iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great game tonight between Montreal and Minnesota with Les Canadiens winning 2-1 in St. Paul

I think the Wild might have outplayed the Habs but the Montreal penalty kill and Price in net were on top of their game. Hopefully these teams will get a chance to play again this season.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man it was close, the Habs had to kill off 10 penalties! The one agains Hamrlik was so bogus. He hardly touched him, Carbo was livid. Lang missed a breakaway and Plekanec had some chances. Minny came close at the end. Thought they would tie it up. Still kind of puzzled to see Miko Koivu blew a gasket at the end against the mild mannered Andrei Markov. Didn't know he was sporting the C, but I guess there is a rotation and he has it this month. A good, solid game though.

Looks like first overall draft pick Steve Stamkos has busted loose for Tampa Bay with a couple of goals and an assist. Nice to see as I heard all kinds of horror stories about coach Melrose's indifference to him with limited ice time.

Well the Rangers won, Zherdev looks grat again. The Avs are having problems tonight.

Wow, so many games on Thursdays.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red Wings playing the Sharks tonight after playing the Ducks last night. That has to be one of the toughest back-to-back games a team will play all season; especially considering they're both on the road.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thursdays rule for hockey....Great games everywhere.

Zherdev amazes me more and more every game. The skill level this kid has is brilliant. Awesome, wide open game tonight. Non-stop end to end action and yet another victory for the Blueshirts.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Must have been quite a bit of swearing tonight. That was a crazy game xchazx....and MN finally lost as well.

luckily my kids were in bed before i let spew my list of vulgarities. such a s**t game. i expect to see more of this throughout the season.

I work in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It is my true medium, a master I was on this particular night.*

*thanks to A Chrsitmas Story for the inspiration

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xchazx:
*thanks to A Chrsitmas Story for the inspiration

Just blame it on Schwartz. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Another exciting high scoring game in Anaheim tonight. Vancouver beats the Ducks 7-6 in a shootout.

Anaheim was up 2-1 after 1 period
Score was tied 5-5 after two as both teams went nuts
Vancouver scores early in the third with Anaheim tallying the tying goal with less than a minute to go in the game

After a scoreless overtime the game went to a shootout with the Canucks scoring 2 to The Ducks 1 but it took 13 rounds/26 shooters to finally get the winning goal scored by Mattias Ohlund.

Most amazing thing I feel is with all the goals Vancouver scored neither of the Sedin twins got a point. No goals and no assists.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Last night was one of the worst third periods I have ever seen in my life by the Blueshirts....5 goals allowed in less than 6 minutes. I almost put my TV through a wall.

Some comeback for you Riptide. At least you and xchazx had an enjoyable evening....how's Marty by the way?

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80'sRocked, was there something in the water last night? A full moon maybe? Not so good for NY based teams last night. I have to admit I was changing the channels when the Isles were up 4-1, I was seeing the Rangers were up 2-0, and I was watching that incredible NCAA Texas-Texas Tech game/ I flipped back when the Habs made it 4-2 and watched on in amazement when they took the lead 5-4. Some game. I was shocked the Rangers gave up that many goals, I still haven't seen the recap of that game, but 80'sRocked I probably would have damaged the TV set as well.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Marty won't play tomorrow night against Buffalo, guess he will have that elbow looked at.

And 80'sRocked those Leafs got a tast of their own medicine tonight when they gave up aboout 4 goals late to lose 6-4 to the Hurricanes. I guess no lead has been safe lately in the NHL.

Did anyone hear the Caps Alex Semin talking about Sidney Crosby? He's saying he's a good skater and all, but he doesn't know what all the fuss is about. He thinks Chicago's Patrick KKkane is a much more interesting player. Hmmm, the next Caps-Pens game could be a doozy.

EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I caught some of the NYR Tor game on Saturday. I got up during the 2cnd and was doing some work....didn't believe what I was hearing in the 3rd. 80's Rocked...I actually thought about you during the game...I was thinking "Oh I bet things are not going well in his beck of the woods".

If it would have been the Avs...my tv would be destroyed....Anyone seen the new center ice commercia?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA7RrUz4Vlo

I need this! Especially when games go bad.

