iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Christmas Shopping

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Christmas Shopping
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I am dying to know how many of you braved the crowds yesterday? I went shopping the day after only for the second time in my life and I have to tell you that I had a blast. Three of my friends and I got up and left at 4 am and drove to a town about 30 miles away and dove into the mass that definitely defines Black Friday. We had such a good time that we didn't pull back into town until 9 pm. I have to say that I am so sore today from all of the walking and I am ready to go again today, not for that long though. One of the funniest things that I didn't actually get to see was a fist fight at ToyRUS over some toy. My ankles hurt with the impact of all of the times carts went into the back of them. But I wouldn't trade the day for anythig.

Did anyone else make the plunge yesterday???
What were your horror/funny stories.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went shopping yesterday as well. I drove two hours (well, I didn't ...I went with a friend) to go to a much bigger mall. I spent so much money at Macy's I felt sick afterwards. Their sales weren't all that great but...I got a $145 Dooney and Bourke purse for $81, and a $95 Guess purse for $50. Plus I got great deals at Best Buy...Live Free or Die Hard for $16.99. The lines at Old Navy were just crazy.

We didn't get up early...we got to the mall about 10. It was very crowded, but people were really nice. No pushing or shoving, people said excuse me if they bumped into someone.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey well me and my husband went on friday we saw pple fight at circuit city over ipods and went to target and got the 5 dollar dvds as gifts for pple we got happy feet for my brother and his fiance and breakfast club for my sister she is starting to get into the 80s flicks and we went to kohls and got my mom some candies pjs and a few other things so it was a nice time but very crowded so we had to come home after about 2hrs my preggo feet were tired [Smile]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mother was out all day and spent close to a thousand dollars (!!!!). So everything's set for this season now, I hope.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just went to Big Lots at about 8 pm. There weren't very many people. I bought toys and candy. The better gifts I got I shopped online for. My boyfriends favorite auther is Charles ****ens and I found a magazine on Ebay for ten dollars that is a London 1860 mag that Charles ****ens "conducted". I got my dad an MST3k t shirt and I got a mystery bag from www.mcphee.com which has novelty toys and home items...there was gold birthday candles, retro gift wrap and action figures. It was cool.
Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home