iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What's Your favorite Cookie?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's Your favorite Cookie?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am having a hard time grasping that Christmas is coming up in a little over the month.

I was working on doing a Christmas package for my B & B, and with it...people that stay here get a special Christmas Breakfast, The Jacuzzi Suite, a free gift, a photo of their stay, a $25 gift certificate to my friend's gift shop, and evening Christmas cookies and hot cocoa, plus all my rooms are individually decorated with Christmas bedding-my Jacuzzi room is going to have a full size Christmas tree in it.

I am going to start baking cookies soon and freeze them.

I have a billion recipes.

But, I was wondering what everyone's favorite cookies are, so I get an over all idea of what is most popular.

I am still not feeling great...but I am in the mood to make some no bake cookies, so that's my plan for this afternoon.

I am planning on trying a few new breakfast recipes....sometimes I make breakfast for supper so we preview things before I give them to my guests.

I was planning on make pumpkin waffles, they have dried cranberries in them...never made them before...thought they would be a good holiday item.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favorite cookie is chocolate chunk then oatmeal raisin dee [Smile]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
White chocolate macadamia nut
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a traditional chocolate chip lover.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always cover the classics....

Chocolate Chip
Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Sugar Cookies
Snickerdoodles

For Christmas...I always make

Orange Cookies
Shortbread
Turtles
Peanut Butter Fudge
Chocolate Walnut Fudge

I take the recipe for chocolate chip cookies and I mix in dried cranberries instead of chocolate chips, then I bake them, I melt the chocolate chips and drizzle them over the top...they are good.

My secret to good chocolate chip cookies, is never use butter...I use crisco shortening in the can...butter makes them burn and makes them greasy.

I have made different cookies each year....last year I did a cookie exchange Christmas party-that was fun...my one friend made Italian Christmas cookies...

I have made anise cookies.

I love peanut brittle at Christmas time.

I love Oatmeal Raisin cookies, but the rest of my family doesn't so much.

I did make no bake cookies this afternoon, they are so easy.

I like macaroons too, with a cherry in the middle.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Teddy Bears
Tim Tams
Chocolate Ripples
Maries
Butternut Snaps
Dotties
Iced Vovos
Chock Chunk Macadamia

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I eat the craziest things. But at Christmas time I always take oreo cookies and put peanut butter on them, then freeze them, and then dip them in milk chocolate. I made them for the office last year and within 15 minutes all 60 of them were gone...there are four of us in the office mind you.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love the traditional store bought stuff:

nutter butters
golden oreos
oatmeal cookies
sugar cookies
vanilla wafers

my wife and mother in law make a bunch of different homemade cookies for christmas that are great too, though i don't know any of their names. my favorite is this peanut butter cookie with a hershey kiss in the center.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favourite cookie is the one that logs me into the Rewind automatically....

[ 10. November 2008, 07:50: Message edited by: Paul Dangerously, you iceholes.... ]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chocolate chip
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i also like chocolate chip cookies and english toffee cookies too.
i rarely eat cookies though.
i hate peanut butter cookies though.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The chewy oatmeal I love
Chewy, chocolate chunk as well.
Molasses ones are great every now and then.
I used to love the peakfreens with the jelly centers.
Vanilla girl guide cookies use to aslo be a huge weakness as well.
I have a real problem with chocoalte and cookies, I tend to ihale them with barely noticing. Too many times I've evaporated a bag of chips ahoy cookies.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oatmeal raisin walnut, chocolate chip walnut are good too!
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chocolate chip and chocolate chocolate chip.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I am going to be baking cookies all day tomorrow.

I bought all kinds of different kinds of chocolate chips...since that seems to be a favorite.

I got white chocolate chips that are red and green swirled for Christmas. I got Andes Candies chocolate chips-they are mint flavored.
I have butterscotch chips and peanut butter chips plus regular choc. chips-so I am going to make quadruple batches of cookie dough and then seperate them to stick the candy in them.

I love getting ready for Christmas.

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS,

Are ya gonna bring some cookies back to the rewind for us???? [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peanut Butter Cookies
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home