iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » How often do you go to the movies? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How often do you go to the movies?
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta love this place

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just started reading this thread...  -

Noms Anxiety Disorder [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's Patrick Stuart up there, great actor; a friend of mine met Patrick Stuart when he was working in PC World, my freind not Patrick Stuart, now I say met: Patrick Stuart called him a ****. True story.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis is right in a way, in that the industry is undergoing a massive change; as big a change as...well, the 80s. George Lucas spoke about this at length a while back: Peoples viewing habits are changing, their attitudes and awareness levels are changing, the technology is changing e.g. many movie theatres didn't have the capabilities to screen 'Journey to the centre of the earth' in 3D this year, a lot of places couldn't show 'Speed Racer' hence the Wachowski brothers use of NAC Hi-Motion DigiPrime Lenses on the Phantom HD Cameras didn't quite convey the intended effect. Once the superhero craze subsides, Hollywood will struggle to find a genre as popular (its the same through the ages) and that coupled with international desires to revive their own nation's film industry, will mean Hollywood will have to evolve to suit the modern audience mindset. On the plus side, it may mean another revolution in independent film and a more internationalist mainstream movie scene addressing pertinent issues in a non U.S.-centric manner. Globalisation, as predicted, is taking an almighty beating in the ring of ideas and ideology; its not quite down & out, but the refs getting ready to count. The cinema will struggle, the industry faces a challenge.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catherine80s
Rewind Curious
Member # 7444

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Catherine80s   Author's Homepage   Email Catherine80s   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't go all that often. I never really fancy whats on at the movies. I prefer to stay in with a DVD.
Posts: 3 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home