iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Halloween Costumes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Halloween Costumes
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was talking to someone tonight who was trying to think up a costume for her 6 year old son...because the costume she made for him...fell apart. I was trying to think of all the past costumes my son wore, or things I had worn as a kid.

I remember there being so many cool costumes from TV shows....and then you think about now...and what could a kid be. When I was younger...for a girl ..you could be:

The Bionic Woman
Wonder Woman
Isis
Batgirl
I Dream of Jeanie-Genie
Cher
A Mermaid

Boys:
Mork
The Fonz
Lenny and Squiggy
The Incredible Hulk
Grizzly Adams
The Six Million Dollar Man
The Dukes of Hazzard
CHiPS
A Sleestack
King Kong
A Ghostbuster
E.T.
A Gremlin
A Caveman

There were so many choices...

I remember 2 of my mom's friends dressing up like The Fonz and Pinkie Tuscadaro.

I remember other people dressed as Donny and Marie, and Sonny and Cher.

Who could any kid dress up from today...except all the same things we did that are timeless...

like:

The Flintstones
The Jetsons
All the Disney Characters
Scooby Doo

But we even had other carctoon costumes, that kids don't have today...like

Mighty Mouse
Hong Kong Phooney
Yogi Bear
The Pink Panther
Josie and the Pussycats...

Plus..when we were kid..you could throw a sheet over you an be a ghost and I never see anyone do that any more...do you guys?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
major
Rewinder
Member # 7478

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for major   Author's Homepage   Email major   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son went as 'the ghost of Babe Ruth' 2 years ago.

A pinstripe sheet over his head (with the eyes cut out and black see through material sitched in), a number three on the back, a Yankee cap on his head and cleats.

Imagine a 'ghost' winning most original [Smile]

Posts: 36 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home