iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Comfort Movies.. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Comfort Movies..
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just type it. [Smile]

I'm guessing it's for rough work buddy!! OLDSKOOL

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
major
Rewinder
Member # 7478

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for major   Author's Homepage   Email major   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by major:
Now I must make a list of my favorites *runs to grab a pencil and a notebook* </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Pencil and notebook? [Confused] Just type it. [Smile]

Ah, but how I love the feel of a pencil writing on paper ... [Wink]
Posts: 36 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've got an original fetish there my friend.. Very original!!
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a movie I always watch when I'm feeling depressed, it's called "Secrets and Lies" starring Brenda Blethyn and Marianne Jean Baptiste. It's such a depressing downer of a film, it's a great cure for a good mood. But I watch it when I'm feeling down because it makes me realise my problems aren't always so bad.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know Stitch...that's how I feel about the movie "The Other Side of The Mountain" which is the true story of Jill Kinmont. She was training for the Olympics when she went over a cliff and broke her back and became a quadriplegic. Then Beau Bridges comes along and he helps her to live again...and they plan to get married....she learns how to write using her hand...with a brace on it. The end of this movie is the saddest ending I have ever seen, and I bawl my head off. To me it is one of the best movies ever made. Her best friend that was a skier with her...she gets Polio. It is so sad.

It is so hard for me to watch it...I haven't seen it in a few years. But, it is so well acted. I love Marilyn Hassett in this movie.

This was one of the first movies I ever saw in the movie theater, me and my mom went to see it at a matinee.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073496/

It is a movie that I like to watch now with my mom, and it's a good one to watch on a dreary cold day.

Other movies that I love to watch on a rainy or snowy day...are:

The Wilderness Family

Savannah Smiles

Touched by Love

Coal Miner's Daughter

Kramer Vs. Kramer

Honeysuckle Rose

Escape from Alcatraz

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to throw out a little late add on to the Frailty posts...

Paxton is fantastic! That's also one of the movies where I love that Matthew McConnehy (spelled wrong?) doesn't play the weird laid back guy. I really like his movies like that. Like Reign of Fire. Bueno.

One movie I watch when I'm mad and it seems to have a very soothing effect to me is Crime and Punishment in Suburbia. I absolutely LOVE Vincent Kartheiser's character, Vincent! Good flick.

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis that movie sounds good, I'll keep an eye out for it at the DVD shop.
A lot of the time when I need to watch something comforting I'll bring out my TV DVD's. There's nothing like watching an old Doctor Who or Buffy episode to cheer you up (well, apart from Buffy season 6), especially when you know the good guys always win and the baddies get their comeuppance.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Karate kid
The Lost Boys
Fright Night
Home Alone
Big Trouble in Little China
Masters of the Universe
American History X
Breakfast Club
Up In Smoke
Hot Rod
Zoolander
The Hitcher
Nightmare on Elm Street 2+3
Re-Animator
The Warriors

Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by hewzy:
The Karate kid
The Lost Boys
Fright Night
Home Alone
Big Trouble in Little China
Masters of the Universe
American History X
Breakfast Club
Up In Smoke
Hot Rod
Zoolander
The Hitcher
Nightmare on Elm Street 2+3
Re-Animator
The Warriors

That's about the best list I've ever seen...
God bless you sir... [Smile]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
There is a movie I always watch when I'm feeling depressed, it's called "Secrets and Lies" starring Brenda Blethyn and Marianne Jean Baptiste. It's such a depressing downer of a film, it's a great cure for a good mood. But I watch it when I'm feeling down because it makes me realise my problems aren't always so bad.

Is this the one where Marianne Jean Baptiste's charcter finds out that her mother is white, or something like that? I like Marianne,if it's a good one I'll put it on my Netflix.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Another great comfort movie for me, Big..

Makes me think about being 12 again.. Aahhhhhh...

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80's:
Tootsie
Baby Boom
Arthur
Some Girls

90's:
Soapdish
200 Cigarettes
Stealing Beauty

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
80's:
Tootsie
Baby Boom
Arthur
Some Girls

90's:
Soapdish
200 Cigarettes
Stealing Beauty

Arthur, I gotta get that one!!
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
National Lampoon's Vacation
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Almost time to get out the Christmas one!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jack Burton:
Almost time to get out the Christmas one!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Too bad there's not a Thankgiving Vacation.... [Big Grin]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the money pit, uncle buck, planes trains and automobiles, ghost, mrs. doubtfire, the bucket list, throw momma from the train! dee [Smile]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
the money pit, uncle buck, planes trains and automobiles, ghost, mrs. doubtfire, the bucket list, throw momma from the train! dee [Smile]

Nice list Dee!!
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
And 80's Rocked, National Lampoon's Thanksgiving Vacation, what an idea!! I'm gonna ring Chevy and see what he thinks later!! [Big Grin]
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks mr. jack burton and i do think a thanksgiving vacation with chevy would be great loved his christmas vacation!! dee [Smile]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
thanks mr. jack burton and i do think a thanksgiving vacation with chevy would be great loved his christmas vacation!! dee [Smile]

Can you imagine Clark Griswald arranging thanksgiving??? NIGHTMARE!!
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
lol that would be brutal but very funny too!!!! dee [Razz] [Smile] [Wink]
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
and i think they should add a raccoon to the movie instead of a squirrel this time lol dee [Smile]
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
I see him losing the plot about half way through the day when the kids have pushed him to the very brink, then he takes the carving knife and goes nuts in the parade!! Puncturing floats and smashing up marchers!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Oh the laughing!!

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
now that would be hysterical!! i think you should write the movie mr. jack burton lol dee [Wink] [Smile] [Cool]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home