iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 25)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got in by the skin of our teeth, it wasn't pretty as my chewed nails will attest. Going to be another physical grudge match against the Bruins starting Thursday.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rangers got a shot against the Caps in this series. Theodore looked shaky and that could be what does them in if King Henry stands on his head. Not sure what happened to Drury in the warmup and why he had to miss the game. Dubinsky's goal was sick.

The Devils handled Carolina with ease, they outshot them badly. And the Pens made quick work of the Flyers. God, this is my favorite time of year where every game means something.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´m going to watch Rangers-Capitals game 2 soon.
Playoff hockey, that´s entertainment!

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rip...no comments on Thursday's game...oh....you must be in mourning [Frown] I'll not poke too much fun....I'm an Oiler's fan! Really out of the loop this year, re really busy with my job and family...but hoping to get back on track now that the playoffs are on. For the record....when my Oilers are out...I always pick a Canadian team to cheer for...so I'll be rootin for your Habs. If all Canadian teams are out...I cheer for New Jersey....Colin White is a home town boy.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A tad off topic for one moment...has anyone else seen the recent hockey DVDs they are releasing? They chronical a specific team and include their 10 most popular games over the years, as voted on by fans...10 complete games. I've only seen a set for the Islanders and Oilers so far....my birthday is soon, and I'm pretty sure my wife got the Oilers set for me....awwww...who am I kidding....I'm totally sure...I saw it through the bag! Anyone else seeing these?
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Rangers got a shot against the Caps in this series.

They've got more than a shot! They are as good as any team(offensively)at even strength(with Tort's). The King is doing the rest.....winning the first 2 games in Washington is a real shocker, but we can't let up now.....go for the jugular at home now!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watching Penguins-Flyers game 3.
This is war, ladies and gentlemen!!

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Habs/Bruins and Flyers/Pens have to be the most heated, hated, vicious wars on ice at this moment. How about those Sharks? Looking like another chokeathon.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Rangers pushing the Caps on the brink of elimination yesterday. Looks like Torts wll get them in the next round. I just hope they take out the Bruins too.

Sam, you heard any rumours that Gaborik is LA bound?

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The King was at his best last night....one of his best performances in his career. It aint over yet though, Ovechkin is a one man show.

Sorry for the beat-down and flat out embarassment Rip. I hope we advance and kick the crap out of them in the next round.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Where are you xchazx? Marty has a game like that and you're nowhere to be found?
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
That was one of the best goalie duels I ever saw last night with Mary and Cam Ward. I have a feeling it's going to 7. X-man, give a holla.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Disgraceful appearance from the Rangers tonight in Washington. I'm ticked that I now have to cancel my tee time on Sunday to watch a game 6....which shouldn't be on at 2:00 in the afternoon in the first place! Sucks. They better win and make it all worth-while....actually, they have to win because I can't see them winning a game 7 in Washington.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Disgraceful appearance from the Rangers

Again today. If they lose game 7 on Tuesday night, you may not here from me for some time.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
It's turning out to be a topsy turvy series with a lot of drama. With the Torts water bottle incident, the Dubinsky biting thing, and some Ovechkin highlight goals. Let's hope the Rangers can get their A game Tuesday night. I wonder if the Sharks will go down tonight or make it to seven. Blackhawks might finish off the banged up Flames as well.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
****s been meptic lately. don't get on as much as i once did.

if the devils lose game 7, i'm going on a kill crazy rampage.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Going to be a doozy tonight with Carolina/New Jersey.

How about those Sharks? Lost again in the first round. Where do they go now?

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
What a shocker, x-man and 80'srocked, this is not your night. My condolences. Just finished watching the Devils/Canes game and my jaw is still dropping with those two late,late goals, OMG.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lock your doors kids, tonights going to get ugly. i mean dayglo tights and crimped hair ugly.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Sorry about your Rangers guys...I was rootin for yas....Washington just doesn't excite me at all...
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Just finished watching the Devils/Canes game and my jaw is still dropping with those two late,late goals, OMG.

I feel your pain xchazx. After I watched my team go down with a lowly, pathetic, humiliating, one shot on goal in the third period last night....I switched on the Devils/Canes to see that the Devs were still winning with about 5 minutes left. "Great", I said to myself. Now I also get to watch the eff'n Devils celebrate a game 7 victory at home. What can I say? I couldn't believe what I was seeing after those two goals so late like that. I was, and still am, truly shocked. Only the Rangers are capable of such debacles! or so I thought! Amazing....anyway, for as happy and delighted as I was to witness it, I couldn't help but think of the pain that you must have felt with that swift kick in the nut$. I would rather blow a 3 games to 1 lead than go out like that.

Riptide, kevdug, buffalo-girl, EJ, Sammy, xchazx....we had some good runs this season....well, maybe not EJ, but anyway, thanks for making this season more enjoyable than ever before. Better luck to us all next year. With that said, I'll still be hanging around here for the rest of the playoffs! Afterall, I HAVE to root against Sid the Kid....sorry PittsburghGirl [Razz] at least you're still playing hockey and not golf. [Wink]

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
My Oilers didn't even get to play golf...out so early...the greens were too wet! I have to pick another team to cheer for in the playoffs. My rule of thumb....cheer for any Canadian team left....then cheer for New Jersey, as Colin White grew up in my home town...which means a Stanley Cup parade practically driving right past my house...then to Pittsburgh...Crosby grew up only a mere 1.5 hour drive from my home town...I'd certainly be up for a short road trip to see the Stanley Cup parade.....
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
a truly historic choke job by the devils. 80 seconds away from the next round and they give up not one, but two ****ing goals. but this was probably for the best, because there was no way this team was advancing past the next round because i still don't believe CAR is that good.

this is going to be a big off season for the devils. i have to believe some big changes are coming. this was an old team built to win this year. they will not finish better than 4th in the atlantic next season, and possibly last, if they don't tweak this team. this could be the first time in about 16 years where i think the devils may have to rebuild. brodeur has shown that age is finally catching up with him. he needs a better d in front of him because he is no longer capable of carrying a team. he's as guilty of this collapse as anyone. this is going to be a long summer.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Man, I lost some money on the Devils, that collapse I could only imagine happening to the Canadiens or the Rangers, but Marty and the Devils? I sensed the Devils were in a bit of trouble in game 6 when it looked like 40 year old Shanahan was the only one who looked like he was bringing it. In my office pool, I honestly had a Sharks-Devils final, now I'm last in the pool.

X-man, what's the NJ media saying about the team right now? Is Sutter's job in jeopardy? What will they do with Clemenson? What's Lou saying now?

As for the Rangers, the media must be having a field day too. It just reeks of sick irony that in the end John Torterella was as undisciplined as Sean Avery. And these overpaid guys like Redden, Gomez, Naslund and Drury just did not bring it when it counted.

As for my team, the Habs are in total chaos with a complete overhaul imminent. 11 UFA players, not just the GM, coach and goalie posiition in question, but the buzz of the owner selling the team admidst all this uncertainty is sheer bedlam.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's going to be the Penguins vs. Washington Caps. I'm looking forward to seeing the Russian vs. Russian- Malkin v. Ovechkin. Should be an exciting round! I just wish Crosby would keep his flap shut with his whining sometimes!
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home