sometimes. Especially since I only get the chance to post from work (during lunch break or when I come in too early).
Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am also out of work right now too i fell on the ice at my job last february and have been out of work since may with herniated discs and a tear in one in my back and i fell 3 times the last 2 times on my hands and knees trying to get up from the solid ice so i broke my right wrist and reinjured my left wrist and hand and had my 4th surgery on the left wrist for carpal tunnel in aug. which didn;t help at all i am left handed and was a office manager for a small waterproofing co. for over 10 years i can return to work light duty with no use of my left hand which is marked 75% disabled as the surgeon can't do anything else for me he says and that i will not get better with the back they are waiting to see if it heals itself if not we will go from there but i will not have surgery anyways i go to the chiropractor 2x a week now so that is why i am here during the day lol dee [Roll Eyes] [Smile]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh i forgot to mention this too i sent my boss a letter stating that i could return to work light duty if my job was still available? that was a month ago and i sent it registered mail with written response requested? i got nothing he hired a much younger girl to run the office which i did for 10 years as he is part owner and was never there anyways!! so needless to say he is not hiring me back nice guy huh? he doesn't have to legally but a response would have been nice as i did so much for them for so long! oh well life goes on i guess dee [Confused]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheez buffalo-girl, that really sucks. I can't believe he didn't even have the decency to respond.

For what it's worth, good luck on finding another job and (hopefully) a better boss.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
thank-you tko for the kind words!! you know that is what bother me the most i don't miss the job that much because i had no benefits there and no holiday's off except for christmas and new year and thanksgiving had to use a vacation day every year for the friday after thanksgiving and my boss was a physcho that is why i ran the place but a response either way would have been the decent thing to do but i have to consider the source lol and realize i am better off now although it may take a while for me to find a new job of course with none out there right now and my restrictions? but i will keep looking anyways dee [Roll Eyes] [Smile]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I am sorry to hear about all the trouble your going through buffalo-girl.

When my husband hurt his back the 1st time, he was working when he did it...and they tried to be jerks to him about it, so we filed a claim against his employer with the EEOC, and we sued them. I did all the paper work for it...and we won. There was alot to it, and alot of harrassment, and all kinds of stuff, so it was all well documented. Since that happened, the company that he worked for went bankrupt...so he would have been without a job anyway...so it all worked out for us for the good. I always say what comes around around.

You'll find a better job where your happy, and your boss will be the one to lose in the end.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am lucky enough to have the freedom to do what I want at work. As long as my photo's are edited and up on my website, I have free reign. I don't spend any time on the computer at home for many reasons. But I do miss talking to all the later people.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been goofing off too much. My boss is gonna get me. I can't help it. I've got, REWIND FEVER!!!! [Smile]

p.s. buffalo-girl you be careful now...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
ISIS...are you recommending that everyone on the Rewind get in YOUR hot tub, or get their own? [Big Grin]

buffalo-girl...ouch...sorry to hear that.

I'm quite lucky with my sick time at work. For 10 years, I've not abused it, so it continued to build. as of now, I have over 1300 hours of sick time back....which allows me to be off work for almost a year with full pay. Hopefully I will never be hurt or sick enough to need to use it.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home