iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 23)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this was so sad last night the sabres were winning the game 3-2 against the thrashers then they scored in the last 3 seconds of the game to tie it up!! went into a shoot-out and they won arggggggg!!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another mediocre effort on Saturday, X-man, your boy Marty came through tyong the record. Also liked the fact that all the Devils and personnel came on the ice and congratulated him, a real "family" moment, a term that's pretty foreign to the soft, gutless Habs.

We'll have to see what kind of game transpires Tuesday 80'sRocked. Avery has been playing good of late, the standings are so tight right now it's going to go down right to the wire.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
We'll have to see what kind of game transpires Tuesday 80'sRocked. Avery has been playing good of late, the standings are so tight right now it's going to go down right to the wire.

I don't think you have much to worry about Ripper, the Rangers have a tough time winning in Montreal every time they visit. I hope I am wrong though!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we play ottawa tonight hopefully we can win?? fingers crossed!!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's going to be like a playoff game tonight, Price in nets, Kovalev is back, we'll see which team shows up. Just don't ask me what team I'm picking for a bet tonight. A lot of other huge games tonight as well. Probably my favorite time of the year for hockey.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Woohoo. Got tickets for tonight's game, going to be intense.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Man, what a downer. We got one point, but not as good as a game as I thought it was going to be. Carey Price saw a lot of shots, but he loked terrible in the shootout. Fluky third goal by Markov too. A lot of fans are frustrated with this team.

So King Marty has the title for most wins now, and the Red Wings came back against the Flyers. Too bad Buffalogirl, the Senators won. Those standings are as close as can be.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i know we were winning until the start of the 2nd. period 2-0 then they scored 2 goals terrible game again 4-2 so much for the playoffs? bummer!!!!
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I picked Buffalo to win too on a bet, such is life. There's talk that Ryan Miller has been practicing, so he might be back before the season is over.
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
that's good news riptide cause as of last friday they were saying he was not even skating yet? sorry about your bet!! but i had a bad feeling last night ottawa has been kicking our butt lately?
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I just have a hard time with crap teams going nowhere "suddenly" playing well at the end of the season like the Thrashers, Islanders, even the Senators. Like where was this effort in October boys? Unfortunately I can't root for Sabres at all, with them and Carolina being so close to us in the standings.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a heck of a game last night Ripper! You must have been full of highs and lows with the back and forth! That extra point we got was huge I think. Good thing Florida and Buffalo lost for both of us. We get Buffalo next on Sat. night.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
80'srocked, your team has more momentum right now with the coaching change(Torts), the revival of Avery and the deadline moves(Morris, Antropov)than us. I really fear we won't be in the playoffs come April with the inconsisten, indifferent play. The fanbase here is rabid, but there were boos last night so the fans are pretty fed up with Gainey's 5 year plan. If we do make it, I pray it's not first round against the Devils, the Bruins maybe since they look vulnerable. Should be a heck of a three weeks though.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Doesn't look good for Montreal right now.....down 4-0 I see. Rangers are leading 4-1 after 2 periods to Buffalo. Good night so far for us.

Update - 4-2 now in the Montreal game....that was fast!

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
yeah well wearing all my sabres gear did not help us at all we lost friday and saturday so much for the play-offs for us!!
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Don't worry Buffalo girl, looks like you will have company on the sidelines with the crap that's going on here.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gabby is back in the lineup for the Wild and with today's 3-0 victory over Edmonton Minnesota is only a point behind Nashville for the last playoff spot in the west.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Gabby's back? Wonder if he will be playing his last stretch as a Wild. He takes up so much cap space. Also Sam, you hearing any reports that Jacques Lemaire won't be back next year?
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty sure Gabby will finish the season in Minnesota now that the trade deadline has passed. Haven't heard anything about Lemaire but personally I think it's time for a change even though I feel he's a good coach
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I think it might be a good move for both parties, Lemaire is a good coach, but he wants to win every game 1-0, maybe a a coach with a different system might be appropriate. I have a feeling that Saku Koivu might be going to the Wild in the offseason. No clue who will be the next Habs coach. There's talk it might be Don Lever or Bob Hartley. When things couldn't get more screwy here, we are hearing reports the team might be up for sale as well. All I know is we are playing like the worst team in the league and it's a crying shame being the 100th season and all.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Florida loses to Carolina in OT 3-2, so Canadiens still in last playoff spot. They play a hot Atlanta team tomorrow though.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Rangers beat the Wild last night 2-1, and Habs finally get some goals last night against Atlanta.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Rangers beat the Wild last night 2-1, and Habs finally get some goals last night against Atlanta.

Yeah Rip, good game last night for us....sorry Sammy. Gabby looked pretty good last night scoring a goal of course. He scares me ever since he scored 5 goals against us in that one game in 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDN_S7mO6jo

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Did you see that hit Gabby gave on Naslund last night? That was unexpected. We have a one game winning streak going. LOL.
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
yeah we finally won last night to the florida panthers 5-3!!!! ryan miller is back tomorrow night too !!!! go sabres!!!
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home