iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » NORMAN MAILER

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NORMAN MAILER
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I haven't been keeping up with the news (and maybe its because he lived to a ripe old age) but there hasn't been much press about the passing of this literary legend...

I first saw Mailer as journalsit/pundit in numerous documentaries about 'The Greatest' Muhammed Ali and read his book 'The Fight'; a chronicle of his time in Zarie during 'The Rumble In The Jungle' Ali vs Foreman.

Mailer, perhaps best known for his anti-war classic 'The Naked And The Dead', was a masterful orator, essay writer, poltical debater, anti-Zionist, anti-racism activist. Even his most controversial, and at first glance unreasonable, stance agaisnt women's lib proved prophetic and right. I've only read a few Mailer books so far, and am in the middle of 'Ancient Evenings' (an awesome Egyptian epic) right now. A great man and a fine writer.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home