iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Cool/Random Pictures Thread (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Cool/Random Pictures Thread
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhhhhh, Well.... Oh, at least it's self cleaning...

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are some pics I took last week at my folks place. I had borrowed a Canon G10 camera... awesome camera, can't wait to buy one!

-

-

-

[ 14. July 2009, 05:53: Message edited by: Stitch Groover ]

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice pics stitch !! love the toilet too funny!! how come we can't post avatar's or profile pics here anyways? just wondering?
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice ones Stitch!

How's the weather Down-Under?

- j

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Dee!!

JDoc, we've actually had rain this winter. Makes a nice change from the normal drought!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

On this day, pics don't get much cooler than this.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
That IS very interesting. I wonder if anyone has more detailed pics?
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
Paul, those pics are cool. I'm not one of those conspiracists that thinks the moon landing was fake, but looking at these pictures,I wonder if they are real or not.
The shadow of the lunar module is going in the opposite direction to the shadows in the craters!

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
Paul, those pics are cool. I'm not one of those conspiracists that thinks the moon landing was fake, but looking at these pictures,I wonder if they are real or not.
The shadow of the lunar module is going in the opposite direction to the shadows in the craters!

No it's not. What you are seeing in the craters is exactly what you would see if the crater is a hole, rather than a bump. The darkest shadow is inside the crater, under the edge nearest the light source. The lightest bit is the inside edge furthest from the light source, and a hole throws no shadow outside it's perimeter.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by jdocster McFly you Irish bug:
That IS very interesting. I wonder if anyone has more detailed pics?

They took these pictures whilst they were settling into the final orbital pattern. Once the high-def pics of these sites are taken, they should give clarity of around 3x the sharpness that we see here.

For comparison, this is one that was taken of another similarly-sized area - the first hi-def ones available:

-

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Very nice indeed. Did you watch "Moonshot" last night on TV?

http://www.history.com/genericContent.do?id=71504

[Wink]

Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Dangerously, you iceholes....:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">No it's not. What you are seeing in the craters is exactly what you would see if the crater is a hole, rather than a bump. The darkest shadow is inside the crater, under the edge nearest the light source. The lightest bit is the inside edge furthest from the light source, and a hole throws no shadow outside it's perimeter.

Gotcha, thanks.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home