iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » what make up or beauty products are good ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what make up or beauty products are good ?
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey guys and gals i m trying to get back into the beauty fun and i have no idea what is good anymore i wore no make up while i was prego b/c i was so sick so the only thing i v picked up lately is the maybelline bare mineral foundation and mascara and some plum eye shadow and lip gloss so any good suggestions would be great [Smile] o as far as beauty products i use oil of olay face cleaner and soap
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Clinique makeup. It's not as pricey as something like Estee Lauder or Lancome but it's really good stuff and it lasts pretty long. I have to have something that stays on as well and their makeup is pretty good for that.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know why but when I got pregnant my skin went to Hell and it never came back. I no longer where anything on my face but chapstick and lipstick. And lately it's been COVER GIRL lipstick - cuz Im cheap and refuse to buy expensive make-up!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mama your funny [Wink] cheap is good i get my maybeline from walmart lol i buy everything from walmart i only buy stuff from nice stores when i can find it on clearance [Wink]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The guy who does all our models makeup, buys a lot of his stuff at walmart. If you look at most of the ingredients of the expensive stuff, they are the same as the cheaper stuff.

He swears by two things: Always have a foundation that matches your skin color. So he recomends the revlon custom creations because your skin color can change slightly from day to day. And the other is a traditional black mascara. He says if your going to buy something cheaper, remember it has a shelf life of about 2 months and you should clean the brush under warm water once a week. It helps keep the precision of the brush and from any clumps getting on your lashes.

To wash of the models faces.....no joke he uses shampoo. He talked me into it, and I have been doing it for almost two years now. No breakouts, my skin isnt dried out. The shampoo washes away the dirt, but leaves the essentials oils, like it does for your hair. So my face doesnt get dull.

He loves to talk about this kind of stuff, so if you ever have any questions....let me know!

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That last one was pretty interesting. Like what: BABY shampoo? What kind of shampoo do you recommend? I have acne but I also have a problem with my skin drying out if I use anything too strong. Maybe I should give that shampoo thing a go.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use baby shampoo because I like the smell. [Smile] He says use whatever you use on your hair, as long as it isn't over scented or any of the John Freida special color collection like brilliant brunette shampoo. I use a washcloth to help exfoliate my skin too. I have also used suave...cheap...works good...what more could you ask for.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also buy my makeup at Wal-Mart. I mostly buy Cover Girl products. It's good and cheap. I also like Rimmel and Maybelline's stuff.
For my hair I LOVE Pantene. It smells great and my hair is healthy and shiny.

Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
wow thats interesting i will try the baby shanmpoo thing
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooops....I clicked on this by mistake.....I don't wear make up....I don't wear make up!!!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home