iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Shia Le Boeuf, The New Tom Hanks?? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Shia Le Boeuf, The New Tom Hanks??
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching I, Robot last night and saw Shia in it!! He was the very annoying kid on the street talkin thrash to Will Smith.

He was terrible!! Thankfully things hve improved!!

Anyways, anyone seen Eagle Eye?
I'm thinking of seeing it, but have heard very mixed reviews so far..

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey i do like that movie though i have probably seen i robot about 5 times this year already it is on all the time here love will smith too i do want to go see his new movie 7 pounds looks good!! dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will is great. He can act too we he has to. My favourite of his is Pursuit of Happiness. It made me cry.. [Frown]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't stand Shia La Bouf. I actually think he is a fairly talented comedic actor, but I'm really tired of the weak attempts by Hollywood to try and pass him off as a serious leading man. The scene in the latest Indiana Jones travesty where they introduce Shia with the Marlon Brando Wild Ones homage had to be one of the single most groan-inducing moments in cinematic history. He was really funny on that Disney channel show and would be better served trying to be a comedic lead ala Tom Hanks in the early part of his career. He is not a hearthrob, action hero or dramatic lead - all of which they seem desperate to rush him into. Then again this is the same Hollywood that's trying to foist the likes of Leonardo DiCaprio and Orlando Bloom on me as action heroes.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
I agree with you in the Orlando Bloom and Leo part. I could kick both their asses together and they should stay away from roles requiring them to beat anybody up. The same is true of my favourite actor Johnny Depp. He is too clever to take a job like this because he knows in real life he's not tough.

Shia, Leo and Orlando take note..

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I saw Shia in the new INDIANA JONES last night and he failed to win me over. He just doesnt MOVE me.

I wrote a little something about him on my website. DO NOT READ IT IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED! I CURSE LIKE A SAILOR!

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6spdi/id16.html

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
Well, I saw Shia in the new INDIANA JONES last night and he failed to win me over. He just doesnt MOVE me.

I wrote a little something about him on my website. DO NOT READ IT IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED! I CURSE LIKE A SAILOR!

Ha ha ha... You rock Mama.. [Big Grin]
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think mamamiasweetpeaches could kick Shia, Leo and Orlando's @sses all by herself! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
DO NOT READ IT IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED! I CURSE LIKE A SAILOR!

That whole page cracked me up!....not just the Shia bit.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could kick Shia, Leo and Orlando's butts...but WHY would I want to hurt Leo and Orlando? There's some fine lookin' booty right there! Bring it!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, mamamia I just read your blog. I totally agree on the Shia Lebouf thing. I'm going to start saying that like your daughter and her friends when I see or think something is ugly-"you're so Shia LeBouf!". Yeah I wanna know what is the appeal of Jake Gyllenhal. And Tobey Maguire- I know you like him, but he is another tool. You don't know the hell he put the crew through while filming here in Pittsburgh a few years back- he is a jerk, whereas the star of the film, Michael Douglas, was courteous and kind to all of the staff. I just think Tobey is a total dork/geek. I loved Orlando in the LOTR movies. He was smokin'.
I saw the Jonas Bros. last week or the week before performing live (was it a half-time show or something like that?)- they were horrible! Off key, and everyone knows they weren't even playing those guitars!

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7408

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Roger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liked him in Transformers but have to say no,nothing like Tom Hanks what an insult to the man.
He is kinda annoying didnt like him in Indiana Jones movie either.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Sep 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I could kick Shia, Leo and Orlando's butts...but WHY would I want to hurt Leo and Orlando? There's some fine lookin' booty right there! Bring it!

Bring it! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hollywood is really committed to effeminizing the male action hero. In the '60s & '70s we had John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Lee Marvin, Charles Bronson, Burt Reynolds, James Coburn, Steve McQueen...now we have Jake Gyllenhaal, Toby Maguire, Orlando Bloom, Leonardo DiCaprio, Shia LaBouf and Josh Hartnett. The last few decent guys left - Bruce Willis, Russell Crowe, etc. - are about done, so I guess there won't be any classic action movies to look forward to for quite awhile - at least none where the special effects aren't the real lead.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home