iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 27)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm right there with ya Pitts...I've been watching every second of every game. I hear ya on the penalty calling. Game one as well...dude covered the puck with his hand when it was on top of Osgood....that's supposed to result in a penalty shot for the other team...but that wasn't called either. I'm so hopin that Pittsburgh pulls off a couple of wins at home...then Detroit wins game five...Pittsburgh wins game six...and wins it in game seven....sweet. I don't watch too much hockey through the regular season...too busy. So come playoff time, my wife is pretty tolerant and will even watch a bit with me. It's 9 PM now, so the game is just starting here....here's hopin for one...good luck!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tied 2-2 going into the third. Just tell me when Crosby is going to bust out of this slump. He just looks so nadcuffed out there.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops! SP. Handcuffed.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woot woot...like I said...Pittsburgh takes it in game 7!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I would love it to go to seven games at this point. Although Detroit is tough on home ice. Any idea what happened to Peter Sykora? He used to scorer, now I don't see him anywhere.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't heard anything about Sykora. Talbot has been exceptional. I wish Malkin could have scored too. He's getting better at his English language skills now too! He was joking with the press about it.
Posts: 2290 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
I'm scared that a potential game 7 may fall on one of my back shifts at work...hmmmm....might be a sick day...
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
I was actually working a back shift last night, but got to see the last half of the game...which is a miracle in itself....I work in a treatment center for youth...and they rarely settle for bed on time...tonight they did. The second miracle...Pittsburgh won! Woot woot!
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I could have shot the tv on saturday, i would have. Pittsburgh needs to knock off the crap and get their act together. No more dirty playing, they are only going to make themselves look bad.
kevdug, I hope you will be watching tomorrow night. It seems when you get to watch the games, the Pens win!

Posts: 2290 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
I'll be watchin for sure...really hoping for a game 7. If the Pens win tomorrow, does it go back to Detroit for game 7...and does anyone know when a game 7 would be on...again...I'm scared it will land on one of my backshifts....might have to be a sick day...cause I ain't missin a game 7! * My wife will be happy when this is all over...I have the horse blinders on during the playoffs...not much else gets done....
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

kevdug, I've had my head up my butt lately, so I'm not sure if they go to Detroit for a game 7. I would think that they would. Yoy, I'm so nervous. I'll let ya know where game 7 will be, and the scheduled time, if we make it out of game 6!
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Swing....game 7 it is....Friday night in Detroit. I'm scheduled to work a backshift (7PM - 7AM)...not sure about requesting a vacation day, as last minute requests are not supposed to happen...or...call in sick. If I request a vacation day and it is declined...I can't call in sick and risk missing the game. Hmmmm...I have 1400 + hours of sick time banked...might just be time to cash some in...here's hoping Pittsburgg can pull on off in Detroit....home games have obviously been key....
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
What a game last night! Can't wait for Friday night to go down. Fleury had a whale of a game last night, just hope Crosby and Malkin can save their best for last. I want the Pens to get the cup, but I just get this gut feeling Detroit is going to pull it out. Hope you can get to see the game kevdug!
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

OMG, I was so nervous. So was the hubby- he was so agitated, when I felt his arm, I think his body temp had gone up 50 degrees,haha! Thank goodness for Scuderi saving two shots too! Fleury finally pulled his head outta his butt also.
kevdug, I say use up some sick time! See you Friday in Detroit! We need you to watch the game, cuz you bring Pittsburgh good luck when you do watch!

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
I'm in....at work yesterday, my boss asked me to change my night shift (7PM - 7AM)to a (12 NOON til Midnight) to accomodate a meeting in the afternoon. I bargained for a 9 AM - 9 PM....which gets me home just in time for the game. With me watching....Pittsburgh can't lose....
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I seriously wonder what is going through Marian Hossa's mind right now? Did he pick the wrong team after all? I'm hoping tomorrow's game will be a classic.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I am still so nervous. I can't watch any of the pre-game stuff on the news today. Riptide, they are calling Hossa "No-Sa" here. I just pray that our little Flower (Fleury) plays well, along with everyone else. Oh man, my stomach is in knots, hope I can eat dinner before the game. kevdug- I'm glad you're watching. You will bring us good luck. Hey, the Steelers won in Detroit, so why not the Pens too?!
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2-0 Pens in the third....looks like they're going to pull it off.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Incredible game! More than lived up to it's billing. Just a gritty, intense, edge of your seat classic game with a flurry of a finish. b. Fleury was incredible and Talbot had the game of his life. Just surreal seeing Sid lift the Cup after getting injured and having no goals in the finals. Do do it in Joe Louis was even more incredible.

80'srocked, this might sound kind of strange, but the way I see it, the Rangers will hoist the Cup in 2012. Eric Staal led the Canes to the Cup in 2006, Jordan just iced his in 2009, so I figure Marc Staal will hoist his in 2012.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Holy crap Kevdug, there must be a severe party going on back home with the native son Sid getting his first cup. Being an ex-pat Bluenoser myself I'm might envious of the fun going on there. My young nephew Sam in Halifax must be on cloud nine that his beloved #87 gets to be the youngest captain in NHL history to raise a cup!
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I'm envious too of the party going on in Pittsburgh as well. Just incredible with the Steelers and now the Pens in 2009. PG, take some parade photos or something.
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Congrats Pittsburghgirl...awsome game. Finally...I'm able to take off my playoff underwear...may need to be surgically removed [Eek!] Imagine how Talbot is feeling right now...the only two goals...to win game seven in the finals...holy crap! Pretty decent party here Rip...had a few buddies over...some beers...my wife even watched the game. Already planning a road trip when Sid takes the cup home....only about an hours drive away. * Had the cup right through my hometown twice already...Collin White w' New Jersey, and John Sim w' Dallas....exciting stuff. And...just a small reminder of my previous post-

"Pittsburgh pulls off a couple of wins at home...then Detroit wins game five...Pittsburgh wins game six...and wins it in game seven....sweet."

I feel I'm partly responsible for them winning...you're welcome Pittsburghgirl [Wink]

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
This must be the biggest thing for the Maritimes since then-TB's Brad Richards brought home the cup to PEI. In one of the french newspapers here, Talbot was on the cover with the headline Talbot superstar, with Fleury not too far behind. Seeing Mario raise the Cup for the first time since 92 and now as an owner was incredible too.
Colt 45
Master Rewinder
Member # 4940

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Colt 45   Email Colt 45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With 3 or 4 minutes left there was a shot that the announcer said hit the crossbar and bounced out, but viewed from a different angle it was definitely a goal. Why wasn't it reviewed?!?!?!? I think that the league just wants to promote Sidney Crosby and the Penguins for TV ratings.

That was a goal and the Red Wings would have won it in OT. We were robbed!!!

Posts: 124 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
I've seen the replay...clearly hit the crossbar. And as for what the league wanted...seems like they wanted Detroit to win...given the dozen penalties they didn't call on Detroit in games 1 and 2...but really...what do I know...I'm an Edmonton Oilers fan! [Wink]
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home