iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uuggghhhhhhhhhhh I have Brodeur on one of my fantasy teams. Good news is that somebody else has him in my other three leagues.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No joke? What happened. It was his elbow right?
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, he's going under the knife on Thursday will be out 3-4 months but they're saying that it's not a career ending injury.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a HUGE hit for the Devils. I guess I have to take back my earlier words to my buddy xchazx about everything being alright.

I must admit that I liked Avery on my team. He is an a-hole, but I didn't want to see him leave. It's always different when they're on your team. The crap he has been pulling this year is way over the top and out of line. He wasn't this bad on the Blueshirts.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heard about what?

-

devils don't have the cap room to add anyone. plus marty is supposedly coming back so lou won't go after khabi or emery or anyone since we'll still have weekes and he won't want to waste cap space on an extra goalie.

it's been great chatting with you guys, i'll see you next season. this season is over.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C'mon man, the Devils still got some good players. Zach Parise is emerging as a potential superstar, they just have to get Elias and Gionta going. Maybe Weekes will surprise some people.

EJ hwat's going on with your Avs? Are almost getting scored on as much as the Dallas Stars? Just got a look at Ian Laperrier's nose, man it's taken some hits, it's almost sideways.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another crappy loss for me. 2 shorthanded goals against in the third period. We used to own the third period....I don't know. I had a bad feeling after Sat. night's loss that things were going to snowball. We'll see next game.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's going on with the Rangers? The Isles are an easy 2 points. Ah, it's only a couple of bad games. How are Drury and Gomez doing this year?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am very happy for the buffalo sabres ryan got his second shut-out monday night 2-0 go sabres!! dee [Smile]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

Riptide, I can't really talk about the Avs right now. Whenever I do I throw up a little in my mouth. We have lost four in a row. Doesn't make for pleasent evenings at my house. Yeah Laperriere has what I like to call the S nose. He spends a lot of time in the box. Sometimes they mic him up and you can listen to him when he fights. They did that last season during a game with the Rangers. It was probably one of the best games I had seen in a long time.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh yeah....I can't forget Laperriere. We had him for awhile....loves the box. Sorry about those Avs. It's been a rough start.

Rip....Gomez and Drury have been coming on better of late. Started slow, but looking better every game. Drury actually was leading in scoring chances and shots on goal for awhile there, but couldn't get anything to go in. The town where he is from is very close to where I live....he is a hero there naturally.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Rumour has it that the Blackhawks might be dealing Khabibulin and his huge salary to the Devils to help fill the void left by Brodeur's injury. Chicago signed Huet to a huge contract during the offseason so right now they have too much $$$$$$ going to the goalie position and not enough ice time to go around to satisfy either. Also sounds like the Blackhawks might be willing to not ask for much back in return as they're more than happy to unload the Buhlin Wall's huge salary.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toxic Sammy Hain:
Rumour has it that the Blackhawks might be dealing Khabibulin and his huge salary to the Devils to help fill the void left by Brodeur's injury. Chicago signed Huet to a huge contract during the offseason so right now they have too much $$$$$$ going to the goalie position and not enough ice time to go around to satisfy either. Also sounds like the Blackhawks might be willing to not ask for much back in return as they're more than happy to unload the Buhlin Wall's huge salary.

i wouldn't put too much faith in that rumor. as a long time devils fan, i know that if you've heard about a rumor it's probably not going to happen since lou almost demands privacy. and if weekes plays well it works in lou's favor to try and get a little more from CHI since they are desperate to move him and right now the devils are the only team that realisticly wants or needs him.

plus, lou has faith in weekes. he may try to sign someone to backup weekes, like roloson. otherwise, unless he totally collapses, weekes will be the man.

the only way i would ever accept khabi from CHI is if they threw in one of their young defensemen, like cam barker, who has been rumored to be on the block. they are desperate to move khabi because they want to put a bid in for sundin but they can't with khabi's contract. if they want to go after sundin, give us barker and i'll let khabi backup weekes.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cricket has just started here, our Test team is in India right now. Cricket runs usually from November through til March.

Did anyone here the trouble Jerry Lewis just got in over cricket? Someone in an interview asked him about it, and he said it was a "fag" game. All sorts of people are getting up in arms about it, saying he's homophobic and that he's another Michael Richards, but I dont' really care. I mean, the guy is 150 years old, we can't expect him to change his ways. And as one of those "fags", if I don't care, then no one should!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we did love drury when he was with the sabres here he was pretty good but he left for more cash so what can you do? ryan miller is my very favorite goal tender and i would have to go with vanek also he is doing great right now too along with pominville!!! [Smile]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The Ducks have really stepped it up, to make matters worse they have been talking to Sundin. A bit surprised their high draft pick Bobby Ryan still isn't with the team. Hey xchazx, he hails from Camden, NJ, and he's on the farm, Lou is licking his chops maybe.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yes!! Big win tonight for the Rangers. We couldn't have a 3 game losing streak. Drury with the Hat Trick....awesome. It was a great, wide-open, fast game.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I hope that EleanorJune and I can remain friends after tonight.

Midway through the 2nd period Minnesota leads Colorado 3-0

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
At least you didn't shut them out Sammy.

Islanders had another nightmare 3rd period again tonight....I love it.

EleanorJune
unregistered

101 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by Toxic Sammy Hain:
I hope that EleanorJune and I can remain friends after tonight.

Midway through the 2nd period Minnesota leads Colorado 3-0

Of course we can still be friends!! It isn't your fault my team is sucking royal hinney right now. The people who have the hotel room next to me came over and knocked on my door to make sure I was ok! hahah. I slammed my laptop so hard, I think I broke the screen. uuhhh oohhh
| Site Updates: 101 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
The Ducks have really stepped it up, to make matters worse they have been talking to Sundin. A bit surprised their high draft pick Bobby Ryan still isn't with the team. Hey xchazx, he hails from Camden, NJ, and he's on the farm, Lou is licking his chops maybe.

i didn't know ryan wasn't with the big team. wasn't he on the team when they won the cup? he was supposed to be a big time power forward.

they must like those jersey guys, parros is also from jersey, princeton i think.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Ryan was no #2 overall in the entire draft. I don't know if it's a situation where he wants to be with another organization or something, but it's baffling. Mind you Getzlaf and Corey Perry are looking like the sky is the limit. That 2003 entry draft is looking like the best crop of players ever. When you look at the names your mind will melt. Parise, Phaneuf...the list goes on.

Already there is some controversy from last night's Wild-Lanche game. Nick Schultz ia saying that Darcy Tucker was going after his knees and stated that to him several times. I'm just glad Tucker is playing in another division, I always hated when he played the Habs. Going to try and find on youtube of that hit Kovalev gave him a few years ago. Too sweet.

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
ryan, getzlaf, and perry should all be real good. they also had penner before EDM scooped him up.

i haven't seen the hit, but i heard mike richards from the cryers laid somebody out last night.

darcy tucker is a douche. thankfully he and avery are out west.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I saw it, there was an Ottawa player that came in on the Philly net, he paused in front of the goalie to do some fancy stickwork and Richards hit him from behind sending him flying into the net. No penalty either. Richards is feisty, beut he's going to hurt someone. I'm just glad they sent Steve Downie to the farm this week, no there's a guy out to hurt.

Looks like GM Brett Hull was the only one who wanted Avery. Already there is a bunch of dissension in the Dallas dressing room, they don't like him either. Surprise, surprise.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Did anybody see that goal by Miroslav Satan last night? been trying to find it on youtube but no luck so far.
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home