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I'm so sick of that CenterIce commercial. Since the season has started I've seen it probably 1000 times already. At every commercial break on centerice they show that one and considering how much I flip through the games I've seen more commercials than I normally would.
EleanorJune
unregistered

I bet. That was the first center Ice commercial I have seen this year though.
EleanorJune
unregistered

Well and it shows the Wings get a little roughed up.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I get my centerice through my digital cable service perhaps you get yours through satellite.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as if the devils season couldn't get any f*****g worse, paul martin didn't skate today and the devs called up anssi salmela to take his place.

i'm so gald we have an ahl defense and a backup goalie going tonight against a high scoring BUF team.

now if i find out marty is going to be out for a significant amount of time i'm going to go on a kill crazy rampage.

f**k my life right now.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I always think of all you guys too when I'm watching your teams. It's great that we have such a vast group of fans on here....makes the season more fun.

xchazx, your team seems to be doing pretty good considering all that. I don't think you have too much to be worried about. Once they are healthy and playing to their full potential, it will even get better. This whole Eastern Conference is the best I've seen it in awhile.

As far as Crosby....I can't stand this kid. He is a big immature/baby/whiner/conceited/c0cky kid. I'll take Ovechkin or even Malkin over him any day.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I can't even get the Devils-Sabres game on TV, it's not on my cable plan which ****es me off. Too bad about the Devil's injuries, the Sabres are high scoring this year and are going to be dangerous.

I'm thinking of you guys as well and your respective teams, it does make the season a lot more fun. Playoff time will be intense. I just wish we could have had a Rewind hockey pool or something, but it's complicated being in different time zones, etc.

Crosby does frustrate me with his yapping to the refs, I guess he gets hacked a lot and he's a target. I seem to recall Gretzky used to yap too when he was in his early years. Crosby's got mad skills though, when he's on, he's a pleasure to watch.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Crosby does frustrate me with his yapping to the refs, I guess he gets hacked a lot and he's a target. I seem to recall Gretzky used to yap too when he was in his early years. Crosby's got mad skills though, when he's on, he's a pleasure to watch.

He has skills....he has a long way to go before I will put his name anywhere near Gretzky though.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Comparing anybody to Gretzky is just being unfair to that person. There will only be one Gretzky.

One thing you have to remember about Crosby and his yapping is that he is the Penguins' captain and that's part of his job being the captain.

The kid is an awesome talent and you have to remember just how young he still is. Someday they'll be making unfair comparisons to him.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
It is unfair to compare anyone to Gretzky, his stats are just too mind boggling to digest. 5 200 point seasons, more career assists than someone has points. The only one I've seen who came the closest was Mario Lemieux as far as dominance goes. Crosby's young but he's playing in such a different era where the goalies are better, less goals against, mind you Ovechkin had 65 goals last year. Crosby also has to deal with having losing key players after only a few years, where as Gretzky and the Oilers could keep their good players for years. When all is said in done, do you think Crosby or Malkin will have the better career? There were points last year where Malkin was carrying the Pens while Crosby was hurt that made things interesting. How long will two franchise players on one team last?

The Devils got shutout by the Sabres. Just saw the highlights.

What did all of you think about Dallas's shenanigans against the Bruins on the weekend? Steve Ott and Avery really pushed the envelope. Modano even criticized them by basically saying if they are going to do that crap then he wants an off-ice front office job. Brett Hull has to get Avery under control, otherwise that team is in trouble. There's talk of them getting Mark Parish to play with Brendan Morrow and get some secondary scoring.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Ott and Avery were an embarassment. I was watching parts of that game with the Bruins announcers and they weren't being too kind to Ott and Avery. They were comparing them both to Morrow also of Dallas who is a physical player and accumulates a bunch of penalty minutes every season saying that at least Morrow will face you like a man and doesn't resort to the cheap stuff.

Give me tough guys like Laraque and Boogaard who will fight no questions asked but they won't go after an opponents skilled players.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Toxic Sammy Hain:
The kid is an awesome talent and you have to remember just how young he still is. Someday they'll be making unfair comparisons to him.

You're probably correct Sam....it's more a personal thing with me and Crosby. We play the Pens alot, so I see his attitude. that's what turns me off with him.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Did something happen last year with Jagr and Crosby? I seem to recall some sort of thing. Crosby has had a few running battles with some star players over the past few years. He had something going with Kovalchuk one time, doing a lot of yapping. And always fireworks when Malkin and Ovechkin go head to head, really don't think they like each other.

Even Don Cherry who likes the rough stuff didn't have kind words for Avery. He said he can't stand the fact that he picks his spots like that. 80'sRocked, what did you really think of him when he was a Ranger?

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
xchazx I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this will go down as Black Tuesday with Devil fans. Maybe you heard already heard, but Marty Brodeur will be out 3-4 months with torn ligaments. Not sure how good Kevin Weekes is, but maybe he can pull a Ty Conklin when he kept the Pens alive last year when Fleury was hurt. Maybe they can dig Ray Emery out of Russia, Hasek might be out there too.
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home